The Right Fit

Chapter 22

“mom” Blakely yelled walking into the house, she sat her bag down on the counter and placed her car keys inside, she pulled out her phone and smiled at the loving text from Harry. It had been 6 days and she was missing him like crazy. Absolutely thankful for skype and texting, she had talked to Harry every single day and watched him fall asleep on skype every night.

“Blakely?”

“in here mom” she said putting her phone in her bag

“there you are” Marlee said with a smile “wow, look at you” she said stopping to look at her youngest daughter “you look so happy” Blakely blushed and hugged her mom tightly

“I am”

“ready for lunch? I figured we could down to that cute little café on the beach”

“yeah, sounds good”

“let me get my purse and keys and we will go” Blakely nodded and waited for her mom to walk out of sight before sending Harry a text telling him she was going to lunch and wouldn’t be able to have her phone on her. Her parents growing up were very strict about phones at the table. “alright ready?”

“yeah” Blakely said with a smile, she grabbed her bag and followed her out the door

“how is work going since you’ve been back?”

“it’s good actually, I was really nervous about going back but nobody is treating me different so that’s nice” she said with a smile.

“how…how is the long distance going?”

“It’s going pretty good. We talk all the time, skype everyday….I got the time off to meet him in Colorado in 2 weeks so I’m happy about that”

“where do you see this going in the long run?” Blakely looked over at Marlee before looking out the window and biting her lip.

“I don’t really know I guess”

“Blake?”

“hmm?”

“do you think this is it? That he is the one?”

“I…..I don’t know mom, I mean I would like to think that it is but you know how life can change in a split second” she said softly

“don’t think of it like that” Marlee said parking the car, she looked over at Blakely before moving the hair from her face. “If you love him, make it work, no matter the distance, the media, or really what anyone says, and keep your friends close…you might need them” she said with a smile, Blakely smiled “come on let’s eat” Blakely got out of the car and followed her mom to the entrance of the small café, her words replaying over and over in her head.

“mom?”

“yes dear”

“do you mean that? What you said about making it work?”

“when I met you father I was only 17, he was 19 and in the military, it was so hard and we hardly knew each other but we talked every single day and wrote each other letters constantly. It’s easier now days to do long distance than it was back then, but I quickly fell in love with him and I waited for him. I would wait forever to be with him” Blakely smiled and looked down at her hands

“I love him”

“I know you do, I can see it on your face”

“I’m just scared”

“of?”

“the media”

“don’t let them scare you, you know yourself, Harry knows himself and together you know each other, that poor boy has been through hell and back and look at him now…..together you will get through the bad things the media says and I know he will stand by your side BUT….if he doesn’t I will kick his butt and you tell him that” Blakely laughed and nodded her head “I want to meet him, sooner than later”

“I will tell him that” she said with a smile.

With her mom on her side she felt much better than she did previously and she couldn’t wait to get home to talk to him. When she arrived home, she saw Susanna unpacking her stuff in her room. She gave her a wave and walked to her room to take off her shoes and put her bag down.

“you need help?” she asked walking into what use to be a guest room.

“aww no I’m just unpacking my clothes”

“ok, I’m going to call Harry and then take a nap before work”

“ok” Susanna said with a smile, Blakely smiled and walked back to her room.

“hello”

“good afternoon” she said excitedly

“hey”

“what’s wrong?”

“what? nothing”

“you’re lying” Harry chuckled

“you know me so well”

“Harry”

“It’s really nothing dear, I’m tired and being back in London with the time difference is draining and then catching up on my duties” he said taking in a deep breath

“oh”

“yeah, I’m sorry….enough about me….how’s work been?”

“it’s been really good actually, and the paparazzi hasn’t found me yet” she said taking a deep breath, Harry smiled “but everyone at work who knows about us, hasn’t treated me any different”

“babe?”

“yeah?”

“I’ve seen the internet I know the paps have found you, just tell me the truth…..are they following you home, standing outside your house?” she took in a deep breath and bit her lip.

“yes” she said softly, Harry paced the floor of his office and ran his hand through his hair

“babe”

“they haven’t touched me, or got more than like 50 feet from me, I will tell you if it gets worse”

“Promise?”

“I promise”

“good, now what are you doing?”

“laying down, getting ready for my nap, my mom can’t wait to meet you”

“I can’t wait to meet her, and Susanna, and Lacey, and Bailey” Blakely giggled and pet the sleeping dog next to her “I talked to gran about you the other day when we had tea”

“oh?” she said as her heart started racing

“yeah, I think you will be meeting her and granddad sooner than we thought”

“really?”

“yeah” Harry chuckled “William told her nothing but good things about you, and so did my father”

“wow”

“my family loves you”

“can I meet everyone else though, before her…I mean she IS the Queen”

“no, she is my grandmum, but yes sweetheart you can meet Zara and her husband Mike along with their daughter Mia. My oldest cousin Philip and his wife Autumn and their children Savannah and Isla”

“is that everyone?” Harry chuckled

“no, we got Eugenie and Beatrice and Genie’s boyfriend Jack, then sometime later you can meet my aunt and uncles. After that though, you have to meet Gran and Grand”

“ok” she said with a chuckle

“2 weeks babe”

“I can’t wait” she said with a yawn

“go to sleep”

“skype you on the way to work?”

“as long as”

“my hands are on the steering wheel, I know” Harry smiled

“that’s my girl”

“bye babe”

“I love you”

“I love you too” she said hanging up her phone.

“how is she?” Kate asked walking into Harry’s office, Harry turned and smiled at his sister in law

“she is good, I think I’m going to surprise her and show up at her house a few days before we head to Colorado”

“you miss her that much huh?”

“you have no idea” Kate smiled and sat down “what’s up?”

“what’s going on with Wills?”

“what do you mean?” Harry asked leaning on his desk

“he’s been kind of acting distant” Harry narrowed his eyebrows “he hasn’t mentioned anything to you?”

“no, nothing”

“hmm maybe I’m just over reacting” she said with a shrug

“probably” Harry said with a smile “you are heading to Canada soon right?”

“yeah next month with the children”

“speaking of which, I need a uncle day with Georgie”

“take him whenever you want, when do you think Blakely will come visit?”

“I want to try to get her here for my birthday, introduce her to the rest of the family”

“including grandmum and granddad?”

“yeah”

“wow, I didn’t meet them until William and I were together for 5 years, and my parents didn’t meet them until right before the wedding”

“well Blakely won’t be the future Queen, Kate” Kate rolled her eyes

“lucky her”

“what?”

“nothing, I just wanted to stop by and say hey, let me know when you figure out when she is coming”

“ok” Harry said hugging her, he walked her out and shut the door before walking back to his desk to look into flights to Houston.