Status: On-going

Start of a Lifetime

Chapter Eight

The next morning Liv woke before Harry, her head resting on his chest, as she listened to his heart beating beneath her ear. their legs an intertwined mess.

looking up at his face, she had to admit that he was one of those guys, looking cute while they slept. his eyes closed, his arm slung over his head. his mouth hanging open, the tiniest of snoring noises coming from him.

she still couldn’t believe she was laying down in his arms either. she couldn’t believe that they had the same feelings for each other. having fallen in love just like that. Like it had become as second nature, like breathing.

she thanked her lucky stars that he was still there after what she’d told him last night. on one hand, she hated the fact that he now knew, knew how messed up she was. but on second thought she was relieved it was out in the open. not longer an elephant in the room between them.

a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders like she was breathing a little easier. and he was still there, his one arm slung across her back, resting on her side pulling her closer to his body. keeping her there locked against his body.

And him still being here after everything she told him last night. It was a confirmation that he really was there for her and wouldn’t leave anytime soon.

she knew that he would probably need to talk about it. My friends had each other when they supported me through a rough patch. he didn’t, and I knew my friends confided in each other about it. So I would be okay if he confided in someone, just not half the world.

“Good morning, Love.” she heard him say in his scruffy and sexy morning voice.

“Morning, My love,” she answered a smile gracing her lips as she looked up at him. leaning down he clasped her face and closed his lips over hers.

He was kissing me tenderly, slowly but surely he got more passionate, more greedy. Liv knew she had been ready for more, just never found the guy she trusted, but now in Harry’s arms, she did.

she wanted to take things further with him, but still, she was scared she’d freak out.

she was scared that he didn’t want to make love to her after what she’d told him. after he knew how messed up she was, what she’d been through.

their kiss grew more passionate as time went by, his tongue seeking entrance into her mouth. As his hand pulled her closer against him as he turned on his side.

the atmosphere surrounding them filled with electricity and tension, sexual tension. kissing him back with the same ferocity and passion as he was kissing her.

opening her mouth, allowing him entrance, the tension only intensified as Liv ran her hand over his back. The intensity between them had risen so high that Liv was sure she was melting.

Somehow Harry had gotten onto his elbow and was leaning over liv. His hands caressing her side with his hand, running up and down.

running her hand over his bare shoulder, she felt the goosebumps under her skin. her other hand playing with the hairs on the back of his neck as her other ran down his back, tracing his spine.

his hand on which he was leaning softly running through her hair. the longer the kiss lasted, Liv got more confident in what she was doing and passionate as she kissed him back.

The only reason they broke apart was because of the need for air. Breaking apart their noses rested against each other, their breath fanning each other face.

looking into his eyes she saw the passion and desire in his dilated eyes. His hardened member poking her in her thigh he was laying against.

Liv really wanted to make love to him, he’d gotten her riled up and greedy with his kiss. and she was ready. she wanted that with him.

but for some reason, there was still that undercurrent feeling of being scared. And it wasn’t the time and place for it. in half and hour they had to leave for the airport.

her hand running through his hair, she pulled him closer, claiming his lips again, kissing his lips softly. before pulling back and looking up at him again.

Harry knew he wanted to make love to her, and that she wanted to make love to him. she’d told him last night when they had talked that she was ready for it to happen. that she wanted to make love to him and feel loved while doing it.

he was very much aware of her past. only having been informed of it last night. and he didn’t want to push her. he wanted to give her that feeling she craved.

“As much as I want to make love to you.“ she started, caressing his cheek with her fingertips.

“It shouldn’t happen yet.” she sighed. “ First, I want to get over my fears and secondly, this isn’t the time and place for it. Love” she whispered, but he could see she didn’t want to wait. she’d had gotten the same feeling as he did with their little make-out session.

with an amused growl, he pulled away and rolled onto his back. “God, women. You really know how to make a guy crazy,” he stated, amusement clear in his own voice as he looked at her, turning her head to the side.

she giggled softly at his answer as he ran his hands through his hair. “Ohh, and now you’re laughing at me. Are you?” he questioned, rolling back on his side, grabbing her hip in his hand.

a cheeky grin and look in his eyes, warned liv that she was in for trouble, she tried to shuffle back but his hold in her hip was soft but still strong. with a sudden jump, he attacked her side, hovering over her, his legs keeping her in place. as she tried to fight off her tickling assailant.

“STOP HARRY, PLEASE STOP, PLEASE HARRY STOP.” she shrieked, thrashing her head side to side as she tried to fight him off.

After a little while, he stopped and pulled her on top of him. pushing her hair back and resting his hands on the back of her neck. “You’re right love, this isn’t the right time and place to make love for the first time. When we make love for the first time I want you to be comfortable, not scared, worried. I will make it a really special moment for you, I promise.” He promised, leaning up to kiss her lips again.

"Okay,” she whispered softly looking down at him.

