Status: On-going

Start of a Lifetime

Chapter Twelve

We were done eating our breakfast when Charles came into the room. We all bid him good morning.

When they finished eating breakfast Charles came in with a broad grin on his face.

“So, Zara and Mike will be joining us then,” Charles questioned them, Liv looked over at Harry a bit surprised.

Meeting his cousins was kind of inevitable. But she wasn’t sure if she wanted to meet more people this weekend.

“Yeah, she’ll be bringing George,” William confirmed, sipping his cup of tea.

“Don’t worry about it Love, You’ll like her,” Harry whispered in a reassuring tone. placing his leg on her leg and giving it a small squeeze.

Maybe meeting them wouldn’t be so bad. what was the first that could happen? right?

“So you didn’t tell me you were riding for your charities.” Liv pointed out, looking at both Will and Harry’s shirts. both the symbol of Sentebale and Tusk printed on it.

“I must have slipped my mind, love,” Harry chuckled, leaning in to peck her lips.

“You forgive me?” he asked, pouting his lip and giving me those silly puppy dog eyes.

Both Kate and Liv burst out laughing at the face he was pulling.

“You’re pathetic,” Liv giggled, patting his cheek softly.

“But you love me anyway,” Harry pointed out in a self-assured tone.

“I do, Love,” she replied, with a serious tone. Before leaning up to kiss his lips and rubbing his leg under the table.

“When do you want to leave? Will.” Harry asked turning to his brother as he turned his neck, looking at the old grandmother clock.

“I don’t know, the match starts at 2 P.M. I want to be early so we can meet some of the sponsors. Maybe at 12.30,” he suggested with a shrug of his shoulders as Liv noticed that it was now 11.35.

“I’m going to change then,” Liv announced getting up, squeezing Harry’s shoulder as she passed him in getting up.

“I’ll join you,” Kate commented, getting up as well, after kissing William.

“Would you do my hair? You said you loved doing hair.” Kate asked as we climbed the stairs up to our rooms.

“Sure, what would you like?” Liv asked her, turning her attention back at Kate.

“Carte Blanche" she chuckled, holding out her hands. "and maybe I could help you with yours.“ she suggested as we took a step on the upstairs hallway.

“Why don’t you take your stuff and come to our room?” She suggested nodding her head to the door of Harry and her room.

“Sure, just let me get my things.” Liv agreed, pushing down the lever to her room and pushing it open.

she took the dress still in its protective cover, her wedges and her makeup bag and left the room, to join Kate.

“come in.” resonated through the door as she knocked on the door.

laughing at the scene in front of her she closed the door behind her. Kate was standing in the middle of the room, in her underwear and her dress stuck over her head.

“Don’t laugh, help me. would you?” she started laughing as well which started out in an annoyed huff.

walking over to her she helped her with the dress and pulled it over her head. “I love your dress,” Liv pointed out with a chuckle.

“Thanks"she muttered blankly.

“come on put let go and put your dress, I want to see you in it.” she said, clapping her hands sounding like a giddy school girl.

shaking my head at her enthusiasm, she walked over to the chair, where she had dropped the dress on. pulling down the zipper she took it out of its cover.

It was a gorgeous floral dress and completely Liv’s style in cut and shape. taking off her jeans and top, she pulled the dress on and saw Kate nod in agreement.

“it fits you, amazingly well.” she complimented with a smile on her face. pulling on her wedges, she walked over to Kate standing by the vanity.

she sat down on the chair as Liv started doing her hair, it was an amused moment as she tried to her makeup at the same time.

“I’m ready, You want to take a look,” Liv announced, looking back at her handy work. holding up the hand mirror so she could see what it looked like in the mirror.

“It’s gorgeous, maybe you should quit your job and join me on royal tours.” she suggested, sounding dead serious about it.

“Yeah right.” Liv quipped with a shake of her head. there was no way she would ever quit her job to do Kate’s hair.

“Come on let me help you,” Kate said, having gotten up and pushing me on the chair she had been sitting on earlier.

after ten minutes of comfortable conversation and easy laughter. she announced “Ready,”

“You don’t want to check?” she asked as I stood up and walked up to the floor length mirror. “No, I trust you,” Liv commented, looking at Kate through the mirror.

smiling at herself as she really did wear the dress well. it was a stunning looking dress after all.

“Look at you, already looking like a Duchess,” Kate announced coming to stand at Liv’s shoulder. placing her hand on her shoulder with a confirmative nod.

walking over to the bed in the room, she picked up a pillow and threw it in Kate’s direction.

what Liv hadn’t counted on was that she would duck, the same moment Will opened the door behind her. essentially hitting William with the pillow instead of Kate.

with her mouth gaping she looked over at William. Harry was standing behind him. looking between the three of us, ending his gaze on Will as he burst out laughing. bowed over in laughter and when Kate turned back to me, she started laughing as well.

“I’m so sorry, William. I didn’t mean to hit you, it was meant for your wife here.” Liv explained. Walking up to Liv and nudging her shoulder to which she nearly fell to the side, bowed over in laughter.

“It’s fine, liv. Just so you know, if I were you I would be on the lookout for payback.” He challenged with a raised eyebrow.

I couldn’t help but start to laugh as well as they all stood there. the future king of England laughing his ass off, cause of Liv hitting him with a pillow.

William was the first to compose himself and announced. : "But we should probably leave, if we want to arrive on time and talk with the sponsors."

"You riding with us, or taking another car?” He asked, when Kate and I picked up our clutches, making sure everything was in it. we followed behind Will and Harry.

“You guys leave, We’ll follow in another car,” Harry answered, waiting in the middle of the stairs, letting Kate catch up with Will. as he took her hand in his as he returned back to their room.

When they were alone in their room, he took her by the head and claimed her lips with his in a passionate lock. teasing her lips with his tongue as Liv opened her mouth allowing him to entrance as she moaned a bit. Wrapping her arms around his neck.

