The Right Fit

Chapter 28

"I need....I just need a minute please" Harry said stopping all of his guards from moving closer to him. Jim took off his baseball cap and held it out to his younger boss. Harry looked at him confused before Jim cleared his throat.

"Take this" Harry's eyes watered when he realized Jim was protecting him by giving him his hat to hide who he was. Kate touched Jim's shoulder as Harry took the hat and placed it on his head.

"Thank you"

"I will come find you if anything changes" Kate added

"please" and with that Harry slipped into the elevator, Kate looked at all the men in front of her before putting a loving arm around Cole.

"Let's get back to your family"

"Ok" he said softly. The Duchess led the group back to the waiting area to see Marlee gone. "Where is mom?" He asked his memaw as he sat down in a chair.

"They let her back to see her" Cole nodded her head and looked over at Susanna who looked exhausted and scared.

"Where did Harry go?" David asked

"He needed a minute, he's outside"

"Alone?"

"Yes" Kate replied with a small smile.

"Do you mind if I go talk to him?" He asked standing up. Jim put his hand up as the others stepped forward.

"Go ahead sir" Jim said softly, David looked at Kate who tried to give him a warm smile.

"Thank you" he said looking at the officers, he took a deep breath and walked down the hallway to the elevators. He wasn't exactly sure where the young Prince could be but he figured the courtyard was the first place he could start. When he opened the door, he saw Harry siting on top of the picnic table with his head on his lap and for a moment he felt bad for the Prince. "Can I sit here?" Harry looked up and couldn't help the stunned look that crossed his face.

"Please, go ahead" David sat down on the bench and took in a deep breath. The Texas sun was going down and luckily for both men it wasn't too hot.

"She's a fighter, you know" Harry stood up and stretched before sitting down on the bench opposite of his girlfriend’s brother in law.

"I know" he said softly

"She will make it, she has so much to live for now" Harry narrowed his eyebrows in confusion

"What do you mean, now?"

"I mean you" Harry chuckled lightly and looked up at the sky. He had been talking to his mum asking her to be with Blakely at this time, to guide her in the right direction, the direction Blake wanted to go in, even if it was possibly the direction nobody else wanted her to go in. "I've known Blake for 15 years, she's a huge part of my life. She's the little sister I never had, and I want to...." He took in a deep breath and looked down at his hands "I want to apologize with how I've treated you"

"David, you don't have to apologize"

"Yes, I do, I've been extremely rude to you and you've done nothing but love her and be nice to me in return. I can see how much you love her" Harry swallowed the lump in his throat.

"I do" he said rubbing his eyes "more than I can put in words" he said with a soft chuckle. "I never want to see my life without her and I would give anything to trade places with her right now so she wouldn't feel the pain I've caused"

"You didn't cause this" the boys heard, they looked up to see Marlee standing there with a hand resting on her chest

"Mom, how is she?" David asked standing up.

"As long as she wakes up tomorrow we will have our Blake back, go see her" she said hugging David, he nodded and looked down at Harry.

"I'm sorry Harry" Harry nodded and gave him a small smile. Marlee sat down next to Harry and took his hand in hers.

"Harry promise me you won't keep blaming yourself for this"

"I can't help it, if it wasn't for my title they wouldn't want every little piece of my life, they wouldn't have been following her"

"No Harry, but Blakely knows what she is doing, my daughter is a fighter, she's stubborn and if she didn't love you....she wouldn't put herself out there for the paparazzi. She would hide away and say she couldn't do it, and that's just not her. My daughter has gone through a lot, more than she should have, more than any parent wants to see their child go through but when I look at her I see strength, I see power, I see love" Marlee said resting her hand on top of his, he looked at the woman's hand and took in a deep breath "it's not her time to go, just like it wasn't her time to go when she was shot but Harry?" He looked over at her with tears in his eyes "if you don't love her like she loves you, if you aren't going to stand by her side through this, if you aren't going to figure something out to protect her here while you are away, then leave. I will think of something to tell her when she wakes up, but go" Harry gulped hard and took in a deep breath, he couldn't help the tears now from streaming down his face

"I'm not going anywhere, I love her more than I've ever loved anything and one day I want to marry her" he said, Marlee smiled and slowly stood up. She leaned down and kissed the top of his head.

"And we would be honored to have you in our family, but first you should go see her, then we will all head to my place and get some sleep"

"I can see her?"

"Yes, if you would like"

"YES!!"

"But just a warning, she's really banged up and she has a lot of tubes"

"I just need to see her"

"Come on" she said holding out her hand, Harry took it and stood up and together they walked side by side into the hospital.

The elevator ride was quiet, and Harry could see the worry and exhaustion on Marlee's face. When they approached the waiting room, he saw Cole talking to Susanna. Kate standing at the window on the phone, their POs sitting close to where Kate stood, and Lacey and David talking to her grandparents. Cole looked up before dismissing himself from Susanna.

"Would you like to see her?"

"Yeah" he said with a weak nod. He turned and looked at Kate who was now off the phone, she gave him a sad smile before he turned to look back at Cole.

"We will be back" and with that, Cole led Harry down the hall.

"Can I have a minute with her alone?"

"Of course" he said as they stopped by the door. Harry took a deep breath and slowly opened the door, he let it shut behind him before taking in a deep breath and turning. He gasped lightly and leaned on the door. His hands went to his knees as his shoulder sunk and the tears fell like rain down his cheeks. He picked himself up and walked to the chair next to the bed.

"Baby, I'm here" he said softly, as he gently took her bruised hand "I'm not going anywhere I promise" he studied her face and immediately felt sick to his stomach "I'm going to get you your own security and pay for it myself, if you would have told me how bad it was you would already have it! And as soon as you're ready I'm moving you to London. We are going to start our lives together blake, do you hear me? I know you're in there" he rested his head on the bed and sighed "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, I let you down and I promise until my dying day that I will do everything in my power to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. You have to wake up tomorrow when they take you off these machines Blake! you have to come back to me. I need you! I've never needed anyone or anything as much as I need you" he wiped away the tears "we have our whole life in front of us, I want to marry you, and I want you to have my babies"

"I'm sorry sir" he heard, he wiped his eyes and turned to see the nurse at the door "we have to close visiting hours for Ms Lowry, but you can come back at 7am"

"Oh, ok"

"I'm so sorry your highness"

"No, please. It's fine" he said standing up. He looked down and frowned "I love you baby, I will see you tomorrow" he said leaning down to kiss her head softly before standing up and looking over her once more. He looked at the nurse and nodded before walking out of the room.

“you ok?” Cole asked as he softly shut the door behind him, Harry looked at him and took in a deep breath before running his hands through his hair.

“a statement needs to be sent out from the Palace on this, once I get settled in for the night, I need to call my gran and arrange something” Cole nodded his head “your mum…..she won’t mind right?”

“no, I don’t think so” Cole shrugged his shoulders “you could bring it up once we get to her house and see what she says”

“alright, well I am ready to go, the faster we leave the faster we come back”

“let’s go, mom has already left, you guys can follow me” Harry nodded his head and walked to the waiting room to see Kate standing with the guards.

“sir”

“I’m going to ride with Cole, you will follow”

“you need a guard with you” Jim said

“then you can come” Harry said walking towards the elevator, Cole looked at Kate and gave her a small smile before heading to the elevators.