Status: Incomplete. NEU-on or before Wednesday

Perfectly Imperfect-All Seasons

THE CONTRACT: PART 1

 Hey, guys, thanks for coming along and reading this. I’m really excited to share this story with you!

 

          Before you start reading this chapter, there’s something you should know about Alex’s nightmare(s) in this chapter.

 

          A few years ago, Logan went through what she called “dark times” where a man who she called Harvey Wickston haunted her with nightmares, she believed she could hear his voice and even see him at times. Eventually everything went back to normal, but the darkness in the dream in this chapter is reminiscent of Harvey, and his voice appears in the dream, even though he is never seen.

 

          If you guys haven’t taken the quiz that goes along with this book, please do so. There are a few questions that will help me decide where to go with this book, and will hopefully make the reading experience better for you guys. Here is the link:

 

          Guys, ever since I started thinking about The Dit Show, I’ve always wanted to do a Chase 2-parter. And here it is! Welcome to The Contract.

 

          Estimated number of episodes this season: 36

 

          This episode: Chase has returned under contract, but Logan is having a hard time fitting him back into her life. Susan goes on vacation, and the kids are left to fend for themselves. Marceline and Shadow try to plan a first date. After Dakota bonds with Tails, Louella tries to prove she is a better sister. Butters and Rouge bond.

 

SEASON 1-EPISODE 1:

         

Logan glanced over at the wall as she sat on her bed, Vanellope on her lap.

She took a deep breath.

Her door opened, and she thought it was her mother. But no. The darkness came towards her as she screamed, "No, no, NO! No, please don't take me! NO, GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

***

Logan awoke with a start, breathing heavily. The darkness was still there, even though Harvey was gone. 

But at least the nightmare was over.

           

          JULY 14 (TUESDAY):

            “I can’t wait to see this movie tonight,” said Logan, eating a piece of leftover pizza for dinner. “This is gonna be so awesome!”

            “Yeah, it’s gonna be cool,” said Susan.

            Later, they were preparing to go off to the movies.

            The family was going to see Jurassic World that night.

            “I don’t think I’m going to get M&Ms tonight,” said Logan. “I’m gonna get Real Fruit gummies instead.” She turned to her mom. “Maybe I’ll split them with you.”

            “Oh, that’s funny,” said Susan. “I wasn’t actually going to get anything, and I was thinking, since you didn’t eat your M&Ms last time, that I wasn’t going to buy you M&Ms this time. Then I thought ‘Wait a minute. I can just bring your M&Ms with us and hide them in my purse.’”

            Susan decided to buy gummies for Logan and share them with her.

            They got to the movies at around 7: 15, and after Logan’s mother paid for the candy, she sent Logan to get straws for the soda.

            As they were going into the theatre, Logan reminded them that they’d forgotten their 3-D glasses, because the movie was in 3-D.

            When the movie was over, Logan said she thought it was a pretty good movie, but she still preferred the originals.

            ***

 

          JULY 15 (WEDNESDAY):

            Marceline was flipping blueberry pancakes when Edith walked into the kitchen. Edith sat down at the table.

            “Morning,” she said brightly to her sister.

            Marceline turned and smiled at her little sister, who was licking her lips and bouncing in her seat. “Morning, kiddo! I bet you’re hungry.”

            “Yeah.”

            “Well, these pancakes are pretty much ready.”

            “Cool!”

            Butters came into the kitchen and sat down beside his sister.

            “Hey, Butters. How’d you sleep?” Edith asked her little brother.

            “Pretty good.”

            “That’s good. I heard you’ve been having some nightmares and stuff lately.”

            “I don’t really want to talk about it.”

            “Okay. I respect that.”

            “Hey, Butters, you want some pancakes?” asked Marceline.

            “Sure! That sounds great.”

            Cream ran into the kitchen. “I heard pancakes!” she said excitedly.

            “Oh, great,” muttered Marceline. “Guys, I only made six. If you want another batch, you’re gonna have to wait a while.”

            “Alright, I can wait,” said Butters.

            “I’ll wait, too,” said Cream.

            “Hey, since you guys are here, I thought that maybe I could take the three of you to Chuck E. Cheese.”

            “Yeah!” said Butters.

            “Sounds like fun,” said Edith. “I’ll go.”

            “Okay, I’ll come, too,” said Cream. “I want to get some more tickets so I can get that dollhouse that’s at the prize counter.”

            “Where do you have room for a dollhouse?” Marceline asked.

            “I have an empty shelf in my room.”

            Shadow walked into the kitchen. “Mmm, something smells good.”

