How to Save a Life

You Need Never to Feel Broken Again

"Hey Brian, can you pass me the milk please?" Johnny asked. I grabbed it and passed it to him, getting a thanks off the small guy. The day after I met Zacky I went back to the cafe and handed them my CV. I was hired on the spot and now I'd been working here for three months... But I hadn't seen or heard from Zacky since I met him. I texted but he didn't reply. So I asked Johnny if this was normal and he told me that Zacky often disappeared for months on end. It was normal. One day he would be there and the next he would be gone. It was just how Zacky was. I had to admit I wished I could be like that. Zacky gave the impression that he was a free spirit and it made me admire him deeply. The bell rang, making me look up. I was secretly hoping it would be Zacky. Instead it was a tall handsome man with a shaved head and hazel eyes. He was dressed in black and looked intimidating. He glared straight at me, making me gulp.

"So you're the newbie huh?" He practically growled.

"Matt don't be mean to Brian," Johnny ordered, putting a coffee in front of a girl. "Vanilla carmel latte,"

"Thanks," She smiled lightly.

"You're welcome, sweetie," Johnny replied before turning to Matt. "So when did you get back from tour?"

"Tour?" I asked, confused.

"With my band, successful failure... Well ex band now,"

"What?!" Johnny almost screamed. "What the hell happened?"

"Different opinion," Matt shrugged before holding out his hand to me. "Matthew Sanders but my friends call me Matt. You are?"

"Brian Haner," I replied, shaking it. "But my friends call me Brian,"

That made Matt chuckle before he turned to Johnny.

"Zee around?"

"Nope,"

"Any ideas where he is this time?" He asked. I guessed they were talking about Zacky.

"No idea," Johnny replied, shrugging as the door bell rang. "Hi, welcome- oh speak of the devil..."

Zacky grinned before pulling Matt into a hug.

"Ah! Not cool, dude," He grumbles but return the hug never the less. "Went did you get back?"

"Oh about an hour ago," Zacky grinned. I continued working while watching the scene play out. Zacky looked over to me and grinned. "Brian! Are you working here now?"

"Hey... um... yeah...." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck. Zacky grinned before suddenly hugging me.

"Yay," He grinned before turning to Johnny. "Mind if I borrow Brian a moment?"

"Go for it," Johnny replied. Zacky grinned before dragging me outside. I looked at him.

"Um... I texted you...." I mumbled.

"Really? I feel bad now. My phone is somewhere in the Victoria falls..." he frowned. "How are you anyway?"

"I'm... good actually..."

"Good. I'm glad to hear that. I actually came home early to see if I could run into you again..." he blushed as he spoke. I smiled.

"You didn't have to,"

"I know..."

"Umm.... So vic-" he suddenly cut me off by kissing me lightly I'm the lips then quickly pulled away.

"Sorry I just really want to do that..."he