The Right Fit

Chapter 21

“ma’am” Blakely looked up from her seat to see the flight attendant, the passengers around her, staring at her made her a little uncomfortable. The older woman leaned down eye level with her. “im sorry, but there are a lot of paparazzi waiting for you”

“wh…what?”

“they know you have a layover here” Blakely stared at the older woman and shook her head confused

“Harry isn’t with me though”

“they don’t want Harry ma’am, they are here for you”

“give me a second?”

“yes ma’am” Blakely turned her phone on and looked around to see he on lookers slowly getting off the plane. She waited as multiple text messages came in from Harry.

Harry- I miss you already

Harry- I love you

Harry- I am so sorry, paparazzi know you are arriving in London, they have already taken over the airport. Im getting security there ASAP

Harry- CALL ME

“excuse me” she said pressing send, the flight attendant nodded her head and sat in the seat across the aisle

“babe”

“Harry”

“where are you?”

“still on the plane, I was stopped from getting off”

“William is there with security. He is going to stay with you until you get on your next flight”

“Harry”

“please Blake, don’t fight this. I can’t be there and Wills was the one to offer”

“he was?”

“yeah”

“what do I do?”

“as soon as you get off the plane, you should see Scotty and a few others, they will lead to a room where William is”

“ok”

“call me once you get there”

“ok”

“I love you” Blakely smiled and looked around before turning towards the window

“I love you too” she whispered. She stood up and looked at the flight attendant “thank you for the warning”

“yes ma’am” she said with a smile

“Miss Lowry” she heard, she turned to see Scotty standing at the entrance of the plane. “ready?”

“yeah” she said getting her backpack, she took in a deep breath and slowly walked down the aisle. She smiled at Scotty before stepping off the plane. She was quickly surrounded by Securiy and Papparazzi, she could hear Harry in the back of her mind telling her to keep her head down so she wouldn’t be blinded by the flashes, she could see on lookers recording and taking pictures before escorted to a room. Once the door shut, she looked around and saw William standing at the window.

“hey” he said with a smirk

“hi” she said nervously

“I bet you didn’t expect all of this so fast?” he asked with a chuckle

“I didn’t expect it at all, actually” she said with a smile, she sat her backpack down on the couch and looked at the palace security.

“you know, Harry is going to want to give you security fulltime now” Blakely groaned and sat down on the couch, William chuckled and handed her a water bottle before sitting down next to her. She sat up and looked over at him

“was it like this with Kate?” William fixed his suit jacket and nodded his head.

“yeah, she hated it……we broke up over it”

“she broke up with you?”

“no” he chuckled “I broke up with her, I thought I was protecting her. Once I ended it the paps wanted her even more. I was so worried about her, she was going out a lot to prove to me she was ok. I missed her everyday”

“oh? I can’t see you guys ever ending, you are so perfect together” William smiled

“it took a lot for me to get her back, but nothing in life is perfect. We have our arguments just like everyone else. Being Royal means you are far from perfect” he said, she smiled and took another drink.

“where you and Harry close growing up?”

“yeah, we leaned on each other a lot. Growing up Royal…..nothing is hidden and our parents divorce and my mums death took a big toll on us both. Harry was just 13 when she passed, myself being 16. We felt we were all that we had left”

“oh William….”

“I am terrified every day that the same thing that happened to mum will happen to Kate, and I can tell you now that Harry feels the same way about you”

“oh?” she said silently

“I promise though, if you give all of yourself to Harry you wont regret it. Harry is an amazing guy and he has our mums heart of gold” William said with a smile, Blakely smiled and looked at her phone to see her background photo of her and Harry.

“he is pretty special”

“Miss Blakely, it’s time to board your final plane home”

“already?”

“yes ma’am” Scott said, she looked at William before standing up and grabbing her backpack

“I will see you soon? I hope”

“yes…..im not going anywhere” she said with a smile, William smiled and opened his arms for her, she walked into them and hugged him tight

“have a safe flight, and please call Harry when you land”

“I will” she said with a smile, William watched her walk out before taking out his phone and texting ‘Keep Her!’ to his little brother.

-----

She wasn’t sure what time it was, when the plane touched the ground and woke her up, but she sat up in her seat and looked out the window. She was home, a little over a month ago she was excited to see her brother but at the same time she didn’t want to go, now she wanted to be back in Africa, or even England. Wherever Harry was, was where she wanted to be. She watched as people gathered their personal stuff and made a line in the aisle to get off the airplane. She stayed seated, wondering if someone was going to inform her that paparazzi was waiting for her. When that didn’t happen, she stood up and gathered her things. She slowly walked off the plane and smiled at the captain and flight attendants. She followed the crowd the baggage claim and nervously looked around.

“Don’t look so nervous” she heard, she turned and smiled as Susanna stood there with David and Lacey.

“hi” she said fighting back tears. The trio walked to her and hugged her tightly, she chuckled and pulled away to hug them all one at a time.

“You look so sad” Susanna sad, Blakely bit her bottom lip “but at the same time you are glowing”

“you look so happy” Lacey said rolling her eyes at Susanna, Blakely chuckled

“I am….I am” she said with a smile.