“You look stunning, Love. Kate was right, you already look like a Duchess, My Duchess,” he grinned, rubbing his thumb back and forth on her cheek.

She only smiled back at him and kissed his lips again. she did, she was absolutely stunning and dressed up like this. It gave him a small glimpse of how their days could be like when they prepared for an engagement.

if she would always look that stunning, he knew he would have trouble keeping his eyes off her.

“I would love to stay here Love. But your brother’s right, we should indeed leave,” she smiled, taking his hand from her cheek and intertwining their hands.

when they finally got to the garage Kate and Will had already left as Liv turned to Harry: “Which car?” she asked, looking at the row of several cars.

“We’re taking the Audi,” Harry told her as he led her to said car.

“Can I drive?” She asked him when they reached the hood of the car. “Sure Love. Here,” he smiled, she really loved to drive and she was rightfully so. she was a brilliant driver. so he didn’t have to think twice as he handed her the keys when he’d opened the trunk. putting his polo bag inside he got in the passengers seat and sat back.

his hand turned upwards on the armrest, which Liv took as they left the garage.

“Any questions Love.?” he asked her when they were driving on the road. he wanted to make sure since she was doing this, she didn’t have any questions and head in there blindly.

“I don’t know.” she shrugged her shoulders as she concentrated on the road ahead of her.

“Well, just be yourself, don’t talk to the paps. Stay with Kate while I’m away and I’ll introduce you to the people afterwards. Okay?” he told her, hoping that if she stayed with Kate, nothing bad would happen.

“Thanks, Harry, but I think I’ll manage.” she turned to him with a confident smile and nod of her head. she quickly leant over and pecked my lips, before looking at the road again.

If they were going to be this handsy on, at the field, the paps would have a field day.

but he just didn’t care anymore what their opinion was, he loved the women sitting next to him. more than anyone he’d ever loved, before.

they knew something, the rest of the world didn’t. their promise, to marry, spend the rest of their lives together. he couldn’t wait to introduce her to his friends at the polo field and back in London. but he’d already gotten acceptance from his family. his friends would be the easiest after that.

one thing he was certain off. that was that he loved her and that people would as well. she was a role model to young girls and female power in his eyes.

“Where to Harry?” she asked, turning her head to me as they reached a T on the road, bringing me out of my train of thoughts.

“Left,” he instructed her, with a squeeze of her hands.

Ten minutes later they arrived at the field, the paparazzi there. their camera’s flashing as they saw the familiar combo of two cars. one for RPO’s and the royal.

both Harry and Liv had could see them in the distance. their lenses focussed on the Audi they were currently driving onto the field. curious to see who the second person in the car was, seeing as the rumours of him dating had already started again. they could only assume it was his girlfriend.

“Ready Love?” Harry asked when she parked the car and killed the engine. he saw her take a deep breath before she turned to him, squeezing his hand and replied. :“Ready.”

they didn’t know it yet. but in the future, it would always be those words as prepared to get ready to face the world.

taking the keys and storing them in her purse, she opened the door and threw her legs out. she joined Harry extending her hand to him as he reached her, his polo bag in the other hand.

accepting her hand he walked her to the tent where they normally prepared for the game. he followed her gaze towards the paps and joked with a raised eyebrow “Shall we give it to them now.”

turning to him with a cheeky grin she raised her eyebrow in a challenge and he see the playful spark in her eyes. and he decided to go along with it. she’d just challenged him after all.

cupping her cheek in his one hand, he dropped the bag as he pulled her in. Wrapping his other arm around her back, pulling her closer o him.

and everything was forgotten in that moment for both of them. both of them getting lost in the kiss, forgetting where they were, who was around them. all that mattered was each other.

when they got back to reality the first thing they could hear was the clicking of camera’s in the distance as they gave each other a massive grin. nudging each other’s nose, he took her hand back in his and walked ahead, dropping his bag off at the tent.

before walking to the main tent, where Kate and William were grinning at them whilst shaking their heads. Charlotte wiggled in Will’s arms and he placed her on the ground.

to run towards them. Charlotte had always been a bit shyer around Liv then George. But was warming to her in the short space they had known each other.

as she approached the new couple, Harry crouched down, holding open his arms to catch her. but she just ignored him and held out her arms for Liv to pick her up.

handing her handbag to Harry, she crouched down and picked her up, placing her on her hip.

Liv ruffled her hair a bit and gave her a kiss on her crown. “good girl.” she whispered. Harry wrapped his arm around Liv’s back and they continued walking towards the Cambridge’s.

they really were giving them their money today’ Harry thought as he ignored the press at his left.

only in a couple of days, they would realise how much they were worth as they nearly grazed every cover in the world. the moment would be replayed on television over and over again in documentaries, news and books. all of them leading up the couple’s big moments in life.

when they reached Kate and Will, he pointed out: “you really are giving them money today.” his head nodding in the direction of the paps.

“Yeah.” was Harry’s only reply as he nodded his head and shrugged his shoulders.

“And I think that one, in particular. Will have reached the day he has been waiting for, and only he will realise it like he did with us two.” Will explained as Liv gave him a confused look.

“Arthur.” was the only name that came out in unison. nodding her head in understanding she shifted Charlotte on her hip.

It was maybe understandable. he was the one photographer that Liv had always liked so far. And come to love and respect even more in the future. he would become quite an important person to them.

“Come on, I’ll introduce you to some people,” Harry said, nodding his head to the many watchful eyes. Liv handed Charlotte to Kate as she followed behind Harry.

“Do you want to drink something?” he asked heading over to the bar firstly.

“Water, please,” she told him as she took his hand in hers.

“2 club soda’s please.” He asked the bartender.

“Here you go, love.” He said as he handed her the drink, their hands never separating.

she was glad for his support he was giving her. looking around discretely she noticed several celebrities were already there and it wasn’t even time yet.

Liv didn’t even want to imagine how many or who would be there by the end of the game.