“Come on, we should go down to eat breakfast,” Liv smiled down, running her hands through his hair. she leant down to peck his lips and threw her leg over him and stood up from the bed.

Harry lay there, looking as his girlfriend pulled something from her suitcase and walked into the bathroom.

It was hard for him as well, there wasn’t anything he wanted more than to make love to her.

show her how real intimacy was, what real intimacy was. not what she knew after years of abuse at the hands of her own father.

he wanted to show her what being intimate and close as a couple was and meant. and he would. he would make damn sure she knew, that along with his love for her.

Like she had said last night he craved to have the intimacy a couple in love had. She craved to have that feeling of making love to the person she loved.

And by god, he would give it to her.

he wanted her to feel cherished, loved and everything else she deserved. she was not just a girl. she was the most extraordinary women he’d ever met. she just didn’t realise it herself. but he would make her see it, he would love her like she deserved. that he promised.

with a grunt, he sat up and looked around their room. the room they had shared for the last 7 days, where their relationship as a couple had started. where they had gotten to know each other. where they had spilt their secrets, good and bad to another.

grown stronger together by knowing those secrets. he would always remember that yes Greenland had been the start for them. but they had gotten together in Mystique.

throwing his legs over the side he pushed himself up and started walking in the direction of the bathroom. needing to pee and brush his teeth. just as he was about to enter the bathroom, Liv exited, giving him a soft smile.

when he was done with his morning ablutions. he returned to their bedroom and packed the stuff he hadn’t packed already.

“ready for breakfast?” Liv asked, waiting by the door, she’d been watching him as he packed the last of his stuff. admiring his physique. his broad shoulders, his defined muscles in his back and muscles clear through the shirt he was wearing. he was a great looking man, strong and man in every sense of the word. that far she knew already. but still a big softy.

“absolutely,” he grinned, walking up to his girlfriends, leaning against the wall by the door. “Like what you see, love?” he grinned, taking her extended hand.

“what if I am.” she shrugged her shoulders, not the denying the fact as she pulled the door open. “It’s all your baby,” he whispered, his breath warming the back of her neck as he stepped flush against her back. his scent invading her nostrils.

taking a deep breath to calm herself down, the make out session hadn’t done her attraction to him any good. she wasn’t sure how long she would be able to wait. she was ready for him.

An hour later the five of them, followed by Jim pulled through the entrance of the small airport. a huge contrast with how busy Heathrow was. only around 100 roughly were walking around and if they recognized Harry, no one admitted it.

they quickly walked through the airport, check-in and customs. before they waited to start to board their plane.

Harry would be flying back with Liv and her friends. Daphne, Mia and Jens would board first as Liv and Harry waited until everyone had boarded the plane.

Protocol, sometimes he hated it. Jim had to check the plane first before he’d be allowed to board.

he tried to persuade Liv to go and board with her plan, that he’d join her and her friends when it was time. but she’d been adamant about staying with him, by his side, while they waited.

she’d just ignored the suggestion and told him that if they were indeed a couple. They should act like one and support one another. no matter what.

That had shut him up. she definitely knew how to do that. if someone knew how to handle him, it was Liv. damn, that women, they’d only known each other 7 weeks now and she knew and understood him better. then any of his previous girlfriends or friends.

“Come on love, we’re allowed to board the plane.” She said tugging my hand. she was already standing up and pulled him out of his thoughts. he’d been so distracted by his own thoughts he hadn’t heard Jim tell them the okay.

It was a relatively small plane, but enough people were aboard to look up and see who the last two people on the board were. it wasn’t really customary for everybody to be seated, for then to have three more people board.

a couple of whispers and hidden camera shots ran through the plane as they sat down. but both ignored the mutters and whispers.

After take off he pulled Liv’s feet on his lap, massaging her calf’s softly.

“So, what are your plans for when we get back to the UK,” he asked, leaning his head against the seat as he looked at her.

“unpacking and then go and see my grandparents.“ she said, running her index finger up and down his arm resting on her leg. "After that, I don’t know, I still have three weeks off,” she told him with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Why don’t you come along and meet them.” she suggested with a tilt of her head, looking up at me to meet my gaze.

“You want me to meet your family?” he asked, looking back at her, thinking about the suggestion she’d just made. he’d love to meet her family, see who they were and get to know them. Liv was important to him and in advance so was her family. he wanted them to like him. that’s what got him the most worried.

“Yeah, I would very much like it if you met my family.” she nodded her head, accentuating her statement.

“Then I would love to go with you to your grandparents. When are you going to Effingham?” he asked her, his finger caressing her calf in a similar way like she was doing.

“Probably tomorrow, first I want to get through the laundry and sleep off the jet lag. What will you be doing when we get back?” she asked, relaxing in her seat, her back to the wall of the plane.

