The Right Fit

Chapter 8

"There you are" Blakely turned from washing to dishes to see Harry leaning against the door, drink in hand, smirk on his face. She blushed and turned the water off.

"Were you looking for me?" She asked drying her hands. Harry smiled and chuckled lightly before walking towards the sink.

"I was wondering....." He stopped and looked around, she bit her bottom lip and took in a deep breath, Harry knew how to make her extremely nervous that was for sure.

"Yeah?"

"Before we head back home.....if you wanted to go find soldier?" She smiled and took in a deep breath

"He....he could be anywhere by now" Harry smiled

"But he's not. He's still close to where we let him out"

"How do you know?"

"Lawrence is tracking them"

"Oh?"

"Well?"

"Yes! Yes i would love to say goodbye" she said with a smile. "Thank you!" He took a step towards her, and she wondered if he would kiss her, there with people still around.

"Maybe you can sing to him again" she giggled and looked into his eyes.

"HARRY!!!" he groaned and turned, Britt was standing there looking between the 2 of them.

"And on that note, I'm going to bed" she said to harry, she winked and walked around him "good night" she said walking towards her room, she turned to see harry still watching her with a smirk. She smiled and disappeared behind closed doors.

"Britt"

"You like her don't you?"

"Yes....yes I do"

"You, you just met her"

"I know"

"What does she have that I don't?"

"Britt" he said rubbing his face

"Answer me.....please!" Harry took a deep breath and looked at her.

"You're 17 Britt"

"So?"

"I'm 32" he watched as her face dropped "Blake....she's my age...."

"And?"

"She makes me smile, she gives me butterflies" he said with a shrug "she...she remind me so much of my mum, its almost like my mum sent her to me" he said looking at the counter, he smiled when his mum's image flashed in his head.

"Is she the one?" Harry smiled and leaned on the counter

"One day at a time" he said looking at his watch "but, I need to get to bed" he said touching her shoulder "you will always be a good friend" he said hugging her. When he pulled away, he frowned at the tears in her eyes "you will find someone, I promise" she nodded and hugged him again.

"Be careful" she said

"I will. Have a good night" he said walking off.

The next morning, Harry woke up and showered. He brushed his teeth and changed quickly. He looked in the mirror and already could see the difference in his body language, he wasn't as tense as he normally was and even he could tell by just a glance that he was finally so incredibly happy.

"Good morning" Dee said with a smile

"Morning" he said looking around, Dee chuckled lightly.

"She's outside with John and Lawrence" she said, Harry blushed and walked to the door.

"The prince lives" John said with a chuckle. Harry smiled and looked at Blakley who had Lane in her arms.

"Harry" she said excitedly. Blakely put her down and watched her run to him. He smiled and picked her up "I missed you"

"You did?" He chuckled

"Yes silly" Harry kissed the top of her head and winked at Blakely

"What are you guys doing?"

"Tracking the elephants" Lawrence said

"Oh where is Soldier?"

"About 16 km northeast"

"10 miles?" She asked, Harry stood next to her and smiled.

"Yes" John said

"We are going to see if we can find him before we head into town" Harry said with a grin.

"You be careful out there, we don't know how the bulls will react" John said

"If you don't mind I'll go with you" Lawrence said. Harry looked over at Blakely who shrugged with a smile

"Yeah, sure" he said

"Great. I'll go get the stuff ready"

"I will go pack up" she said following Lawrence in the house.

Within 30 minutes, Harry and Blakley were telling everyone goodbye, while Jim and Mike put their stuff in the car. Dee hugged Harry extra longer and extra tighter and with loving words sent him off towards Blakely. Jim opened the door to let her in the car and smiled at Harry. Harry smiled back and climbed in behind her.

"How much longer?" He asked looking up from his iPhone. Blakely turned from the widow and looked at Harry whose attitude shifted since being in the car. He had been furiously texting away on his iphone so she could only assume it was work.

"About 5 minutes your royal highness" the driver said

"Thank you" Harry replied. Your Royal Highness. She looked over at him again and took in a deep breath. As normal as he seemed, behind it all he was still a Prince. The Prince she grew up hearing all about. and yet, she was next to him. In Africa, and he had kissed her. "What are you thinking about?" He asked with a smirk not looking away from his phone.

"What?" She asked turning red

"You're staring at me"

"How do you know? You haven't looked away from your phone" Harry stopped texting and looked at her. She smiled and shrugged.

