Fly on the Wall.

The Introduction

“There is a cry of outrage this evening as our 45th president elect is named. Sebastian Danvers wins by a landslide. While his supporters are flooding the streets in celebration, the rest of the country wait in fear of what Mister Danvers have planned for the next four years….”

I turn off my TV and a silence washes over my house. I look over at my aging mother and see tears forming in her eyes. A look of pure fear washes over her face. This is a woman that fought for our country, a woman that was on the frontline. My mom doesn’t scare easily but seeing her this shaken is enough to scare me.

After a couple more minutes of pure silence, my mom grabs a hold of my younger sister and pulls her close to her before looking right at me, “Deana, you can't let this man get away with this. You must keep fighting. Your voice, the voice of your peers will be enough to scare him away. As long as you keep fighting for what’s right there will be no way he can win…”


“Deana, progress report?” Bianca says over comms. “Is the target located?” My eyes roll as I scan the crowd, my eyes instantly falling on the person in question. He is feet away from his father and mother.

“Target located but is surrounded by secret service; you sure this’ll work?” I ask. “We don’t have any room for error.”

“Ye of little faith,” Bianca laughs. “Everyone get in position and wait for the signal. Today is the day. Phase one is about to commence...”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

This story is inspired by the shit storm known as the 2016 elections.