“Well, I hope to join my girlfriend to her house.” he grinned. “really. she must be lucky women.” She teased, a wide grin on her lips. “oh, I’m the lucky one with her.” he teased back, his grin mirroring hers.

“after that head home and meet my family and sleep off the jet lag,” he explained. running his finger from her ankle to her knee.

“Well, I guess she could ask you to come in for some coffee and then throw you out.” She said stated, tilting her head to side, amusement clear in her voice.

“Ohh, smooth sweetheart. Very smooth,” he replied with a shake of his head.

“Hey, I never said I wasn’t smooth, Love.” She said. While lightly slapping his cheek before leaning up to kiss his cheek, his beard tickling her lips.

***

When they touched down in London they split their small group. Liv’s friends taking her Range rover, while Liv took a ride from her boyfriend.

“Hey, Can I ask you something?” she asked me, taking his hand in hers and resting it on the armrest between them.

“Of course, you can.”he immediately said, nodding his head. she could ask him anything.

“Don’t you have a drivers license, I mean I never see you drive.” she teased, that grin of hers back in place. “Of course, I have a driver’s license. And I’m not really allowed to drive for some reason,” he replied with a laugh, throwing his head back.

arriving at her place, Harry joined them for a bit, enjoying a cup of tea, before he left her place.

***

When he arrived at Nottingham cottage, he saw his brother sitting on the steps leading to his front door.

“Well, dear brother of mine missed me that much,” he asked his brother with a teasing tone as he walked up to him, giving him a brotherly hug.

“No, I wanted to know how Mystique went.” He replied but both brothers knew they cared about each and were close. they were incredibly close siblings.

“It went marvellously. I mean she did become my girlfriend, we talked a lot and enjoyed our holiday.” Harry told his brother. Opening my front door and letting his brother in, before dropping his bag to the ground by the door.

“ As a matter of fact, I would like your advice on something,” Harry began, following his brother to his kitchen.

Liv had told him it was okay if he wanted to confide in someone, that her friends had each other. but she was okay with him telling someone he trusted. and there was no one he trusted more than his brother.

He wanted his brother what Liv had told him. share it with someone. he wanted his advice on how he could help her the best way possible.

he knew he wanted her more than anything else in his life. he wanted her to become his wife, A Duchess. but that, unfortunately, meant that her past getting out was more than likely.

he knew how ruthless they could be. He’d seen how they had tried to destroy his mother. he still remembered how his mother would cry herself to sleep. him listening by the door, debating if he should go in or not.

He’d seen it again with Kate, but she’d been stronger then his mother had been in dealing with it. but he feared for what they might do to Liv. She was incredibly strong, stronger than anyone he knew.

it could go either way if they brought up her past. sitting down at the kitchen island he told his brother everything his girlfriend had told him.

their conversation lasted more than two hours as they tried to come up with a plan to help Liv as much as they could, for if it ever got out.

He definitely got a new look on Liv, he’d hadn’t even met her and held her high in regard. they promised each other that they would take care of her. Will would take care of her when Harry couldn’t and they wouldn’t need to ask Kate to know she would do the same.

"I get the feeling this is serious,” Will stated, looking at his brother. he’d never seen him like that, so confident about a relationship. so certain about another person he’d barely known. he knew her for 7 weeks and he was happier than he’d ever seen his brother.

This woman had something, he knew it without meeting her.

“It is, more than anything I’ve ever known.” Harry admitted as he said goodbye to his brother. “we’ll be there wherever you need us.” his fist bumped his brothers arm in a brotherly manner.

***

After taking a quick shower, he crawled in bed. just as he was about to put his night lamp off, his phone pinged.

- ‘still want to join me tomorrow while I go to my family.’

- ‘Of course, I want to join you tomorrow. When do you want to leave?’ he replied, looking forward to meeting her family for who she’d done so much.

- ‘I would like to leave around 9 o’clock.’ she sent.

- ‘great, I’ll be at yours at 8.30?’

- ‘That’s great and I’ll be driving. Love :p’

- ‘oh, will you? Sweetheart.”

- ‘I will. Love. I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Sleep well’

- ‘See you tomorrow. Goodnight sweetheart.’

***

Liv woke up the next morning by Autumn literally jumping on her bed like a little kid.

“Look who’s made the front page dear friend.” She yelled out, jumping one more time. before letting herself fall, the bed bouncing and cracking as she did so.

“For crying out loud Autumn, did you have to wake me up like this.” Liv groaned, rolling over, annoyed at being woken up like that. she hated morning, she wasn’t a morning person. and being woken up like that wasn’t doing her morning mood any good.

“And what do you mean with ‘look who’s made the front page’? “ she asked, looking over at her friend who was holding up a copy of OK magazine and the Dailymail.

“Well, it not like they know who you are, but we know cause we were there.” She answered a grin on her face as she handed both things to me.

and there on the front page was : ’ Prince Harry’s new girl.’ there was a picture of us in the ocean kissing each other. a smaller one in a circle from when we boarded the plane our hands locked, it was grainy. but you could recognise Harry’s ginger hair.