“You, okay. Sweetheart?” He asked her, looking down at her as he squeezed her hand.

“I’m fine, Love,” she reassured him, leaning over and pecking his lips quickly.

“I’ll introduce you to one of my best friends Thomas. We went to kindergarten and Eton together and remained friends ever since. He’s also Charlotte’s Godfather.” Harry explained as she saw him looking at a tall looking guy with black hair, a woman beside him.

She was happy that he at least explained who she was about to meet and what they meant to him. She didn’t want to drive a wedge between Harry and his friends.

“We’ll probably go out to dinner, next week. He’s asked me, I wanted your opinion on the matter, before confirming.” Harry told me, looking down at me with a small smile on his lips.

“Sure.“ Liv breathed walking beside him. "When do you want to go out?” she asked him.

“We’ll figure something out.” Was his only reply as they approached the couple.

"The woman with him is his wife Melissa, she’s a tennis coach.” He finished explained as they were a few feet away.

“Hey, mate,” Harry said losing my hand and giving him a manly hug.

“Hey, Melissa.” He said, greeting her with a kiss on her cheek.

“I want you to meet my girlfriend: Liv.” He said turning back to her giving her a reassuring smile as his hand came to rest at the small of her back.

“Hello, Liv, It’s good to finally put a face to the person I have heard so much about,” Thomas commented, nodding his head in Harry’s direction as he shook my hand.

“This is my wife: Melissa.” He turned back to her.

“Hello.” She greeted, taking a step closer to Liv and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “It’s nice to meet you,” she noted.

“So, congratulations on the expedition, you both,” Thomas grinned between the two of them.

“Thanks,” they answered with a grin. Thinking about the thing that had essentially brought them together.

“So did you manage to keep him in line?” Thomas joked, nodding his head in Harry’s direction.

“I did"Liv noted in a teasing tone as she looked back at Harry. "although he was a handful, I managed to keep him on a short leash.” she added turning a cheeky grin in Harry’s direction.

and with that, the ice was broken between the four of them. The atmosphere still felt a bit cold for Liv, but she hoped it would warm as they got to know each other more.

Harry led me to where Kate was sitting before he disappeared and started warming up for the game.

“I see you’ve met Thomas and Melissa.” Kate pointed out, sitting on the blanket by the field, Charlotte trying to run off.

“Yeah, I did,”Liv admitted, looking across the field where she could see Harry.

“Charlotte seems to be getting used to you.” She said motioning to her daughter now sat in Liv’s lap, no longer trying to run off.

“It seems that way.” Liv chuckled, looking down at the little girl with a small smile as she pulled her hand through her hair.

everyone who tuned their ears could hear the clicking of the cameras in the background. Liv turned her head in their direction, maybe not a smart move. they could see her face and from there it was only a short step. to put two and two together from the guide having led the expedition Harry was part off.

“Just pretend they’re not there,” Kate advised the young women who’s shoulders had gotten a bit less relaxed.

“I’ll try.“ Liv sighed, looking back at Kate. "Tell me are Thomas and Melissa always this cold, distant.” Liv inquired, she was never a person to beat around the bush. when it was shorter to take a straight path, instead of walking around something. something she always took to heart in everything she did.

some people didn’t like her because of it. they thought she was arrogant and sometimes brash in outing her opinion. But that was who she was. If she didn’t like something or someone you didn’t always notice, she was good at hiding stuff like that. but once it became too much, well.

the one’s who’d gotten her at that moment. let’s say that Liv wasn’t their favourite person. just cause she didn’t mind pointing out the truth to some others were scared off.

“They are in the beginning. In the beginning, they were with me as well. Although I didn’t realise until afterwards. But you seem to have a knack for reading people and situations.” she pointed out with a raised eyebrow and a smirk on her face.

“It comes with the job description.” Liv pointed out with a chuckle. it was just something that came naturally to her. reading people just from their body language and expressions. It even applied to situations.

“Anyway.” Kate chuckled shaking her head a bit.

“when I met Thomas for the first time, he was behaving the same way as he is doing now. You have to know Liv, you’re a newcomer in our circle, a very tight, loyal circle,” she explained, wanting Liv to know the importance of the small group of friends they let in.

“They don’t know you yet, they don’t know who you are, they’ll grow on you like they did with me,” Kate assured her giving a small squeeze in the women’s arm encircling her daughter.

“I mean I trust you and that barely happens that fast with me. You have to realise Liv, these guys. The friends of William and Harry have known them for ages, went to school with them. They are very protective of them.” Kate explained and she could see in her eyes that she understood the magnificence of their friends. how important they were.

“Okay,” Liv breathed. understanding the dynamics of this close group of friends. she understood the importance with good friends. god did she know it and it made her feel even sorrier that she wasn’t with them? but one thing that her close group of friends had always understood was each other.

they understood each other more than anyone else. the dynamics of their group was sometimes complicated by others. But to them, it made complete sense.

just cause they understood each other. understood their needs and dreams.

looking back on the field it seemed that more and more people were arriving, some of which Liv admired and knew.

gazing at the spot where the Whales brothers were warming up, she smiled softly looking at Harry. she couldn’t hide how happy he made her.

“How did you do it?” Liv suddenly asked, turning back to Kate.

“What do you mean?” Kate asked a confused look on her face as she saw the curiousness and determination in the young women’s face to get an answer.

“I mean, I have been Harry’s girlfriend for three weeks now.” she explained, looking back at where Harry was riding.

“I have already met part of his family; saw a glimpse of how luxurious his life is. I mean Kensington Palace: I’ve walked their many times as a guide, but I never saw your homes.” she elaborated with a shake of her head as she saw other celebs arriving.

“Now I look around this field and I see celebs, aristocrats. who’ll probably look down at me once they get to know me.” she guessed, what did she mean to them. she was a nobody in this world. just a plain and simple girl, who was a tour guide and supported her family. A girl who came from less than a privileged life, sometimes having to have every cent. yes, she had moved away from that with a lot of work and determination.

