Prescription for Miss Walker

Act 40 - Things are Different

Shira went home half an hour or so after our coupling on my desk. She helped me clean up, was patient when I took her blood pressure and recorded her slow heart rate, then denied me nicely when I asked for an MRI and kissed me a soft goodbye at the door. She obviously didn’t mind remembering other lips had pressed against mine earlier today.

There was also the fact that, since she’d told me about her past with Ben, she really didn’t feel like lingering, or conversing.

I’d stood by my office door, watching her leave. Something was bursting inside of me that I couldn’t place.

Dinner that night wasn’t bad either, not as much as I’d thought it would be. Amy was the ever-gracious host and Shira stayed courteous and humble, two ways she wasn’t used to acting. Being in the same vicinity as two women I was having a relationship with was dreadful, I was waiting on an outburst at any moment that may end my marriage.

Conversation was kept to a minimum, and Amy (upon my insistence) didn’t prompt our guest on why she was refusing treatment. We hadn’t even gotten around to eating at that point yet, as I’d just taken all her things and stored them in the closet.

The scattering of frantic feet sounded against the linoleum floor and I heard Shira gasp in delightful surprise.
I re-joined her as she picked up the white Westie puppy, cuddling her close to her chest.

“Well, hello there gorgeous! Who might you be?”

I laughed. “That’s Charlie. She’s four months.”

Her mint leaf eyes met mine for a second, as she scruffed its head. Then, from out of nowhere, she breathed out a raspy laugh.

It was melodic.

“Well, this makes me look really pathetic.” I sincerely doubt it, I thought. “See when you first mentioned Charlie existed?”

When I raised a quizzical eyebrow, she had to jerk her head away a little so the devil in question couldn’t lick her face. The Westie puppy howled lowly.

“I thought it was your wife.”

I was next to chuckle, although it shook. I was too busy ogling the vision in front of me, wearing a thin red number. The dress was short but not inappropriate, and she looked incredibly gorgeous. No surprise there.

She winked, irises glancing at the closet. I could just make out Amy humming in the kitchen.

Her finger touched my lips, pleading for entry. With a thumping heart, I opened and her flesh grazed along the length of my tongue and out, wetting my bottom lip as her hand caught onto my collar.

Fuck.

“I’m taking Shira a tour of the house!” I called out, just, as the temptress’s mouth covered mine in a hot fever.

Hearing the muffled agreement of my wife, I opened the closet door and groaned when Shira slammed me into the wall. The hangers clanged together, as I was draped in a mixture of cotton and polyester.

She retreated, the light catching her eye, giving it something new.

Leaning down, she kissed my zipper but didn’t journey any further. Instead, her hands came to her legs and I stared in awe as she slowly removed her panties. They matched her dress to the hue.

Grinning like a madman, she pried my mouth back open and stuffed them inside. I could taste her on my teeth and tongue, hot and sticky.

Bending over, she displayed me her ass and moistened pussy, begging me to fuck it hard.

I did. I was more excited than usual, although I couldn’t pinpoint why. My thrusts were far more energetic and if I could, then I’d have gone all night. Finally, it ended when Shira teased me with the pucker of her rear.

I exploded all over her milky skin, to which she didn’t bother wiping, she just pulled her dress down a few inches and turned back toward me, a sneaky grin lingering on her blood-colored lips.

“Thank you, doctor.”

Easing the panties out from between my teeth, her eyes never left mine as she slipped them back on. As she turned the knob on the door, she kissed me softly, more intimately somehow.

When we both entered the lounge, I worried that Amy would be able smell me.

Not of sex, or sweat, or even pheromones, but all that went with it.

If she did, then she didn’t mention it and tea was served; turkey, steamed vegetables and sweet potato. Shira took typical mouse bites, as well as speaking graciously to my wife and listening close to everything mentioned.

It was hard keeping my gaze off her. In the end, I settled for looking between the two and averting my attention to my plate when I worried I may get caught.

As we were clearing the dining table, the doorbell rang. Amy and I exchanged glances, apparently not expecting more guests. Shira’s eyes followed me as I walked past her to the front door.

Opening it up, I was greeted to a face that belonged to none other than Michael. I narrowed my eyes, he knew I had company... so what was he doing here?

Not wanting to catch eavesdropping ears, I joined him outside. It was a nice night tonight, plenty of stars were out and the moon seemed bigger than normal. I knew astrologists had a name for it, I just couldn’t recall what.

“Michael, you do know I’m in the middle of a private dinner, right?” I exclaimed.

But he didn’t care. He pressed his thumb and forefinger to the bridge of his nose and exhaled loudly.

“You invited Shira, didn’t you?”

Ignoring his patronizing tone, I folded my arms across my chest and pretended to give a half-shrug. When, in all truth, I was just trying to avoid answering him.

It didn’t matter, he prattled on anyway.

“You’re being extremely self-destructive here, you do know that, right? You invited her as a way of assessing and comparing the two, how they interact with each other and pinning down who is the better woman. It’s a stupid game you’re playing, Ash. You must stop it. Please, before you can’t back out anymore.”

His tone was pleading, as I scrutinized him from top to bottom. He looked sickly.

“I can’t watch you flush your marriage down the toilet for some... God, I don’t even know what you’re doing.”

I was getting more pissed by the second.

“Who said that you could interfere with my personal life?”

“You did, when you told me all about your affair!” He snapped back. He was livid, unable to keep his balance as he stomped around the place. “You’ve included me in your web of lies, and you expect me to back you up. You’re my friend, Ash, really, but Amy is too. I can’t protect one and lie to the other. You have to make a choice already.”

I peered into the window, looking out for the ladies inside. Shira was still sitting at the table, alone, nibbling on a stalk of celery, kicking a leg back and forth underneath. Clearly, if my wife was trying to make small talk from the kitchen, she wasn’t getting any.

I knew Shira could come off as cold and calculating – but that’s because she was. She’d been through so much in such little time that it’s bound to have left scars. They had burrowed so far in to her skin that human communication was tedious to her, that establishing anything further than friendship was pointless, looking to be destroyed and shattered. Before two days ago, she hadn’t shared with me her past, and I’d been accepting of that. However, now I knew everything.

Now, I completely understood why she was afraid of the world. How it had shaped her into the shell of a woman she was today.

But she’d also opened my mind. I’d been so closed off, following the rule book step by step I never dared to cross outside of the lines. She challenged me more than anyone ever had... made me question everything.

But if I questioned everything, then what did I know?

“It’s been six years. She’s spent each and every single one of them hopelessly in love with you, trusting you with her life.” He sighed, backing off when I continued to stare, trying to keep my breathing even.

It didn’t work. I swallowed down the lump in my throat as everything he said finally began to process itself.

“Pick her, Ash. Choose Amy.”

Incapable of looking away from his retreating figure, I didn’t make my way inside until I could breathe again. I’d had enough second-guessing and trying to work things out, so as soon as I felt better I went back in, the warmth kissing my skin as I did.

Hating what I felt like I’d been forced into (even though I probably should’ve known better, that this is what it was always going to come down to), in a matter of moments, Shira happily agreed to a ride home.