Liv realised that this was the beginning. They knew he was dating someone so they would dig and find out soon enough. their expedition had been highly publicized.

It was only a matter of time before they put two and two together and recognised me from the expedition. it hadn’t been a secret that the two of us were close.

and then there was the two piece documentary on the expedition this weekend. yea it was only a matter of time before they knew that the girls were me. The tour guide having led them across Greenland.

“Well, I guess, it won’t be a secret for long e.” Liv said, trying to remain positive. she knew this was coming. but for now, she was okay with it and would deal with it when the time came.

“Come on, Let’s make some breakfast.” Liv stated, throwing her legs over the side, taking her robe. She tied the knot around her waist and started going downstairs.

they had already started preparing breakfast when they were joined by Jens, Mia and Daphne.

Autumn showed them the magazine and they all agreed that it wouldn’t be long.

8.30 was there before anyone had realised it and a phone from the lobby downstairs was heard at the front door.

“Jens, will you get it?” Liv asked as she was preparing the scrambled eggs. “Sure.” she heard him reply as she continued cooking breakfast with Autumn.

“Mia, Daphne. Will you set the table.”she asked them as she saw them lazily leaning against the kitchen island.

“Aren’t you worried about them, about them finding out about your past. I mean you admire Kate Middleton, you know everything about her. So you know how they will be. They’ll try to destroy you with your past.” Autumn asked her friend standing beside her.

she had known Liv for close to ten years know, that along with those knit group. they knew each other inside and out. knew how the others thought and worked, they were a team.

She knew her friend could act in two ways and she didn’t know which one was better or worse.

“Of course, I am” Liv admitted without a breath. "but Harry promised me it would be okay.

And Autumn they can’t destroy a person who’s already destroyed. You know what you guys always say ‘It doesn’t matter how many times I get knocked down. I’ll come back much stronger and fight.

So that’s what I’ll do. Throw me in a pack of wolves and I’ll come back as the leader of the pack. You know me. I would never go down without a fight.” she told them, sure of her statement. how else could she handle this, she’d cross that bridge when they got there.

turning around she came face to face with Harry, giving him a smile, she walked up to him and kissed his lips.

“Hey Love, Have you eaten already?” she asked him when they broke apart, resting her hands on his shoulders. Hoping he hadn’t heard her. so she tried to change the subject.

“Yea, I’ve already eaten, but I wouldn’t mind a cup of tea.” He said with a smile as he leant down to peck my lips again.

“I’ll make you some tea then.” Liv smiled, turning around and walking to the cupboard.

“Liv, I’m sorry they found out about us already.” Harry said, looking down at the magazine and paper laying on the island. Before walking up to his girlfriend and wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Don’t worry about it" Liv shrugged her shoulders. Leaning her head to the side as he rested his head on his shoulder.

“I’ll handle it. We’ll handle it. I know we will.” she answered convinced by his earlier promises and confident in them as a couple.

“Come sit down, you sure you don’t want something to eat. Love.” Liv said, giving his arms a squeeze as she handed him his cup of tea. “Yes, I’m sure sweetheart.” he replied, kissing the side of her neck.

After finishing breakfast with Liv’s friends insisted on cleaning up the mess they’d made. So that she and harry could change and leave to go and see her grandparents.

“Will you wait here or you want to come up?” Liv asked him, looking at him over her shoulder.

“I’ll join you.” Harry smiled, following behind Liv as they climbed the stairs and up to her bedroom.

We didn’t say anything to each other. But it felt like we didn’t need words to feel comfortable around each other. As she gathered her clothes for the day and changed in the bathroom, the door still open.

When Liv had changed they went downstairs, said goodbye to her friends and went down to the garage.

“The security team will follow us in another car. I told them you would drive today.” He stated with a smirk on his face. walking up to my Range Rover, I pushed the button to open the locks as each of us got in on our own side.

“And they trust me to drive with His Royal Highness in the car.” she teased, settling herself behind them driving seat.

“Well, they said you don’t show any sign of danger and you’re not a threat to me.” He answered a grin on his face as he took my hand in his and kissed the back of my hand.

“Well, they haven’t seen me drive, yet.” she chuckled, shrugging her shoulders and throwing him a suggestive look, by raising her eyebrows.

turning the key, the engine started, pushing the gas peddle, I sped out of the underground garage. everyone who knew Liv was aware of her heavy foot.

she was a confident and a brilliant driver. Harry didn’t know that one as he grabbed onto the overhead handle.

Driving fast made her feel alive. Accelerating and being sucked into the seat made her feel alive and in control of the car and everything around her.

“I guess, I’ll give my family a heart attack seeing as I’ll be showing up with you by my side.” she stated, amusement clear in her tone as she sped down the M20.