“The paps across the field recording everything we do. you and I both now at whom those cameras are focused on. I know this is Harry’s life but…” she paused, not finding the right words to express herself as she shook her head.

“You’re right, this is Harry’s life.” Kate agreed. nodding her head. As her gaze shifted between the photographers, her husband and back to the young women beside her.

“But I know for sure you can handle it. Don’t get me wrong. ” she paused holding up her hand.

“there’ll be times where you’ll fight no matter how strong your relationship is. The paps, the comments on your life, family, it’ll put a lot of stress on you and your relationship.” she pointed out, hoping she wasn’t scaring her away, that was the last thing she wanted. but she did want to warn the young girl.

“you’ll have to vent out sometimes. I know I did. But in the end, all that matters is that you gain an amazing man out of this. Harry’s the sweetest, caring man I have ever known. and I could go on, but never let those aristocratic bitches get to you, never let the press get to you.” Kate tried to convince her that in the end, all that mattered was that she loved Harry. her brother whom she loved a lot and was very close to.

She wanted him happy and he was now. she’d never seen him this happy and it warmed her heart that he finally was.

“I can only promise to try,” Liv told her, hoping she would be able to keep her promise. but she also knew that good things didn’t always last, no matter how much you worked at it.

“I know you will,” Kate smiled at her and a confirmative nod.

“Can I ask you one more thing?” she asked Kate looking back at her. “ and it’s okay if you don’t want to answer it, but…” she continued after a pause.

“Ask away.” She interrupted the young women’s rambling.

“Harry knows a lot about me, my past, fears. You know a little as well I assume, from what you told me.” Liv commented, tilting her head to the side as she saw Kate nod her head.

“And Harry can be quite the nagger if he wants to know something and I’m okay with that.” she chuckled, wanting to bring a bit more light for the question she was about to ask.

“I need somebody like him, who’ll push my boundaries aside. break down the huge walls I’ve created over the years. I feel like I can tell him anything, I trust him with my life, I would go above and beyond for him if he asked me.” she kept going, her rambling not coming to a stop as Kate nodded for her to continue.

she wanted Kate to know how much he really meant to her. how much she would do for him.

“But I can’t help but feel, that he doesn’t feel the same.” she told her, looking up at Kate.

“It’s not like I want to nag him on the subject, I know some things are hard for him. But I want to know about it, so I can be there for him. Just as he is for me. I want to be able to still his fears, let him confide in me, let him cry if he has too.” She told her, wanting her to know that she wasn’t hurt by it, but wanted to help him as much as she could.

“Which subject do you mean?” She questioned, tilting her head at Kate saying like ‘don’t you know.’ both knew all too well what Liv meant by it.

but humouring her, she elaborated: “His mother.”

“Their mother is a very delicate matter to these two. They loved her, adored her. But she was taking away from them.” Kate paused taking a deep breath. she didn’t really like to talk about it either. tell people what Will mostly had told her about his mum. she valued it and cherished it. she knew thing no one in the world knew.

“They had to grieve in front of the entire world. They don’t talk about their mother easily. I can only speak for William, but I’m sure Harry is the same.” she explained, with a shake of her head.

“I’m glad to know, you want to be there for him on this matter. It took Will a while for him to open up about his mother to me, but when he did.” she paused and could see that Liv was looking at her with full attention. she realised Liv wasn’t taking this mildly. she was taking this very serious and meant it when she had said she wanted to be there. For Harry

“Look. I know that Harry has never talked to any of his girlfriends about his mother. he barely talks about it with his friends. The only one he talks with when it concerns his mother is William.” she told her wanting her to know how important their mother still was to them. Even when she wasn’t there anymore.

“and over the years, he started to confide in me.” She informed her off how special it was for them to open up about it, with anyone.

“Look, when William finally opened up and told me about her. You have to realise I know things about her nobody else but Will, Diana and Harry know about.” she paused, looking at the spot where they were warming up.

“and when Harry decides to tell you. There will only be four people alive knowing things about her, nobody else knows. That’s how special she was and still is to them.” She elaborated and Liv understood how rare it was for them to open up about it. that Will and Harry still cherished her memory almost more than anything.

“I wish she was here for them, I would give up my life if it meant she would return,” Liv stated the serious tone in her voice clear as she stared out in front of her. Before turning to Kate and looking her right in the eye.

“You and me both Liv. You and me both.” Kate sighed as they both thought about the person they would never have the chance to meet. "And that’s why I know you’re the right person for Harry,“ Kate commented with a nod of her head.

“I carry her engagement ring in her honour. I’ve never told anyone about this except you now. cause no matter what: the day you get engaged to Harry, they’ll compare you to her. I see you wear a similar one on your finger.” she commented, nodding to the sapphire oval shaped ring surrounded by small stones on my left ring finger.

“whether it’s because of me, or his mother I don’t care. But now this ring.” She said, moving him on her finger as she looked down at her ring.

“It was hers, I’ve received several things from her and you’ll receive many things of her as well.” she pointed out with the tilt of her head.

"As I said before I wear this ring in her honour, but no matter what, I can’t bring back their mother, nobody can. But we can try as you said, be there for them in difficult times.“ she agreed with Liv’s earlier statement, how could she not. it’s been what she had been doing for Will for years.

"And the both of us can try to carry on and continue the legacy she created as an honour to the women they loved,” Kate noted, at least that was what she was trying to do. she didn’t try to be Diana, nobody could. but she could continue some of her work.

“I know, and I’ll try my very best at doing that if Harry does decide to marry me,” Liv promised, yes they had talked about marriage. but that wasn’t a guarantee and she knew that. but if she ended up marrying him she would try to keep her legacy going. support some of the things she believed in.

"We both know, he will,” Kate said full of conviction. she’d seen how he looked at Liv. he would never be this happy with anyone else. and she feared for the moment if they did break up. she could only hope it didn’t happen.

