Sequel: Fulfilling Fate

Arranging Fate

Final Day

Just like he said he would, Zion woke me shortly before sunrise. I changed into the dress I married him in and he smiled at it. We went outside and he took me outside. We walked for a short distance to a hilltop.

“I’ll wait for you at the house,” he whispered and kissed my cheek.

I looked up at the sky and sat down. As I watched the beauty of the sun rising into the sky, I realized how much I took them for granted. I never thought there’d be a last one. But here I was, seeing it for the final time. I marveled at the pinks, oranges, and purples. The colors and beams stretched on for miles and it brought tears to my eyes. I’d never get to see this again.

I reflected on everything else I was going to lose. Sunsets, warm summer hikes, snowball fights when the clouds cleared, and going to the lake with my sister. I’d never get to do those things again. My future would be spent in darkness and war. How long would this war last? Would I ever be able to see my family again? Or was this my fate: to live with Zion, Heather, and Kassandra for the rest of eternity?

I shut my eyes and a sob escaped my lips. I covered my face and cried freely. Everything I was losing hit me all at once and I felt like my heart was shattering, coming back together, and shattering again. It felt like an eternity before I was able to get myself under control enough to stand up. I took a few deep breaths before going back to the house.

Zion was in his study, reading a book but I knew he wasn’t paying attention. When he saw my tear streaked face, he opened his arms. I slowly stepped into them and he held me so tenderly I just cried more.

I realized then that I was losing so much but I was also gaining more: love, a family, and a chance of happiness.

~-~

“Here,” Zion said that afternoon after I played my violin some more.

“Did you finally finish the painting?” I asked and he nodded.

“It’s for you,” he said.

I stood beside him and smiled, blushing a little. I looked up at him and he put an arm around my waist. I leaned into him.

It was a painting of me playing the violin. It caught everything perfectly. Around me, he had brushed white very lightly and it made me feel special.

“Thank you,” I said, smiling up at him.

“You’re welcome,” he whispered.

Dinner was hard for me to eat. I knew what was about to happen and ended up excusing myself early. Zion gave me an hour to myself. I stared out the window. It overlooked the east which explained why he always had the curtains drawn. When the door opened, I shut my door.

“It’s time, isn’t it?” I whispered.

“Yes,” he whispered back and walked up behind me. I jumped as his hands touched my hips. “Don’t be scared.”

“I can’t help it.”

I was shaking as I turned around to face him. His eyes were half closed as he looked down at me. I didn’t want to draw the moment out and stood on my toes. He closed the gap and our lips touched. The sensation was different this time, though. It was hot, passionate. I didn’t know what I was doing but I started at his shirt.

The second I touched his bare skin, he gasped. He untied my dress and let it fall. I shook in his arms but it was more from desire than fear. After spending the last three days together, I realized that, yes, I wanted him. It may not be love yet but it was there and I let him lead me to the bed we shared.

He lifted me gently and I sighed into his lips. His usually cold lips were warm as they left a trail to my neck. He moaned a little as I ran my hand down his back. We were both experiencing the same thing: fear and desire.

He looked into my eyes and I nodded. He kissed me and the next I knew we were moving together, moaning quietly. His fingers laced with mine as our tongues caressed each other. As I reached the orgasm my mother spoke of, I felt like I was flying among the clouds. I couldn’t stop the cry of pleasure from leaving my lips and, suddenly, he sunk his teeth into my neck.

I didn’t get the chance to even draw a breath but he kept moving as he did so. He drank my blood, moaning and gripping my breasts tightly. Finally, he withdrew from my neck. My body trembling was now from the loss of blood. I heard him swear.

“Oh no,” he breathed. “Oh I’m sorry. I went too far. Hold on, Aviel. Just-Just hold on.”

My eyesight was blurred as he did something and soon something was pushed to my lips. It tasted of copper and I realized he was giving me some of his blood. At first it was repulsive but, the more I drank, the more desirable it was. I grabbed his arm and drank deeply. He moaned again and I had flashes of images go through my mind.

When he took his wrist back, I fell against the blankets, panting heavily. I opened my eyes to see him still perched over me. As if he could read it in my mind, he pushed his lips on mine and we made love again.

~-~

The rest of the night was full of my screams of pain. My body was on fire and writhed in pain. I twisted on the bed as Zion, Heather, and Kassandra all tended to me. Zion kept whispering soothing things in my ear while Heather and Kassandra cleaned up the blood I was leaving on the sheets. I felt like I was dying.

Then, just as suddenly as it started, it stopped. I lay, panting so heavily I could barely catch my breath, and Zion stroked my damp hair. Now that I had stopped bleeding, Heather and Kassandra changed the sheets, letting Zion help me get cleaned and recover. He put me in the clean sheets.

“Are you okay?” he asked but I couldn’t open my eyes.

“You didn’t tell me it would be that bad,” I panted.

“I’m sorry,” he said. “If I had told you, it would’ve been worse. The pain will pass, I promise.”

I yawned. “That was exhausting.”

I felt him get comfortable beside me. He put his arm on my bare stomach. The blanket was too heavy for me; I felt like I had a fever.

“It’ll pass,” he repeated when I winced.

I nodded, starting to fall asleep.

“Hey, Zion?” I said.

“Yeah?”

I managed to open my eyes and reach up to him.

“I’m falling in love with you.”

He grinned and kissed me passionately.

“I love you, Aviel. Sleep now.”

“I don’t want to,” I mumbled but my eyes were closing.

He chuckled, putting his head on the same pillow as mine.

“It’s okay,” he said. “You can sleep.”

“Will you be here when I wake up?”

He kissed me again. “I’ll always be here,” he whispered into my lips and I let sleep overtake me.

~-~

Thousands of miles away, Lebanon sat up in his bed. He looked around, frowning, and his wife rubbed her eyes.

“What is it?” Eavana asked around a yawn.

He chuckled. “It’s Zion.”

“Is he okay?” she asked, sitting up.

He kissed her lightly. “He’s better than okay. He’s consummated their union. We can begin.”

She looked a little upset. “We can’t give them a few days to themselves?”

He got out of bed, now fully awake. He dressed and she did the same, still yawning a little, and put a hand on her large stomach. The only one who knew of the coming child was their oldest son, Tomas. They were waiting until they traveled to see Zion and his wife to announce it to their youngest children.

“By the time we get there they’ll have had time,” he said. “Now that she’s been turned, it’s time to go to the next phase.”

Eavana nodded. “If you’re certain.”

“I am. Now come. We have a daughter-in-law to meet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end to this story. I'm still stranded in Starbucks so I'll start up the sequel now. :)