“I guess we will. You haven’t told them we’re a couple yet, then.” Harry asked, looking to the left at his girlfriend driving her car, passing cars and steering her way between cars.

“No, I haven’t. I talked to them on the phone in Mystique but I haven’t told them yet.” she explained, “well at least not who you are.” she chuckled, squeezing his hand resting on the armrest.

“Well, they’ll be in for a surprise then.” Harry agreed with a nod of his head.

On their way to Liv’s grandparents, they talked all different kinds of stuff. Talking about the things they didn’t know about each other yet.

“Are you doing anything tomorrow and this weekend?” Harry asked Liv.

“No, just doing the laundry and hanging out with my friends. Why?” she asked, looking at him for a second, before looking at the road again.

“Well, William and Kate want to meet you.” he started in a suggestive tone.

“Meaning?” Liv asked, knowing all too well that what it meant, but didn’t want to admit it yet.

“They invited you, or rather us to dinner tomorrow evening?” He said while showing his cheeky grin.

shaking my head at his antics I replied: “No way, no way I’m meeting them.” Liv said she was terrified of meeting them.

It was true, Liv idolised Kate. looked up to her. And always admired her. And meeting her would probably mean embarrassing myself with her big mouth.

she’d act like a babbling fool if she met her.

“Why don’t you want to meet them? I mean, if we’re going to marry in the future you’ll see them all the time and perform Royal duties together.” He said laughing a little in a suggestive manner.

“I’ll embarrass myself with my big mouth,” Liv admitted looking at her boyfriend.

“Will you look at the road, Love? And what do you mean with you’ll embarrass yourself.” Harry ordered with a laugh.

“I already told you that I love Kate, I mean I have always admired her. I was online when they left the hospital with both George and Charlotte. I absolutely love her and know a lot about her. I mean I’ll embarrass myself while meeting her.” she confessed, admitting it out loud, he knew she was a fan of Kate, but not really to which extent.

He threw back his head a laughed.

“Are you laughing at me?” she asked with an accusing tone, her fear taking away the humour in the situation.

“No, No, Not at you.” he shook his head as he looked back at me.

“Then why are you laughing?” she asked him.

“Sweetheart, That doesn’t matter. I mean she is a great woman. And you won’t embarrass yourself.” He told Liv, having faith in her abilities. he knew she wouldn’t mess up. not one bit.

“Fine, I’ll meet them tomorrow.” Liv admitted with a grumble as she continued driving down the motorway.

“Great. And my father wants us to go to Highgrove this weekend so he can meet you. And I already said we would go.” he disclosed.

from the surprise, I pressed the gas peddle, before his hand on my leg, made me lose lift my foot a little.

“Harry, god I hate you right now. I really do.“ she stated, shaking her head, he had to tell her that when she was driving. "It wasn’t enough, I had to meet one future king of England this week. No, you have to introduce me to two future kings of England. What’s going to be next? You’ll say the queen of England wants to meet me.” she questioned him whilst rambling.

“No you don’t hate me, you Love me and you know it, sweetheart.” He said taking my hand in his with a chuckle.

“And yes, my gran wants to meet you as well, but I told her I would introduce you but in time.” he added, looking right at me. ‘god I hated him sometimes.’ she thought to herself.

“How come that your gran already knows about me?” she asked him, surprised to know that The Queen knew about her.

‘How the hell did that happen?’ she asked herself.

“I’m pretty close with her. I called her while you went into town in Mystique and told her that we were a couple. And I told her about you before that. She really wants to meet the person who has captured my heart.” Harry explained, now rambling himself as he squeezed my thigh.

“God, you’re so cliché sometimes. Love.” Liv stated with a shake of her head. he definitely was the cliche person in this relationship.

“I wasn’t until I met you. And you love it anyway.” he stated, throwing me his boyish grin.

“Sure I do.” Liv said, rolling her eyes, her voice dripping with sarcasm. as they arrived at the oak gates off her grandparent’s place.

ticking off the code that would allow them entrance, the gates opened in front of them.

“We’re here.” Liv announced as she started driving down the tree covered lane and up to the house.

Looking over at him she saw him look around the landscape. Oak trees, creating an old feeling surrounding the driveway. through the trees they could see the wooden fence, keeping the horses apart.

and then the Tudorial house came into view, a pond placed in front of the small parking space at the front of the house. Liv passed the side of the house and she drove to the back of the house where a bigger parking space was. surrounded by another pond, a wooden bridge over them on two sides. Leading to the garden on the other side of the pond. a waterfall on either side of the pond as well.

Turning into the parking spots next to the ponds, she saw the car of Jim and Lucas parking next to hers.

“ I still can’t believe you bought presents for my family.” Liv said as she killed the engine and opened her door, still looking at her boyfriend in the passenger’s seat.

“Leave them in the car for now. We’ll get them when we come back for the groceries” She told him, getting out of the car as he joined her to walk inside.