“I can’t bring their mother back. I can’t give him the love only a mother can give, but I can give him the love I have for him as a girlfriend and a maybe as a future wife.” Liv told her, looking back at Kate with a promise in her eye.

“I couldn’t have said it better,” Kate sighed as they looked ahead on the field.

Charlotte was playing with the rings on Liv’s fingers, as she looked up and asked. : "Why’ aren’t you riding. Livvy?”

“Yes Livvy, why aren’t you riding and playing polo with your boyfriend?” Harry’s voice made the two women shoot up their heads, followed by Charlotte.

“Shouldn’t you be riding on your horse?” Liv quipped in a matter of fact voice.

“Maybe, but that isn’t the answer I was looking for.” He chuckled, putting his hands on his waist.

“Well love,” she said, looking up at Harry, putting her hand up to block the sun. “Charlotte, I’m not riding cause I don’t have experience with polo. I barely know anything about it,” she answered after looking down at Charlotte.

“Well, I could teach you.” He told me, sitting down next to her and leaning over to peck her lips. his arm pulling her into his body, so she was leaning against him.

“Well, I would love to teach you? Love.” He questioned, leaning down so he could kiss her lips again.

“Yea, right, Harry you do realise, that I only have two weeks left and I have to go back to work, wherever that will be.” Liv reminded him, she didn’t like to think about it, yet. never had she not looked forwards to leaving for an expedition.

but somehow, this time, she wasn’t sure about that anymore. Maybe spending so much time with Harry and basically living in each other’s pockets wasn’t so good.

Maybe they were becoming to depended on each other.

“I know Love. and I’ll be very sad to say goodbye. Do you have any idea, where you might be going?” he asked intertwining their hands over Liv’s shoulder.

William joined them and handed Kate and Liv a glass of champagne and Harry and club soda.

“Thanks,” Liv thanked him as he sat down next to Liv. Charlotte crawling over to him and settling in his lap.

“I don’t know for sure. But when I called Luke yesterday he mentioned something about either South America or New Zealand. I guess I’ll know for sure when I go in the office when I start working.” Liv explained, looking up at Harry.

“Have you done New Zealand before?” Kate asked, looking over at liv, just before Thomas and Melissa joined them and sat down.

“Love, I have to go, we start in five minutes.” He whispered her ear, kissing the side of her head as Liv turned her head and claimed his lips.

Ever since their lovemaking session in the shower that morning. Harry hadn’t been able to keep his hands to himself. he just needed to touch her as much as he could.

Pecking her lips several times, before he gently teased her lips. asking entrance to her mouth, not caring who saw.

"You should go,” Liv told him as they broke apart, giving him a small nudge.

“I should, but that doesn’t mean I want to leave you.” he grumbled as he leant down again and kissed her lips.

“I’ll be fine, I have Kate with me,” Liv told him, rubbing her thumb back and forth on his arm.

“I know, but I don’t want to leave your side.” he pouted, squeezing her in his arms.

“You’re too sweet, Harry.” she smiled, pecking his lips one last time before he got himself up.

leaning down one more tome to give her a quick peck and then he ran off after his brother.

“You two are incorrigible,” Kate stated, shaking her head with an amused look on her face.

“Like your any better.” Liv retorted, nudging Kate’s side.

“Or should I remind you about last night.” Liv threatened with a smile and Kate laughed. “No, no reminding needed.“ She explained with a snort.

The bell announced the start of the game and Liv looked at the field. spotting Harry immediately between the ten players.

‘and men did he look hot’ Liv thought to herself. she’d seen him ride the horse before but she’d always been riding next to him. this time, it was different, though. now she could admire his physique as he threw his mallet. his muscles bulging along the way.

you could see his devotion for the game and the need to win in his movements. the way he was riding, gripping the reigns between turns and slamming the balls. steering the horse with his feet as he took a sharp turn.

the way he was looking right now, made Liv a bit hot and bothered under the collar if she was being honest. and had a thought or two about dragging him to the stables and pushing him against a wall.

Liv had feared that her past would have cause problems with intimacy. but for some reason, it wasn’t a problem with Harry. she felt comfortable around him and it wasn’t a problem at all to be intimate with him.

The thought of making love to him whether it was sweet, caring, passionate love making as we did the first time in Kensington palace. Or animalistic, almost primal fuck off that morning. was making her feel horny and need to feel him inside her once more.

In one thing Harry had been right. he’d definitely unleashed a dragon. But Liv was still treading carefully. one day or another she’d get a flashback or dream and then it would be a breakdown. but for now, she put it in the back of her mind.

“So, I heard you talking before. you’ll start work again in 2 weeks?” Thomas asked and his icy demeanour from before had lessened a bit. It wasn’t much, but the change was there.

“Yes, I do after 5 weeks of spare time,” Liv told him with a nod of her head as she turned to him.

“Are you looking ,forward, to going back?” He asked, sounding really interested.

“Normally, I would be counting down the days until I could start again, but now. I don’t know. Five weeks seems an awfully short time to have a holiday.” she admitted to him.

Kate had left to go get drinks and it was only Liv and Thomas left as Melissa had joined her.

“What do you mean?” he asked, tilting his head to the side in a questioning gaze.

“What I mean is that 4 weeks ago I didn’t have a boyfriend whom I loved.

This was my first time off in a year. I’m almost working, always abroad. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love doing my job as a touring guide. But that means now I’ll be away from Harry, lots of times.“ she explained, not really knowing how to feel about it now.

she wondered why loving someone could suddenly change her views on her travelling and flexible job.

“It seems you love your job very much to work for an entire year without free time,” Thomas noted with a chuckle as he shook his head.

“I do, I love it. It’s something I do wholeheartedly and with passion. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a standard amount of time off between expeditions and tours, To prepare yourself, but then I devote my time to my family.” Liv explained, keeping an eye on Charlotte sitting in front of them.

