Status: On-going

Start of a Lifetime

Prologue

Prologue

Standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom of the 41 hotel for the first time that morning. I felt a mixture of feelings one being absolute delight of what was about to happen. And on the other hand, I felt absolutely terrified.

What if we forgot something important, what if I screwed this day up? Only now I realised that I had absolutely no idea of what was to become reality.

As I looked at myself closely I could barely recognise myself. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be standing here with a beautiful white dress, veil, tiara and hair done.

3 years ago I would never have thought that I would be standing here. And all that because I had to step in because my colleague couldn’t lead the expedition to Greenland.

Would I be able to be what they needed me to be? After all, I was marrying into the British Royal family and no conversation with Kate, William, Harry or any other member of the royal family could prepare me for what role I was going to take on. In the end, conversations stay

conversations. having learned the hard way that you only learn a thing by doing them and not from having conversations. things are learned from failing a lot of times just to learn from my mistakes.

A knock at the door interrupted my train of thoughts. “Hey sweetie, you ready” I heard Kate ask when she came into the bathroom. “I don’t know,” I answered, showing my trembling hand. “Hey, What’s wrong? Getting cold feet?” “ No, it’s not that, it’s just I’m scared that I won’t be able to be the person that everybody believes I’m going to be,” I answered.

“Oh sweetie, only you can carve your own role in the path that you’re about to take on. But I can safely say with 100% certainty that you will be amazing. And if something bothers you, you can always come to me or will and Harry will be there every step of the way.” She said taking my hands in hers. I looked down at our hands took a deep breath and looked into her eyes. “Okay, I’m ready.”