“Well, I want to make a good impression.” He answered and she picked up on his nervous tick, he’d always tighten the muscles in his shoulders and arm. something she had recently picked up.

“You’ll do that anyway. After they get over the shock of seeing you, they’ll love you.” she chuckled, taking his hand in hers and intertwining their hands.

“Sure.” He answered, apparently not convinced as Liv opened the door.

“LIIIVVV!!” Liv heard Nathan scream before being hit by the small ball of energy.

crouching down, she held her arms open and he threw himself into his big sister’s arms, giving her a big hug.

“Hey Nathan, how are you bud? Have you been nice to Gran and Gramps?” Liv asked, looking him over, making sure he was alright.

“Of course, I’m always nice to them.” He said sounding very grown-up and in his usual sassy manner.

“Of course, you are.” she answered, rolling her eyes.

“Who is that?” He asked his sister, nudging her and pointing to Harry.

“This is my friend Harry, You wanna say hello to Harry for me?” Liv asked him, looking up at Harry.

crouching down next to Liv so he was on eye level with the little boy he said: “Hey Nathan, I’m Harry. Can you give me a high five” he held up his palm, hoping her little brother would reply.

he held his hand up in what Liv recognised was his cheeky grin, when he was up to trouble. and high-fived Harry’s hand.

“There you go bud.” Harry smiled, letting go of his hand.

Liv picked him up and went through a doorway. “Hey Gran, Gramps.” She said, giving them a kiss still holding Nathan.

And then her grandfather saw Harry. Seeing the look of surprise and recognition he realised that he had just realised who he was.

Harry could see as he nudged his wife’s side and nodded his head in his direction. she also got the look of recognition on her face.

not really knowing what to do, he stood there, looking at the grandparents of Liv a bit uncomfortable.

“Gran, Gramps this is Harry, my boyfriend.” Liv said, motioning her hand in my direction. throwing me an encouraging smile.

“Harry, these are my grandparents Lilliane and Willy.” she introduced us, looking between her grandparents and him.

taking a step in their direction, reaching out my hand, they both jumped up. "Your Royal Highness.” they both said, starting to bow down.

“Please don’t bow to me. there’s no reason for that. I’m just Harry here.” Harry told them, in what he hoped was a comforting and assuring tone.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr and Mrs Stevens.” He said, shaking their hands.

Next, I stepped forward and gave her grandmother a handshake “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Stevens.”

“Please, Call us Lilliane and Willy and It’s a pleasure to meet you as well.” They said to him with a smile on their faces.

“Where are Jesse and Elize?” Liv asked, looking at her grandparents as they all sat down around the kitchen table.

“Elize joined Jesse on his Football training, I have to leave in half an hour to pick them up.” Her grandfather informed her.

“I’ll go and pick them up,” Liv replied setting Nathan down. “We’ll get the groceries first. Love, will you help me?” She asked looking in his direction.

“Sure.” he followed her outside walking towards her car. “They love you, I can tell.” She said, put a reassuring hand on his arm.

“I don’t know Liv, they seem a bit apprehensive.” he worried, rocking his feet on the ground. he was getting a bit scared. he guesses they would have to get used to the fact of me dating their granddaughter.

Somehow he knew they were worried about the same thing Liv was worried about. The paps finding out about them and ruining them and our lives.

“They need to get used to the fact that I’m dating someone Harry. I mean you’re my first boyfriend and you’re a prince. They love you I can tell just give them some time.” she confessed kissing his lips, playing with the hairs on the back of his neck.

Carrying the grocery bags inside together with Jim while Liv followed behind us carrying the gifts he had bought for her family.

“I brought something for you.” Harry said after putting down the bag on the kitchen island. walking up to Liv he took the flowers from her and walked back to her grandmother.

“Liv told me off your love of orchids, so I bought you these, they’re quite rare. few have these colours,” he explained as he handed her the flowers.

“O my god, these are gorgeous. You shouldn’t have done that.” Lilliane said to him, giving him a kiss on his cheek and giving him a hug.

“For you, I bought a box of red wine. I hope you like it.” Harry said, giving him the box.

“Thanks, Harry, You really shouldn’t have done that.” He said shaking his hand and clapping his shoulder.

“And for you little men, I have a train set of Thomas.” he said, crouching down and giving Nathan his present. When he saw what it was he threw his arms around Harry’s neck.

“thank you, Harry.” He said. “You’re welcome bud.” he smiled, kissing his cheek.

“Harry, I suggest you stay here while I get my brother and sister. We do not need any more attention at the moment.” Liv said to Harry with a chuckle. And as much as he wanted to join her, he knew she was right. So Liv took her handbag and keys and left.

While she left. he was terrified of what her family might say to him, he was alone with them after all.

As it turned out his fear was for nothing. Of course, they asked him questions, grilled him about his intentions.