“Your from Belgium right? Harry told me.” He claimed.

“Yeah, I do. But I hope to become a British citizen soon.” Liv explained, a small smile on her lips.

“So long have you lived here and does your family live here as well?” Thomas asked, intrigue in his voice as he looked at the women having captured his best friend’s heart.

“They do, I bought them a farm down in Effingham. They have lived here for almost two years now. In July, I’ll be living here three years.” Liv told him as she played with her hands leaning on her legs.

“And do you visit Belgium often?” He asked, with a tilt of his head.

“No, I haven’t visited Belgium since I left. My friends from there and I have an understanding that if they want to see me, they come to England. I know that may sound arrogant and rude, but I have my reasons for that and they understand and honour them.” Liv explained, not wanting to explain that to him. for now it was still her secret. she didn’t know how long it would keep that way, though.

that terrified her the most, though. having that secret spilt. she hated it. what would the people she was supposed to lead think of her all of a sudden?

“I like your devotion to life, I mean you said you bought your family a farm, you are very young to be a guide 23 right?” he asked and I nodded.

“Do you have a degree in something?”he asked, getting more and more intrigued by the young women. he could see her devotion and passion for her job through her eyes.

somehow it was there when she looked at his best friend or talked about him. he was happy to finally see his best friend happy, he just hoped she wouldn’t hurt him. cause the way he looked at her was like she was his everything. he couldn’t imagine what it would do to him if he lost her.

it even scared him more knowing that they only knew each other for a few weeks. And had already created such a bond between them. he didn’t really know what to think about it.

he was treating this as careful as possible, but he didn’t want to scare her off for if she really was his future.

he just hoped she was and not some sham, trying to get her few seconds of fame. cause if she was then he wasn’t sure if his best friend would ever recover.

“To some, it may seem I am devoted, but I’m doing what’s right for me. And Yes I have a degree. I graduated with honours in History and minors Art history and geography. “ she told him, bringing him out of his train of thoughts.

looking across the field where Harry and Will were playing, his friends for such a long time already. he noticed that they had switched horses while they were talking.

looking at the tent he could see his wife and Kate talking to Pippa who must have arrived not too long ago. looking back at Liv he saw her looking at Harry, following him across the playing field.

“May I speak freely?” he asked, wanting to be sure about this. he didn’t want to see his friend get hurt.

“Of course,” she breathed, looking at Thomas.

she knew she should have expected a lecture, maybe a warning from his friends. She somehow knew that this would be the one of many to come as well.

so she straightened her back and looked him straight in the eye. she wouldn’t back down, no matter what he said. She didn’t want to give him a reason for doubting her loyalty and love towards Harry.

“I can see in his eyes the love he has for you, the way he stares at you, holds you.” he started as Liv nodded for him to continue.

“I’m happy to see him finally happy, I mean he deserves it after all the heartache he has had. I’ve seen him at his best, worst, and saddest, you name it. I’ve seen him through it all.

Ever since he told me about you I’ve been trying to remember a time where he was this happy in his life. And I have to say I have never seen him this happy.” he pointed out, bringing a small smile to Liv’s lips, she was happy that she could make Harry happy. wasn’t that what a relationship meant after all?

“The look I see in his eyes, I can see your eyes as well. I don’t know you and I have to say. Normally I’m a good judge of character. I have to be, I will always protect them.” He said nodding towards the field where Harry and Will were still playing.

“But somehow, you have your secrets well hidden. I don’t know if that’s a good thing. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. for now.“ he paused, raising his eyebrow to make sure his warning came across.

"But I do warn you, break his heart. Do anything that might break my trust in you and you’ll be sorry.” He finally warned her, the tone in his voice clear and evident for anyone that could have heard.

“Permission to speak freely?” she repeated his question he’d asked before his warning.

“Of course.” he nodded his head, inclining his head, curious to see what she would give away, tell him.

“I don’t really hide what I am, yes I have my secrets, but so does everyone I know. I’m not obligated to show everything I feel.

I don’t show people everything out of the protection of myself. If you really knew what my secrets were, you’d either despise me or pity me. I’m not looking for either one of those.” she said in a tone that left barely any room for interruption or argument. she wasn’t looking for either. she was saying what she thought he needed to hear after his warning.

“Harry is aware of those reasons. And although few people know those reasons, I’m sure that by this time next week, the whole world will know,” she told him in a blank tone.

“Cause you and I both know that they have probably figured out by now. Who I am. They’re probably digging already for some story to print on me. Whether it’s positive or negative they don’t care either way and I’m aware of that.” she told him, pointing out that she knew that what came with dating Harry.

“So I think I’ll keep that secret for a bit longer. hiding what I feel or think is sure to be a talent of necessity in the future. It will sure come in hand if we continue whatever this is between us. I have every intention of staying with him, but we don’t know what the future holds.” she told Thomas with a shake of her head, ending with her head tilted to the side.

“I can promise you one thing, though. That’s that I’ll try my very best to make him happy and continue to make him happy for as long as I live. And as long as he wants me to stand next to him. ” she added making it very clear to him that she wasn’t messing around with this.

“I have no intention of hurting him. Or I wouldn’t be sitting here talking to you, I wouldn’t have become a couple with him. Nor would I have been here in front of the paps.” she told him in a matter of fact tone and it was. she simply wouldn’t be there if she thought this would become nothing between them.

taking the risk of her ‘secret’ getting out for just some fling. she wouldn’t put it to the chance. but so far she believed they had a chance and that was enough for now. enough to take that chance.

when she broke out of her little rambling she noted that Harry and Will’s team were getting the upper hand and smiled. Kate walking back to them with women by her side, Liv identified as Pippa.

“Liv, I want you to meet my sister Pippa,” Kate said, motioning to Pippa as she got up without flashing anything to the paps.

“Hello, Pippa. It’s nice to meet you. I’ve heard and seen a marvellous thing about you.” Liv greeted her extending her hand to the other women.