“Blake” David said softly, everyone looked over at him “I’m sorry”

“what?”

“I’m sorry for everything, everything I said about your relationship with the Prince”

“SHHHHH!!!!!!” Susanna and Lacey yelled, Blakely blushed and looked around the airport, a few people stopped and stared at the group while Blakely forced a smile.

“David, it’s fine” Blakely said with a smile

“there’s the bags” Susanna said. Once they gathered all of her stuff she put her passport away and followed everyone to David’s car. She climbed in the back with Susanna and turned on her phone.

Harry- I miss you XOXO

Harry- I feel so empty without you next to me

Harry- Please let me know when you arrive, no matter the time.

She smiled and pressed send, she gently placed the phone to her ear and looked at the window, she missed Houston, that was for sure, but for the first time in her life she could give it up and not regret her decision

“hello”

“im sorry to wake you”

“mmm baby, its ok….what time is it?”

“it’s 7:42 at night here, what time is there?” she could hear him moving around and smiled

“its 3:43am” he yawned

“go back to sleep”

“no, I miss you too much, what are you doing?”

“Davis is driving me home right now”

“Is Bailey waiting for you when you get home?” Blakely smiled at the thought of her dog

“yes, I can’t wait to see her”

“I can’t wait to meet her”

“me either” she said with a smile, Susanna nudged her “hold on…yes”

“is that him?” she whispered, Blakely rolled her eyes

“babe, call me when you wake up?”

“of course”

“I miss you”

“I miss you too, get some sleep. Good night”

“good night” he said with a yawn, she chuckled again and hung up the phone.

“what?” Susanna smiled and shook her head

“nothing, your highness”

“shut up”

“So when do we get to meet him?”

“I don’t know….i’m meeting him in Colorado in 3 weeks”

“already got the time off?” Lacey asked

“no, I will call the hospital tomorrow” she said as they pulled into her driveway, she smiled happily seeing Bailey sitting at the window waiting for her. When she stepped out of the car Bailey began to go crazy, jumping on the window and howling “im coming baby girl” she said happily as she ran up the stairs to her front door, she quickly unlocked and opened the door and immediately was engulfed in slobber. She giggled lightly and sat down on the floor to love on her fur baby.

“we have to get going, I have a early doctor appointment in the morning” Lacey said setting the bag down on the floor

“ok” Blakely said standing up to hug her older sister and brother in law

“get some sleep” David said

“I will, thank you for picking me up” she said walking them to the door. She waved and watched them walk down the stairs before closing the door and turning to her best friend who was sitting on the couch waiting for her. “what?”

“I’m just waiting patiently for you to spill on Prince Charming” Blakely chuckled and grabbed her bag. Susanna stood up and grabbed the other bag and walked to the master suite.

“Anna, he is absolutely perfect” she said setting the big suitcase on her bed. She unzipped it and opened it. She giggled and reached into the suitcase, pulling out a elephant stuffed animal she hugged it tightly.

“what?”

“he put this in my suitcase” she said showing the elephant, Susanna smiled and sat down on the bed.

“you’re in love”

“you have no idea” she said taking out her clothes “he treats me like I walk on water”

“that’s good Blake”

“he’s so gentle with me, and protective….it’s frustrating but sexy at the same time” Susanna chuckled

“you know if you would have told me a month ago you would make the Prince of England fall in love with you, I would tell you….you were crazy”

“tell me about it, I feel like this isn’t real, when I’m with him I don’t even realize he is a Prince until the paparazzi find me” she said with a frown

“so they know everything about you now?”

“I don’t know, Harry doesn’t want me reading the papers or internet or anything with my name in it” she said with a shrug. She sat down on the bed and started to pet Bailey “he’s really worried about me living alone, and if I do go visit…my house being left alone” Susanna frowned

“understandable”

“Anna” Blakely said with a smile “have you found a place yet?”

“no, I was just gonna suck it up and re-sign with my apartment complex”

“move in with me”

“what?”

“yeah, I mean we have been best friends since we were kids, we were roommates the first 4 years of college…..” Susanna narrowed her eyes and looked at her best friend “plus you are here all the time anyways” Susanna chuckled

“and it will help ease Harry’s mind”

“you will be saving $900 in rent. I will only charge you $300. My Mortgage is only $600 a month now”

“wow, you are right. When do I move in?” the girls chuckled

“whenever you want” Susanna looked at her watch and frowned

“I guess I should get home, I will stop over tomorrow”

“ok” Blakely said standing up, she hugged her best friend and walked her to the door.

“I’m glad your home” Susanna said with a smile, Blakely forced a smile and watched her best friend walk out of sight.

“Wish I felt the same” she said closing the door, she took in a deep breath and looked around the house “come on girl” Bailey jumped up and stood by her side as she turned off the lights and headed to the master suite. She changed into her PJ’s and crawled into bed. She tossed and turned, and wiped tears away before finally falling asleep. It was going to be a really long 3 weeks, and there was no telling what would come after that.