Warned him of what would happen if he broke her heart. But most of all he saw the love they held for their granddaughter.

They also told him things about her past that Liv hadn’t told him yet. they told him some things from their point of view. How it had been for them during those years, knowing what was going on, but not being able to do about it.

But they were also terrified for Liv what might happen with her because of the press. That the press would hunt her down like they did to his mother and did to Kate.

They were scared they would break her and were sure they would bring up her past as to break her. They were scared of what damage they would do to her, to their family.

Somewhere between our conversations Nathan had crawled into my lap. pulling out his toys from the box he’d bought him and started playing with his new toys.

But the thing most important to him was that they didn’t tell him, he couldn’t date her.

In a matter of fact, they encouraged him to love her, cherish her, for she finally deserved it. And he knew that Liv was right. They had accepted him.

They assured him after telling them of his intentions with her. That Liv would make a great wife, friend, companion and Duchess.

he knew that there was truth in what they said. She might be 23 years old, but she acted beyond her age. She had so much wisdom.

He would even bet on it that she and his grandparents would get along greatly because of it. And she would indeed make a wonderful Duchess.

People would love her for who she was. For what she stood.: strength, wisdom, compassion and intelligence.

he promised them from the bottom of his heart that he would take care of them.

That no harm would come to her. he promised them that he would stand by her side for the rest of his life and that no matter what happened. He would protect her.

After a bit, she arrived with her brother and sister. As her siblings came in after her he could see the shock cross on both of their faces.

standing up with Nathan on his hip, he walked up to Liv. “Harry this is my sister Elize and my brother Jesse.” she introduced me to her sister and another brother. “Jesse, Elize, this is Harry. My boyfriend.” she said, looking at us.

“Hi, Elize, Jesse.” he said, giving them a handshake, looking at them.

“Is it true you live in a palace, I mean you are a prince?” Jesse asked with a cheeky grin

“Jesse!!.” Harry heard in unison from different mouths.

“Jesse, you don’t ask that of Harry, apologise,” Willy ordered getting up and looking down at Jesse.

“Sorry, Prince Harry.” Jesse said with his head turned down.

He gave Nathan to Liv and bend his knees a bit so he could look at Jesse, eye to eye.

“Hey, bud, it’s okay and yes, I do live in a small part of a palace. Maybe you could visit my home sometime. Would you like that?” Harry asked, a reassuring smile on his face.

He looked up with a grin breaking out on his face. “Can I?’ He asked, hopefully.

“Of course, you can.” Harry agreed with a nod of his head.

“That be so cool.” his fist bumped the air.

“ yea it would, wouldn’t it. I also have a present for you. I heard you were a big fan of Narnia. So I brought you the book collection.” Harry said, handing them to him.

After that, he gave Elize her present. A present card for horse supplies.

For the rest of the day, Harry enjoyed myself immensely.

he felt welcome, being welcomed into her family like they hadn’t known anything else.

Like William got along with Kate’s family. This would become his sense and place of normality. his chance at a glimpse of a normal life.

he’d explored the farm as he helped her grandfather feed the animals. Along the way, as he spends some time alone with her grandfather, he listened to the stories he had to tell.

Harry, Liv and her sister went riding with the horses in the afternoon at the same creek and pond they had fallen into. as they shared a giggle remembering what had happened.

Near the evening while Liv and Elize prepared dinner. Harry played some football with her brother Jesse, juggling between Nathan and Jesse. who were fighting for his attention.

Her grandmother showed Harry the flower garden on the property. She even had a little greenhouse for a few tropical plants and flowers. she had told him she kept it for Liv.

because of her love she held for them. he told her some stories of his own mother and her love of flowers.

telling her some stories, that almost nobody knew. his mother was a delicate subject and he did like to talk about her memory, but still. he didn’t with just anybody. he needed to trust the people he told about her and her cherished moment.

He felt amazing knowing he already felt part of this family. yes, he’d had a family, but it wasn’t particularly happy and even know it required certain protocol or requests. Here nothing of that was necessary. he could just be who he was.

when the mess of Dinner had been cleaned up, Liv took me on a walk of the garden. Saying it looked amazing with the small night lights and all.

taking one of the bridges over the pond, reminded him of a Japenese Garden.

showing him the part he hadn’t seen yet. making their way to the hidden rocking chair in a covered archway of foliage. hidden from view and from anyone who could enter the garden.

And they sat down, surrounded by the sounds of chirping crickets and the running water of the nearby stream and waterfall in the pond.

an owl made a sound somewhere not to far away and they relaxed into each other’s bodies.

“They really do love you, Harry. I’m so happy they accept you.” She confessed, breaking the silence that surrounded them.

“I know and I couldn’t be happier about it. I love them too. They really are great. I hope I can come and visit them a lot. I really like them and this place.” he confessed, his arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer towards himself.

leaning down to kiss the top of her head, before he rested his cheek against her head. snuggling against each other.

