The Right Fit

Chapter 6

Why did you pick that song to sing to soldier?" Harry asked as they got back into the car.

"My dad use to sing it to me" she said with a smile "I was always so scared when he would get deployed, and I don't know....him singing to me always made it better" she said with a smile.

"You were.....absolutely breath taking today" Blakely blushed and shrugged

"It was nothing"

"But it was" she looked over at him "last year we lost 2 babies, Dee and Lawrence where terrified we would lose another this year, and when.....Soldier wouldn't get up you could see the fear in Dee's eyes" he said, she looked in his blue eyes and for a second forgot where she was.

"We're here" Jim said knocking them both back to reality. Blakely turned to the mansion in front of her and narrowed her eyes.

"I....I thought we were camping?"

"We were, but Dee insisted we stay with her" he said with a smile.

"Oh"

"Would you....would you feel more comfortable camping? Cause we can still do that" she smiled and shook her head no

"No this is ok" she said as Jim opened her door. "You just owe me a camping trip" Harry chuckled and watched her exit the vehicle. Mike opened his door and he got out with a smile.

"Harry" a little girl screamed, they both turned to the front door to see a child no older than 5 running down the stairs

"Lane" he said crouching down, Blakely watched as the little girl ran into his arm. He scooped her up and stood up, turning to face Blakely.

"Oh hello there" Blakely said. Lane smiled and rested her head on Harry's shoulder "shy?" Harry chuckled and kissed the little girls head

"Lane can you tell my friend hi?"

"Hi" she said shyly

"This is my friend Blakely, Blake this is the love of my life....Lane" lane giggled and sat up

"Well hello Princess" Blakely said "it's so nice to meet you"

"You too" she said with a wide grin "Harry, she's pretty" Lane tried to whisper, Blakely blushed as Harry smiled.

"That she is"

"There you are" Dee said walking out "come on up, John is out back with the grill" Harry placed a hand on Blakely's lower back

"After you" he said still holding onto Lane

"She doesn't want to let you go" Dee chuckled rubbing the Black hair of her adopted daughter

"I don't mind" Harry said kissing her cheek again, Lane giggled as Harry lightly tickled her

"Lane why don't you go outback and tell daddy and Britt that Harry and Blakely are here while I show them to their rooms"

"Ok mommy" Lane said wiggling out of Harry's grip.

"I put you guys in the rooms next to each other. Jim and Mike will be across the hall" she said. Blakely looked around the log cabin mansion in awe. It reminded her so much of her summer house in Colorado. The house she enjoyed spending time at the most. "Blakely you are right here" Dee said opening the door.

"Thank you"

"You guys share a bathroom, hope you don't mind?" Harry looked at Blakely and smiled

"We don't mind" he said softly to Dee "this is great Dee, thank you...for everything"

"No problem. Get comfortable, take a hot shower. Everyone will start arriving in about a hour"

"Here you are ma'am" Jim said holding out Blakely's bag

"Oh, thank you" she said sweetly

"Harry you are right here" Dee said opening the door on the other side of the bathroom. Harry looked back at Blakely one more time before smiling and following Dee into the room.

After Harry had showered in Mike's room he quickly changed and walked into the kitchen to see Dee making a salad. She looked up and smiled.

"Drink?"

"Yes please" he said sitting down at the bar stool. She turned to the cabinet as Harry played with his blue beaded bracelet that Lane gave him when she was 3.

"Your mum would like her...a lot" Dee said handing over the cup. Harry smiled and looked up "you look happy"

"It's crazy Dee. I don't even know her"

"When you know, you know sweetheart"

"She's so smart, and so amazing in so many ways. I can't drag her into this hell" he said looking at the counter. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, Dee reached over and placed her hand on his. He looked up and forced a small sad smile.

"Harry, your life isn't hell" he chuckled "it's different yes, and I'm not saying to get down on one knee and propose right here right now. I'm saying don't be afraid of what's going on! The chemistry the 2 of you share lights up a room. Everyone can see it, except you guys. Take it slow, get to know each other" she said setting another glass down next to him. He looked at the glass before looking back at Dee, she winked and smiled behind her. "How was your shower?"

"The hot water felt amazing" Blakely said, Harry turned and took in a deep breath. Wow, he thought

"Made you a drink"

"Oh, thank you so much" she said with a smile, she sat next to Harry and smiled at him "you already showered?"

"Yeah, I used Mike's. I didn't want to rush you"

"Blakely" they heard, they looked down to see Lane walking up

"Hi"

"I made this for you" she said, Blakely smiled down at the young girl "it matches Harry's" she said taking her wrist. Harry watched as the sleeve moved up, off the small heart tattoo he didn't know she had. Lane clasped the bracelet and ran her fingers over the ink.

"It's beautiful" she said, Lane looked up and smiled.

"Now your just like Harry" Dee and Harry chuckled as he held up his right arm. Blakely smiled and held up hers.

"There you are" John said walking into the house "guest are arriving"

"Oh good" Dee said with a smile.

"Come on" Harry said to Blakely. She got up, and grabbed her drink, following behind Harry.

"Are they....?"

"Just friends" Dee said with a smile, John smirked and followed his wife outside.