Prescription for Miss Walker

Act 30 - If You Go into the Woods Tonight You Might get a Big Surprise

Pant. Wheeze. Phew. Some of the words I'd use to describe the noises coming out my mouth.

August was like an athlete. His legs carried him easily, he breathed like a professional and rarely took sips of his water. It was no wonder he was that size.

My ponytail swung back and forth behind me, whipping my face every now and then. Such a thing was distracting, so without any process of thought, I put it down to my lack in finesse.

August laughed from beside me, pearly whites showing in full.

"You really are lazy." When I hit him, he just continued, falling into a slower pace to match mine. "Would never have guessed it. Your body is to die for, you know."

I smiled and didn't answer. Mainly because he was lying -- it used to be to die for.

We soon stopped for that promised ice cream. He got mint and double chocolate cookie. My marshmallow and raspberry sauce was clearly superior.

We didn't sit down and instead carried on walking. It was still exercise after all, he couldn't reprimand me there.

"I've seen your friend Madison out by that club we met by the way, although she didn't seem to be interested in any of the women. I take it the girl beside her wasn't a conquest." He pouted. Danielle, I mused.

"She really knows how to pick them." He said it ever so casually, as if the happenings of my ex-best friend was just another topic.

I licked my treat, trying to appear nonchalant.

"Oh yeah? Well, she never was the shy type." I added.

"Yeah, Lydia told me she definitely wasn't." He winked.

I pretended to chuckle when, really, it was something I'd rather not discuss. The next time I talk about Madison I decided it best be coming from her, too.

If we ever would speak again, my mind pointed out.

I tried not to let that bother me and instead focused on something else. Something bigger. Well, at this moment anyway.

"I'm thankful, you know." I blurted, not ready to look up at him yet.

"Why?"

That wasn't the response I expected. I was hearing out for a 'what for' or 'what do you mean'. But, why? Nope, I can definitely say it wasn't what I'd been hearing out for.

"I may have lost one friend, but in her place I got you. You sought me out and you've treated me perfectly." I stopped in my tracks, turning to him finally. He looked down at me with pure affection. "I don't feel like I'm a toad for you to dissect into, or a cadaver. With you, I still feel like me. I'm still alive."

A smile slowly etched itself upon his face, before he buried his face back into his cone.

"I always knew you were more than the girl at the bar."

I laughed with him this time, as we finished our ice creams and continued to talk. Turns out, he owned a toy factory and that's why he was swimming in all sorts of luxuries.

For a man that hadn't yet hit his thirties, that was a solid achievement.

"I didn't go to college." I said, when the tables turned and were on me. We'd discussed education up to this point, where I learned he had a bachelor degree in business and accounting (online dating must be a nightmare for him).

"Why not? Did you drop out of school?"

Oddly enough, I was an average student when I was a teenager. I never got any high qualifications or medals of honor, but I wasn't a loser either. My grades never hit below a C.

I'd been accepted into Edinboro University in Pennsylvania and I wasn't far from paying when mom stole all the money and pissed off.

"I did fine. I just decided not to go."

August's lips pouted in a question he didn't voice. I was grateful towards him once again. So, we set our watches to calculate heartbeats per minute and agreed to come back to the ice cream stall once we hit an average of one hundred and thirty.

I nodded and he set off. I bet it meant he had errands to run and had just forgotten. Either way, I didn't quell on it, as it was none of my business.

I jogged evenly, like I used to do back during track training in school. I kept my breathing steady, in through your nose, out through your mouth. It was a tough feat, but I think I was able to keep it going as I dashed.

I guessed it was exercise like this that was considered extremely therapeutic. After all, the only sounds were of ducks quaking, the laughter of a small child every now and then, and the tap of my feet hitting the ground. It definitely cleared up your mind and I could plainly see why a lot of people preferred it to the gym.

I was nearing closer to the trees, the part of the park that was dark and devoid of life. Nobody knew what it was, but reasons for it to look dead and not the rest of the area was odd.

But I dismissed it here.

At first, it was because I didn't want to think of anything bad (dead trees were not pleasing to me). But then I saw the bright figure of a body I'd come to know very well.

He was deep in concentration with his papers again, pen twirling over and in between his nimble fingers. He didn't wear his lab coat, but he was dressed nice. It meant he was likely on his lunch break.

I stopped in front of him. Ash looked up and our eyes met. All of a sudden things became apparent for us, no words needed.
***

Fuck. Yes.

My face scraped lightly on the bark of the tree, only slightly being held in place by a dominant hand. My torso didn't mind though, as another appendage had slipped its way up there and fondled my right breast, tweaking my nipple.

With our pants by our ankles, Ash's cock thrusting in and out of me with a need I matched, I didn't care if I'd get a rash from all the foliage. I'd gone without him for more than a week now, we both needed this.

He covered my neck in kisses, in a haze as it made way behind my ear. I struck an arm out and clasped what I could of his toned ass, making sure he didn't stop for a second. I'd already came, but he was far from driving all the way home.

Grunting, he slipped out of me to turn me around. I hooked my legs around his waist, as he put his arms under my knees, providing great support. My breasts now fully covered as switching position had dragged my shirt back down, Ash didn't even notice.

His lips claimed my own, movements ceasing to a slower, more steady pace and even his kiss became more passionate than hungry. I withdrew, looking right into his eyes, silently pleading that he finish. His lashes flickered against my chafed skin as he pumped again. I gasped, but didn't remove my gaze. He kept it, like steel, as the familiar burst of hot sticky substance shot up into and filled my core.

We didn't say anything. Didn't pay attention to anything other than the sound of our ragged breathing.

But there was a high-pitched sound that snapped me out of it.

My heart monitor! My beats per second were well over one-hundred and forty. God, any more than that and my palpitations would be considered irregular. It didn't help that I also had a doctor here who knew all about them and would insist upon a trip to his office to dive deeper into the matter.

I quickly slipped my panties and sweatpants back up, prepared to take my leave when Ash halted me.

"When am I seeing you next?" He was still fastening his buckle. Perhaps I could've taken this time to retreat back into the real world.

But, like the idiot I am, I didn't.

"I don't know. Just call me when you have a date in mind."

His eyebrows furrowed. I turned my head away and looked back to the park. Sure enough, I could only slightly make out August by the ice cream vendor, eyes going haywire as they scoured the place.

I went to step closer out of the clearing and into the pedestrians, but Ash was advancing swifter than I thought.

"Shira... did I do something wrong?"

My eyes flashed back to him -- but didn't stayed fixed on his.

"No. Of course not." I bunched my legs together and moved into him. I kissed him briefly, a couple of seconds worth so he could return it, before I smiled softly and made my way out.

I didn't look back to see when he left. I was already with August by the point thoughts began to plague my mind, even as we were discussing my high heart rate and I made up lies that I'd seen a cat (yeah, I'm not keen on those things at all).

Because I'd also lied to my doctor.

And he knew it.

He did. He did do something wrong.