“Harry, can I ask you something?” Liv asked, playing with his fingers resting on her thigh.

“Of course. Anything.” he breathed, looking down at her, without breaking contact, waiting for her to ask her question.

“you said that you would marry me, that there was no other person for you but me.” she said.

“I did say that and meant every word of it.” he confessed, nodding his head against hers.

“I will make you my wife. I mean I would marry you right now, but that isn’t possible, unfortunately. But yes, I promise to you now that within the next 3 years I will make you my wife and my Duchess.” he promised, squeezing her thigh;

“What would your Dukedom be? What would your titles be?” she asked, a curious tone in her voice.

“Ours love. Our titles.” he said, wanting her to feel like they would be a team, which they would be essential.

“Our titles then?” she muttered, lifting her head, so he had to lift his head as well.

“About the Dukedom, there are several possibilities. There is the possibility of Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Which it will probably be with some other titles.

Or Duke and Duchess of Clarence or Duke and Duchess of Windsor. But what our exact titles will be, I don’t know.

That we’ll find out on the day of our wedding. You will also be called Her Royal Highness Princess Henry. Does that answer your question Love?” he asked, looking down at her, squeezing her hand in his.

“No, my question was. If I do become your wife I wouldn’t be allowed to work anymore would I?” She asked, looking up at me and he kissed her lips before answering.

“No love, you wouldn’t be allowed to work anymore. I’m sorry.” he admitted and he did truly feel sorry. he knew she loved her job. how hard she’d worked for it.

he had spoken with Luke and Conrad before she was revealed to us as the fill-in. and he knew she was well respected for her passion and devotion to the job.

he’d seen how they both adored her as a person and as a tour guide, they couldn’t say a bad word about her.

“I guess it’s okay, but my biggest problem is, I am the guardian of my sibling and I provide for my family here. What would happen with them? Will I still be able to be their guardian? And how do I provide for them then? I do not want my grandparents to work anymore. They deserve better than that.” She said, tears forming in her eyes.

he hated to see her cry. he wanted to see her smile for the rest of his life. not cry, not sad.

“Love I don’t know about the guardianship, I will look into that for you I promise. About your grandparents, I might have an idea for that. But I want to be absolutely sure about it before I promise you something.

But whatever happens, I promise you they won’t have to work, I’ll make sure of that. Okay.” he answered, hoping it would give her some comfort. he couldn’t answer her questions, yet. but he’d do his best so he could answer them when the time came.

leaning down he kissed her lips light and several times, clasping her cheek in his hand.

“okay, I love you, Harry, More than anything.” she sighed against him.

“ooh Liv, I love you too more than words can describe.” he replied giving her a passionate kiss.

When they broke apart, she took a deep breath a snuggled closer into his body.

“Harry, do you want me to switch jobs?” she asked, looking up at him from where she was leaning against his shoulder.

“Why on earth would you do that love? You love what you do.” Harry questioned, not wanting her to stop doing her job, she loved so much. she’d have to give it up when they married.

“I do love what I do, I really do. But guiding across the world also means I’ll be away for several weeks a lot of times. What I mean is that I could ask Luke to only let me guide in Britain and not worldwide.” She suggested her idea.

“Love, I love you very much and yes I would miss you terribly during those weeks. but I do not want you to give up your dream or job for me.

You’ll do that when you marry me. But for now I want you to carry on with what you do best and that is Guide people around the world. Okay Love?” he told her, more convinced about this than anything. he’d seen her enjoy how she could lead the people. seen it on the ice sheet and he could imagine her doing the same elsewhere.

maybe, even more, seeing as she had to lead them through huge cities.

“okay.” She said before kissing him again.

“I think we should go inside and say goodbye.” she suggested, sitting straight.

“Can’t we stay here until tomorrow?” Harry asked her. surprising her.

he knew they didn’t have anything with them. They weren’t prepared to stay the night. But he would love to stay there both for Liv. who didn’t get to spend much time here and for me?

“Harry we don’t have anything with us.” she explained, looking back at me.

“I know, but I really don’t care, it’s not like we stay here for days although I would love that. It’s for one night.” He said,rubbing his hand up and down her thigh.

“I would love to stay here for the night Harry, I don’t get to spend much time here.” she admitted with a happy sight.

“I know Love.” he agreed, caressing her cheek with the back of his hand.

they headed inside not much later with the agreement of staying the night.

After informing his RPO about it, which they didn’t like. Liv called her friends for them not to worry.

We stayed down for a little while longer watching Tv with her family.

when the movie they were watching finished, they all headed upstairs and all them turned in for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's a new chapter. I really hope you like it. please let me know what you think in the comment section below.

Love
K

Liv's outfit as she introduces Harry to her family: https://phff-start-of-a-lifetime.tumblr.com/post/159902523072/liv-introduces-harry-to-her-family