            “Shadow!” Cream ran over to her brother and hugged him. Shadow hugged back.

            “Morning, sweetheart,” said Shadow.

            “Good morning, Cream,” said Shadow, untangling his little sister from his waist.

            “Hey, Shadow,” said Butters.

            “Morning, Shadow,” said Edith.

            “Morning, guys.”

            “Marceline’s making pancakes,” said Butters.

            “Morning, babe,” said Shadow, walking over and kissing his girlfriend.

            Butters and Cream covered their eyes. “Yuck,” said Cream.

           *THEME SONG*

 

          You are my world

          You are my wings sometimes

          I’m ready to fly away

          Everyday

          So ready to play

          Hey, hey, hey

 

          I just want to open up to the sunshine

          No matter what I do I’ll be so fine

          As long as I’ve got you

          You’re my sister, my brother

          We’re there for each other

          You’re everything I need

 

          You mean everything to me

          You mean everything…

          To me!

            

            “So I thought that we could have our first official date today,” said Shadow. “There’s this great Chinese place in the strip mall I thought we could go to for lunch.”

            “Oh, actually, I already promised Edith, Cream, and Butters that I would take them to Chuck E. Cheeses. So, maybe another day.”

            “Ok,” said Shadow. “Well, see you guys later.”

            “Bye!” the kids said.

          JULY 16 (THURSDAY):

            Rouge came into the room where Butters was watching TV.

            “Hey, Butters, what are you up to today?” she asked.

            “Not much,” replied Butters. “Just watching Fairly Oddparents.”

            “Oh, I thought we could hang out today, maybe go to Putt Putt Pizza.”

            Butters paused his show and looked up, excitement in his eyes. “That sounds great! I would love to. Can Cream come, too?”

            “Well, I was thinking it could be just you and me today. That way we could bond.”

            “Well, okay.”

            “Alright, so get ready, let’s go.”

            “I need to get lunch first.”

            “We’re going to get lunch there.”

            “Oh, okay.”

 ****

           

            Rouge pulled the car out from the driveway and Butters hopped in. He buckled up his seatbelt and they went to Putt Putt Pizza. Along the way, Butters and Rouge played the license plate game. Butters won, but he thought perhaps his sister had let him win.

            As soon as they got to Putt Putt Pizza, Butters barreled through the gate and headed right over to their little restaurant.

            “Can I have a cheeseburger?” asked Butters.

            “You can have anything you want,” said Rouge.

            “I want a vanilla milkshake, a bacon cheeseburger, and a chocolate chip cookie.”

            “I’ll just have a slice of pepperoni pizza and a cream soda,” Rouge added.

            After the two had eaten their lunch, they decided to play a few video games in the mini arcade before they went to play mini golf.

            “I’m gonna cream you,” Butters warned.

            “There is no way,” said Rouge, giving her brother a determined look.

            “Here, take the blue one,” offered Rouge.

            “You-you want me to be player one?” asked Butters in an unsure tone.

            “Yeah. You think you can handle that?”

            Butters gave his older sister a determined look. “Yeah. I can.”

            They both pretended to load their guns and began to shoot at the screen. They turned to each other every once in a while, shooting each other determined looks or smug smiles when they were winning.

            ONE HOUR LATER:

            Butters hit his ball and it went right into the hole.

            “Yes! That’s only three for me.”

            “I’m still winning by two points,” said Rouge.

            “Yeah, well, it’s the last hole, so I don’t have much of a chance to win.”

            Rouge smiled at her little brother. “Okay, I’ll give you a chance. I’ll give you a sudden death round.”

            “Sudden death?”

            “Yeah. Whoever gets the best score in this hole wins the game.”

            Butters smiled. “Okay. But why the heck do they call it sudden death?”

            “I don’t exactly know,” Rouge said, as they walked to the last hole.

            “Hmm,” said Butters to himself.

            They made it to the last hole, and Rouge decided to go first. She started with one stroke, and then went a few more times until her ball went in the hole.

            “Haha, you got six,” teased Butters.

            Rouge stuck her tongue out playfully at her brother. “Fine, let’s see you do better.” She handed Butters his golf club and placed his ball on the green.

            Butters stood at the left side of the ball and bent his knees. He grabbed his golf club and put it over his shoulder, then swung it around. He hit the ball so hard that it flew off of the green. It tapped the bench beside the hole, then flew into the windmill, where it got spun around, then was airborne, flying over the windmill towards the hole. Rouge and Butters hurried after it. It hit the ground a few feet from the hole, bounced several times, and rolled right into the hole.

            Butters cheered and threw his hands in the air excitedly.