“It’s nice to meet you as well. I have heard things about you as well from my sister. And saw what you did on the expedition, congratulations by the way.” she commented, taking a step towards Liv and kissed her cheek, before giving her a small hug.

“Thanks,” Liv thanked her with a nod of her head.

“Kate told me you studied History?” Melissa asked, standing at Thomas’s side. “I did,” Liv confirmed looking at the women that had been quite cold before.

“And do you enjoy being a touring guide?” she questioned, her head tilted to the side, but Liv couldn’t help but feel like she was being looked down. like she was less because of her job and maybe who she was.

“I do, I love it very much,” Liv told her in a tone that would convince the biggest of doubters. there was no doubt that Liv loved her job, not to her friends. not to the people she had led across the countries. her love for it was evident in the way she spoke and acted whilst talking and doing it.

“Do you have any other interest or are you allowed to do other jobs as well,” Pippa asked, interfering probably feeling the now uncomfortable atmosphere.

looking over at Pippa she chuckled a little, she could see it. Kate was much like her sister: shy, timid, holding back at least in the beginning. not that she had been that timid when she’d met her but a bit more than Pippa.

And Pippa was much like Liv. : someone who could start a conversation with someone at random. a stranger without knowing anything about them. someone not afraid to speak their mind, talkative, sociable and open.

“Why are you laughing?” Kate asked a smile on her face.

“It reminds me of something, seeing you two together.” Liv pointed out, with a tilt to her raised shoulder.

“Please. Don’t tell me you see the resemblance to the pictures you see or how the magazines are right or any about that shit.” Pippa asked and you could see it would bother her if it did.

Yeah, Pippa was exactly like Liv, she could hide much when she didn’t want to. Liv could see Thomas looking at her with a questioning and watching eyes. reminding her of a hawk watching its prey almost.

“No, nothing of the sort.” Liv immediately replied, waving her hand, like batting something away. "Seeing you together, makes me remind of my own sister. And how similar she is to Kate and I to you Pippa. And I must say I’m a bit jealous too.” Liv explained as she looked between the two sisters.

“What do you mean with reminding me of your sister?” Kate said with a raised eyebrow and Liv felt like it was becoming a downwards spiral.

definitely when Pippa questioned in a demanding tone. :“How are you jealous of us?”

Pippa and Kate were thinking she was jealous of what they had, who they were.

First, Liv turned to Kate wanting to solve the atmosphere surrounding them. “You remind me of my sister, cause she’s like you: at first shy, distant, timid. But once you get to know people it disappears. I’m the opposite much like Pippa here.“ Liv pointed out,nodding her head in Pippa’s direction.

"I’m talkative person. I can start a conversation with a random stranger, not holding back, not afraid to speak my mind.” she elaborated as she smiled between the two sisters.

“Well, I would love to meet your sister,” Pippa nodded her head when Liv finished explaining herself.

Next, she turned to Pippa and explained herself. once again she could feel Thomas watching her. “I’m jealous of you two because you’re so close. Don’t get me wrong, I love my sister and two brothers. They live with my grandparents on the farm in Effingham. But sometimes I wish we were closer. I’m gone a lot that is probably one of the reasons why, but still.” Liv finished explaining herself as she looked ahead a bit, thinking of her own sister.

“MUMMY, AUNTY PIP, AUNTY LIV.” interrupted Liv’s reverie as she turned to the noise, she could see George running up to them.

Liv couldn’t help but giggle as she saw his RPO running after him like a madman. yes, that little guy reminded her of Nathan. they seemed to have an endless amount of energy.

Pippa looked at her and Liv nodded towards the running RPO and a giggle left Pippa’s lips as well. and somehow she got the feeling that the two of them would get along greatly.

Kate crouched down and was hit with a little ball of energy. almost tumbling backwards but managed to keep herself from falling.

everyone around us could hear as Kate asked him how his stay had been at Zara’s if he had missed them and stuff. he replied to her questions, before turning around and walking up to Pippa and Liv.

the both of us crouched down so we were on his eye-level. “Hey, aunty pip.” He said, kissing her cheek and hugging her. before doing the same to Liv.

adding that he wanted to be picked up, so she picked him up and put him on her hip, giving his cheek a kiss.

“Hey, aunty Liv. Will you meet Zara? she’s my godmother.” he said, motioning his finger at blond women standing to a bald man who was holding a little girl.

“Sure, Are you going to introduce me?” Liv asked, pretending to be scared and hiding behind his shoulder. he giggled as he wiggled in my arms for me to walk up to them.

“Zara, This is Liv. She’s my new aunty. She’s Harry’s girlfriend.” He said in a big grown up voice as his one arm was slung around her neck.

walking up to Harry’s cousin with a smile she introduced herself: “Hello, I’m Liv. It’s nice to meet you.” shaking her hand.

“I’m Zara. I’m glad to meet you after hearing about you from my cousin, Kate, and George. This is my husband Mike and my daughter Mia.” She introduced herself as she looked towards her husband and daughter, running a hand through her hair.

“I’m Liv. It’s nice to meet you.” Liv said, extending her hand towards Mike as well.

“Mike, and nice to meet you as well.” He smiled and she immediately felt at ease with them as she extended her hand towards the small Mia. but she hid away in Mike’s shoulder in a shy manner, trying to hide from the new person in the bunch.

George brought her back to his attention by tickling her on the shoulder. turning on his cheeky grin he asked:“Are you going to bathe me again tonight?”

Liv shot her look at Kate and she burst out laughing. digging her fingers on his side, he started wiggling in her arms as she started tickling him.

“You little, cheeky monkey,” she said, continuing with her tickling at his sides. he wiggled himself out of her arms and ran to safety towards Kate, still laughing softly.

“Mommy, why are you laughing at me? Stop laughing,” he said, stomping his foot on the ground.

when she stopped laughing completely, everybody started asking questions what the fuss was about.