"I was telling my brother about you" her face fell and she could feel the color drain from her cheeks, the heat rising in her chest.

"What?"

"Yeah, he asked what I was doing"

"Well your not doing me" she said in a matter of factly tone. Harry laughed out loud making Jim smirk. "Don't smirk Jim"

"Sorry ma'am" he said not looking up from his newspaper

"Does he hear all your conversations?" She asked softly

"No ma'am I usually tune them out but since I'm back here with you this time, it's kind of hard" Jim said, Harry smiled and looked at her

"All I said to Wills was that I met a beautiful girl who was incredible smart and talented, and one day hopefully she could meet the family"

"Oh?" He nodded his head and smiled.

"He said he didn't believe me, I must have been dreaming, so I said.....gran would love her" he said pointing to the text on the screen. Her mouth went dry. Gran? As in the queen? No no, maybe Diana's mom. Maybe that's who he calls gran? But harry forgot to mention he told Wills he was head over heels for her. When she saw the text she quickly looked away and smiled out the window.

"Here we are" Jim said opening the door. Blakely stepped out behind him and looked around. Africa was breath taking.

"He's right over here" Lawrence said pointing to the right. Harry smiled and placed his hand on the small of her back.

"Shall we?" She nodded her head and followed Lawrence. They stepped several hundred yards away and looked at the herd in front of them.

"Right there! There he is" she said pointing excitedly

"How do you know that's him?" Harry asked placing his hand on his forehead to protect his eyes

"I can tell by his body language. Look at the other calf, he stays really close to his mom, while soldier tends to wonder off some" she said, Harry looked at the young male in front of him and smiled.

"We have to walk past them to the post, stay quiet and one behind the other" Lawrence said raising his gun

"Harry"

"It's just a tranquilizer, he won't shoot unless he has to" he said squeezing her shoulders lightly "I'll be behind you" he added

"This way" Lawrence said. As they passed the herd Blakely smiled, she couldn't believe the last 24 hours had been real. They froze as one of the bulls started hissing and stomping his feet. Harry could see Blakely tense up and took her hand. "Blakely I need you to slowly start moving towards the post"

"What about you?" She asked turning to Harry

"I'll be ok, I'm right behind you"

"But....but he's mad"

"Jim?" Harry said sternly

"I'm with you" he said taking Blakely by the elbow "come" he said leading her towards the post. Once she got close she ran and climbed the stairs, she turned to look at Harry and Lawrence who were staring down the bull.

"Harry?"

"He will be ok miss"

"That tranquilizer will take 7 minutes, he will get stomped on"

"Mike and Lawrence are with him" he said, she watched for what seemed like forever as Harry made his way towards the post. He ran up the stairs and took her in his arms

"You ok?" He asked cupping her face, she nodded as he leaned down to kiss her. He hugged her tightly before looking at Jim. Jim smiled and gave him a quick nod before ushering everyone into the post and away from them.

"That was.....that was amazing" she said pulling away, still holding onto Harry's shirt she smiled "he was so angry and so, god so beautiful" Harry chuckled

"Yes, that he was" he said pushing his lips on her again

"You know, you really shouldn't kiss me in front of people" she whispered

"Why?"

"Cole will find out"

"Not from these people" he said kissing her again "I seriously can't get enough of you and it's only been 48 hours" she bit her lip and smiled

"We still have weeks"

"God I'm excited"

"Me too" she said with a smile

"Sir, ma'am. Lawrence said that soldier is just a few meters out" Jim said, Harry looked down at Blakely who looked up with a wide smile

"Come on" he said taking her hand.

In awe he watched as soldier made his way closer to the post. He wasn't sure if he was stomping his feet and making noises over excitement to see Blakely or not but it was incredible to watch. He watched as Lawrence, Mike and Jim smiled as well and it made his heart swell. As she reached out to lightly touch Soldier, she turned to look at Harry. He smiled and took out his phone to snap a picture, amazed at how comfortable Soldier was around her. It was that moment he wished his children would have her smile, and heart.

"She's a good one sir" Mike said softly. Not looking away, Harry smiled and nodded his head.

"Jim"

"Ma'am?" Harry watched as his protection officer quickly and comfortably took her in as his own. Protecting her and being there for her. He knew Jim and Mike both liked her and in this moment Harry knew he couldn't let her go. He had known Jim and Mike both since he was a boy and had never seen either of them take to someone so fast, especially Jim.