            All Rouge could say was, “Wow.”

            JULY 17 (FRIDAY):

            Tails sat in the basement playing a video game.

            Dakota came downstairs and looked over her brother’s shoulder. “Hey, Tails.”

            Tails didn’t look up from his game. “Oh, hey, Dakota.”

            “Hey, you busy at all?”

            “Little bit. I gotta get to level 12.”

            “Oh, well, I have this new baseball glove, and I need someone to help me test it out.”

            Tails paused the game and slowly looked up at his sister. “Um, you wanna hang out with me?”

            “Of course, why wouldn’t I? You’re my brother.”

            “Oh.”

            “Why would you think I wouldn’t want to hang out with you?”

            “Well, it’s just, I also have this other fox sister, and she never wants to spend time with me.”

            “Louella? She’s 14. She’s probably just going through that teenage phase where she doesn’t want to spend time with the family.”

            Tails glared down at his lap. “She spends time with other people,” he said quietly.

            “Well, I want to spend time with you. So, do you want to go outside and play catch, or do you want to grab me a controller?”

            FRIDAY EVENING:

            Logan sat up in her room, watching YouTube videos on her computer. Her mother knocked on her door. 

            “Come in!” called Logan.

            Susan entered. “Wanna come down and pick a movie?” she asked.

            “Sure,” said Logan.

            She came downstairs and her mother handed her the remote.

            Then Chase came down as well and said he wanted to join the family for a movie night. So a few minutes went by and Logan had chosen a movie that everyone had agreed upon. Susan still needed about ten more minutes to get ready, so Logan spent the next few minutes browsing through movies. It didn’t take her long to find a movie that she wanted to watch more than the one she had originally chosen that everyone had agreed on.

            It didn’t take her long to decide that she wanted to watch that movie instead.

            Chase, however, was not having that. He began to argue with his sister immediately. Logan argued back, insisting that it was her night to choose and that her brother said he wasn’t originally going to watch the movie with them. Susan took Chase’s side in the matter, and eventually they argued so much that they decided that nobody was watching a movie that night, and they all left angry.

           

            JULY 18 (SATURDAY MORNING):

            When Logan got up the next morning, she felt bad for what she had started. Luckily, that night everything was okay again and they all watched the movie.

            (A/N: I’m sorry that I can’t remember any details, but everything in this book comes from events in my life, and I’ve left this so long that I can’t remember a lot of details. It’s probably going to be this way for a lot more episodes, until, I catch up. I feel bad for leaving it so long, but that’s just the way it happened. When I catch up, I’ll write down as many details as I can remember at the end of each day, and my chapters will be a lot longer. I’ll let you guys know when I’m all caught up and will start having longer chapters.)

 

 

            JULY 19 (SUNDAY):

            “Hey, Butters, I made pancakes,” said Rouge, flipping the pancakes as her little brother walked into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. Edith wasn’t far behind. “Ooh, pancakes! I’ll take three.”

            “How ‘bout you, Butters?” asked Rouge. “How many do you want? I made loads.”

            “I’m not hungry for pancakes,” said Butters. His voice sounded a little raspy, but Rouge just assumed that it was just morning voice.

            “Well, what are you hungry for?”

            “Nothing.”

            “What do you mean, nothing?”

            “I don’t feel good.”

            “Maybe you need some food.”

            “Alright, I’ll have a pancake.”

            Butters sat down and started eating, but as soon as he had a few bites in him, he hopped out of his chair and ran to the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet.

            SUNDAY AFTERNOON:

            “Hey, I cleaned out your puke bucket,” said Rouge.

            “Thanks,” said Butters. “This wasn’t how I expected to spend my Sunday.”

            “Yeah, me neither,” admitted Rouge.

            “I wanted to bond with you some more.”

            “Hey, we are bonding. Maybe not in the way that you hoped, but taking care of you when you’re sick is one of those things that sibling assignments do.”

            “I know, but I didn’t want to ruin your Sunday.”

            Rouge sat down and put an arm around Butters. “You didn’t ruin my Sunday.”

            “I didn’t?”

            “You got sick. You can’t control it. Besides, I would rather look after you when you were sick then go to the mall and not spend time with you.”

            “Really?”

            “Well, not much more, but still.”

            Butters laughed a little. “Thanks.”

            “You’re welcome.”

            Butters quickly grabbed the bucket from his sister’s hands and vomited into it.

            “Rouge-“

            “I’ll clean the bucket.”

            JULY 20 (MONDAY):

            Dakota and Tails were outside in the yard, tossing a football around.