Kate started explaining what the little rascal had done during his bathing on Thursday night.

Everybody burst out laughing at the story. But Kate had left out the fact that she had been a victim of her son’s actions as well. turning her grin at Liv as she laughed along with the others at her misery.

a pair of strong arm encircling her waist made her jump up a bit as lips connected to her neck. "it’s me, love.” He whispered, nuzzling her skin.

“Why is everybody laughing Love?” he asked, looking around the bunch.

“Kate just told us what happened during bath time of George,” Thomas answered, chuckles leaving him

“Yeah, that was hilarious.” William agreed as he stood next to Kate, his arm thrown over her shoulders.

“Definitely, when he decided to pour a cup of water over Kate and Liv’s head. After they insulted him of being a little monkey.” Will pointed out, chuckling as well as the group laughed again. Kate and Liv just turned towards each other with a shrug of their shoulders and smiled.

turning around in Harry’s arms she wrapped her own arms around his neck.

“How long do you have before you have to play again?” she asked, playing with the hairs on the back of his neck.

“Five minutes.” He answered. leaning down to peck her lips, pulling her closer to his body, not caring that he was sweaty and full of horse hairs.

when they broke apart he took her hand and led her into their tent where he and his team could sit down.

entering the tent she was startled when his lips immediately connected with hers again. his arms wrapped around her back, pulling her flush against his body.

his tongue nudging her lips apart as he invaded her mouth, their tongues fighting as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

his hands moved towards her bum and pulled her groin against his as he moaned softly.

pulling apart, she leant up to his ear and softly nipped his earlobe, before whispering. :“seeing you like this, all sweaty and rough is making me feel a bit hot. And maybe if you win, I’ll make it worth tonight.”

his breath paused against her skin as he leant to her ear and whispered. : “Love, stop making me horny before I have to ride again. Or I won’t be held accountable for my actions later.”

Now it was Liv’s turn to hitch her breath as she decided to make it bit more interesting. his searing hot kiss had left her wanting for more.

“What would you do, my love?” she whispered, pushing her groin into his as he groaned in her ear softly.

in a thick voice, he whispered: ”I might drag you to the stable and take you against the wall or in the stables.”

to emphasise his words he pulled her closer and against him by her bum, his bulge enough for her to feel.

“Right,” she took a shuddering breath, getting hotter under the collar.

“Cause Love, I’ve been horny again ever since this morning in the shower.” He explained, pushing his hips into hers again.

“Harry, stop making love in there and come out. we have to start playing again,” William could be heard from outside the tent.

Harry groaned in annoyance and adjusted himself and walked outside. His hand intertwined with mine and I couldn’t help but blush at what William had said. cause, after all, it wasn’t that far from the truth.

they noticed that Charles had joined the party as well, whilst they had been in the tent.

Charles walked over to them with a big smile and kissed both their cheeks. God those paps were really having the time of their lives.

During the second time of the match Thomas and Liv talked some more and agreed on a day for dinner plans.

Peter Phillips and his wife Autumn had also joined the expanding group with their kids. The kids were running around and playing, and their parents were chasing behind them. Raising laughter once in a while from the group, definitely from those without kids.

Pippa and Liv had really gotten off to a great start. they were going out to lunch sometime next week. the two of them really had a connection and got along great. Talking about all sorts of things, it seemed they had a lot of common interests. After all, Pippa had travelled a lot as well, doing her sports and all.

“So you never answered my question. What do you love other than your job?” she asked.

“I love a lot of things if I have the time,” Liv answered to yet another question she had received from her curious audience.

“But what does that include?” Pippa asked, really wanting to get to know Liv better. It seemed they shared a lot of common ground.

“I love diving, I have the certificate as a diving instructor. Which means that I could train people to become diving instructors. It’s handy when I have to dive as a guide.“ she explained, tilting her head to either side.

"I love rowing when I can. I’m a bit of a water rat. I love adrenaline: doing skydiving, bungee jumping. I love reading, learning new things. I have a great love for science. I love astronomy, geology; I would probably have studied that if I didn’t have problems with math. ” Liv explained. looking at Pippa as she expressed her love for the things she believed in and was interested in.

“I love riding the horse. I also have a license as event management. So I could if I wanted to become an event planner. I like to be creative and make new things. So yeah, that’s about it.” she chuckled when she came to an end of her things of interest and likes.

“That’s about it, she says.” Pippa said, throwing her head in my direction with a snort. "are you secretly superwomen?” Pippa asked leaning closer to Liv and everyone around them agreed with her.

“No, I just enjoy what I do,” Liv shrugged her shoulders, to her it didn’t need any other explanation. Pippa and Liv talked for a bit longer, before Charles called her over.

“So have you changed your mind?” he asked.

raising her eyebrow at him in confusion, she leant a bit closer.

“About Polo, Would you like to learn it? you could easily ride between them with you talent.” He pointed out, nodding his head in the direction of the playing field.

“I’m sure I could, it’s just I don’t have the time to train for something like this. But I’ll think about it and talk about it with Harry,” she told him, as she contemplated the idea and agreed that that wasn’t the right thing for her to do, right now.

Just then somebody wrapped his arms around her waist. “Hey, Love,” Liv greeted, turning her head to the side. not that she had to know who was hugging her.

turning around in his arms she leant up to peck his lips. , Charles smiled at them and nodded his head. “Congratulations, Love. I guess, I’ll have to give you your present tonight,” Liv pointed out, patting his shoulder.

“Yeah, you should.” He grinned squeezing her bum, not one bit ashamed.

“Why don’t you join me. I’m going to claim my prize at the stage and then I’m going to change for tonight,” he asked her, his head tilted to the side, his arms wrapped around her back.

“Sure,” she answered as she took his hand from her back and turned away. Harry leading the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's the chapter. I hope you've enjoyed it, please leave behind a comment below.

Liv's outfit: https://phff-start-of-a-lifetime.tumblr.com/post/160728739032