            Louella walked up to Vanellope, who was lounging on the couch with a book. “Hey. Have you seen Dakota?”

            “She’s outside with Tails.” Vanellope jerked a thumb towards the window.

            “Oh.”

            Louella went outside to see her sister and brother tossing the football around. “Hey, Dakota, wanna hang?”

            “I’m hanging out with Tails right now. Maybe a little later.”

            “He’s seven.”

            “But he’s my brother.”

            “Whatever you say.”

            “Tails, go long!” Dakota threw the football as far as she could.

            When Tails was out of earshot, Dakota said, “He’s also your brother. And he told me that lately you don’t wanna spend much time with him. Why’s that?”

            “I’ve just been busy.”

            “Too busy to spend some time with your little fox brother?”

            “I guess I didn’t realize that it meant that much to him.”

            “Well, it does.”

            “I didn’t want to hurt his feelings or anything. I guess I should make more time for him. I mean, he is my little brother, and I do love him. I just…forget to show it.”

            “Sounds like you guys need some bonding time.”

            “That would be nice. But I’m pretty busy with high school and friends and stuff. How am I going to get any time in?”

            “I got an idea! I’m going to ask Tails to come to my aunt’s house in Ottawa this weekend. You should come too. It’ll be just us foxes, and you guys will get in some much needed bonding time!”

            “That’s an awesome idea! You sure your aunt won’t mind?”

            “No way, she always says I can bring guests if I want to. She’ll be happy for you guys to come with.”

            “Come with where, to what?” asked Tails.

            The girls turned around and saw their little brother standing there, a big smile plastered on his face and the football tucked under his arm.(Tell me in the comments if you think it’s his right arm or his left arm.)

            “To my aunt’s house. I’m inviting you and Louella.”

            “Cool. This is gonna be really good! We can have some fox sibling time.”

            “That was the plan,” said Dakota.

           

            ******

            The next few days flew by.

            TUESDAY: Vanellope, Edith, and Tails spend the afternoon having a dance contest with Just Dance 3.

            WEDNESDAY: Tails, Louella, and Dakota take a math test. Tails gets a B, Louella gets a B, and Dakota gets an A-.

            THURSDAY: It’s a PA day, and Shadow takes Tails and Edith to Putt Putt Pizza to supervise them on their date. Later Tails and Edith cuddle up with a movie.

            FRIDAY: It’s a long school, but finally the bell rings. Louella, Tails, and Dakota climb into the car and get out of there, driving all the way to Ottawa.

            During the Drive: Tails and Dakota share wet willies and punch buggies in the backseat. They stare out the window and show each other landmarks and other cool things. They fight over who gets to pick the music. Tails eventually falls asleep on Dakota’s shoulder.

            JULY 24 (FRIDAY NIGHT):

            Several hours later, around 9:00, the three fox siblings finally arrived. Dakota carefully tried to shrug Tails off of her. Louella came around to the backseat and shook Tails awake. Tails sat up, rubbing his eyes.

            “Hey, we’re here,” said Tails. “Last time I was awake, there was trees and stuff. How long was I asleep for?”

            “Um….” Louella checked her watch. “Almost an hour and a half.”

            “Wow, I never slept in the car before.”

            “Well, you have now,” said Dakota. “Come on, let’s go.”

            Dakota’s aunt came to the door just at that moment. She was a tall fox, with a very fluffy tail, glasses, and an apron on.

            “Hi, Dakota!” she called out cheerfully. “It’s so good to see you!”

            “Auntie Mona!” Dakota ran towards her aunt and they hugged each other. “And these must be your siblings!”

            “Yup, this is my little brother, Tails, and my older sister, Louella.”

            Louella glanced up from her phone. “What’s up?”

            “It’s very nice to meet you, Mrs. Wheeler.” Tails and Mona shook hands.

            “Oh, call me Mona!” she said.

            “Oh, okay, Mona.”

            “I’ll help you with the bags.”

            “Thanks.” Tails cleared his throat and elbowed his sister.

            “Oh, goodness, I’m sorry, how rude of me!” Louella put her phone in her purse. “Very nice to meet you, Mrs-“

            “Mona.”

            “Mona. That’s a nice name.”

            “Thank you, sweetheart. I understand your mother probably wants you to call, but sometimes it’s nice to put away your devices.”

            “Tell you what, I’ll keep it with me, but I’ll keep it on vibrate, and I’ll only pick it up when Mom calls.”

            “That sounds lovely,” said Mona.

            “Thanks,” Dakota said quietly to her sister.

            “It’s no big deal. It’s just for the weekend. Besides, I’m here to spend time with you and Tails and Mona. That was the whole point of this trip.”

            Tails smiled at his sister. Once everyone had their bags in the house and the two sisters had found out they would be sharing a bedroom, Tails got a room all to himself, and then Mona showed the three fox children the cookies she had made for them.

            “Chocolate chip!” exclaimed Tails. “Thanks, Mona.” He grabbed a cookie. Dakota and Louella were close behind, and Mona poured milk for everybody. After the milk and cookies, everyone was tired, so they all went to bed.

            JULY 25 (SATURDAY):

            “Hey, mom,” said Louella, sitting on the bed with the phone.

            “Hey, sweetie.” Logan took a water bottle out of the fridge and then closed it. “How’s it going down in good old Ottawa?”

            “Good. We went out to breakfast, and later, we’re going to this really cool dinosaur museum.”

            “Oh, I think that I went there when we went on that family trip to Ottawa.”

            “Cool. Oh, I gotta go. We’re just about ready to get going.”

            “Ok, I’ll see you later. Have fun.”

            JULY 26 (SUNDAY):

            “Alright, you three ready to get ice cream?” asked Mona, after they had been walking around town for several hours.

            “Ice cream?” asked Tails.

            “Yes. Ice cream. Summer’s the perfect time for it. So?”

            Dakota counted down. “3, 2, 1!”

            Then her and her aunt chanted, “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!”

            Tails and Louella exchanged a look that meant, this is weird.

            JULY 27 (MONDAY):

            “We’re home!” called Louella, as they walked in the door that afternoon.

            “It’s so good to see you guys!” said Logan. “Did you guys have fun?”

            “Dakota’s aunt bakes really good chocolate chip cookies,” said Tails.

            “We went to the dinosaur museum,” said Dakota.

            “I put my phone away for a while and spent some time with the family,” said Louella.

            “That is so cool! Sounds like you guys had a great time.”

            “We did.”

            “Back to school tomorrow, right?” asked Logan.

            “You bet,” said Dakota.

            “Don’t worry, mom, we’ll be back to school tomorrow morning,” added Louella.

            “Alright, if you guys have any homework, you better make sure you finish it.”

            “Mom, you know stuffed animal schools don’t give out homework on the weekends,” said Tails.

            “Alright, then,” said Logan.

            ******

            “Louella, can I talk to you for a second?” asked Tails.

            “Yeah, Tails, sure.”

            “Why didn’t you ever want to hang out with me? And why did you come with me and Dakota if you never want to spend with me?”

            “I came with you and Dakota so I could spend time with you. Is that really what you think?”

            “Well, yeah.”

            “I do want to spend time with you, Tails. I just don’t seem to have enough time for everything. I have school, extracurriculars, commitments with friends, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to spend time with you. I do.”

            “You never say that.”

            “I don’t?”

            “No.”

            “I didn’t realize. I’m really sorry, Tails.”

            “That’s okay. I know being a teenager is tough work. It would just be nice if we had more time together.”

            “And we will. I promise I’ll make more time for you. Okay? And even if I have a lot of commitments, we’ll make time.”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah.”

             They hugged each other.

            Over the next two days, Louella honored her promise that she had made to her brother.

            JULY 29 (WEDNESDAY):

            “Hey, Louella, I really appreciate you making time for me these last couple of days.”

            “Hey, what are sisters for?”

            “Anyway, I wanted to make it up to you.” He handed his sister a small box. “Open it.”

            “Tails, what have you done?”

            Louella brought out a necklace with “Love You, Sis,” engraved on it.

            “Thanks, Tails.” They shared a hug, and Tails knew that things were going to change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys. Over 4100 words here. It's like, 4:15 am here, and I'm soooo tired, but you know what, I am so glad to have finally finished this chapter. I plan to finish one chapter every day from now on. Weekday, that is. After several weeks of working on this book, I'm taking a short break from it. But don't worry, it'll only be for one or two days, and I'm not taking a break from writing, just taking a break from writing this book. Tomorrow or Tuesday I'm going to post an update on Forgiveness: Screaming and Then Silence.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I'll put another update on Wednesday, and this time it won't take me weeks to finish it. Hopefully it'll only take me a day. I really need to crack down on myself more, starting on Monday.

Here's the questions from chapter 1:

1. What do you think of the relationship between Louella and Tails?

2. What is your favorite animal?

3. Who is your favorite out of the fox siblings?

4. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

5. If so, how do you get along?

That's all the questions I can think of for now. There will be more questions next chapter. I might come back and add in more details if I think of any. 

But for now, goodnight.