When You Close Your Eyes

97: Your Little Sister

Pushing a hand back through his hair, Lionel allowed a small yawn to fall out of his mouth, his hand moving to splash a little cool water over his face. It had been a long night, with Leia proving to be a little fussy, he and Isabelle had taken it in turns to spend time with her, and whilst he found himself more than a little tired, he hadn’t minded waking up for a second, still more than slightly in awe of Leia.

Smoothing out his hair, he spared a small glance towards mirror before he allowed another soft yawn to fall out of his mouth. Quickly stifling the yawn in his hand, he moved to change his shirt before the sound of someone clearing their throat reached him, causing him to lift his head, looking towards Isabelle who stood in the doorway via the mirror which stood ahead of him. “You’re up” he noted gently “You and Leia were asleep when I came in here. Is everything alright?” he fussed softly as he turned around.

Isabelle smiled a little at his fussing before she nodded her head. “Everything is fine” she mused softly “Leia’s still asleep. I was just wondering where you’d gotten to” she added, stepping a little further into the room.

Lionel offered her a soft look before he shrugged. “You were both asleep” he mused softly “And I figured I would make the most of the break. Did you need something?” he added, a slightly fretful expression on his face.

Isabelle shook her head. “I don’t need anything, Leo” she mused, a grin pulling at the corner of her mouth.

Lionel offered her a dubious look, wordlessly asking if she was sure, something which made Isabelle giggle a little before she stepped towards him, her arms gently wrapping around his neck before she pressed a soft kiss against his lips. Lionel startled a little, slightly caught off guard by the soft kiss, before he leant into it, holding her close for a couple of seconds before he ducked back, offering her a small smile. “You know I love you, don’t you?” he mumbled, his fingers gently tucking a few loose strands of blonde hair off of her face.

Isabelle’s cheeks tinted a soft shade of pink before she nodded her head. “I do” she confirmed softly “And you know that I love you too, right?” she added, offering him an impish smile.

Lionel nodded his head before he ducked into her, stealing a couple of light kisses before the sound of Leia’s cries reached their ears, causing him to duck back. “My turn?” he quipped.

Isabelle quirked a grin before she nodded. “It is” she confirmed.

Lionel spared a playful eye roll before he ducked out of the bathroom, quietly padding towards Leia before he lifted her up, moving to settle her down onto the changing mat that they’d set up at the foot of the bed. Isabelle, who’d moved to rest against the doorframe, watched the two of them for a couple of seconds before she shook her head, a soft smile appearing on her lips as she watched Lionel babble happily to the newborn. She doubted that she would get tired of seeing Lionel and Leia together any time soon.

~#~
“My parents are going to drop by tomorrow morning”

Isabelle, who’d moved to collect Leia’s car seat from the car, lifted her head at the sound of Lionel’s voice before she tilted it, offering him a slightly dubious look. “Tomorrow?” she posed softly.

Lionel nodded his head. “They’re in town for a few days and they figured, with your madre and sister around, they’d give us a little space” he explained softly.

Isabelle shook her head. “They don’t have to do that” she mused softly “I mean, it’ll be a little hectic but I am sure that we can handle it. We did last time” she pointed out gently.

Lionel nodded his head in agreement before he stepped towards her, knotting their fingers together before he offered her hand a soft squeeze. “They don’t mind, Isa” he mused softly “And besides, my madre seemed pretty happy with the picture I sent to her” he added.

Isabelle offered him a slightly dubious look, wordlessly asking if he was certain, before Leia let out a small snuffle, something which pulled the attention of her mother and father down towards her. “We should get her inside” Lionel mused softly.

Isabelle nodded her head in agreement. “Are you sure that we can’t keep her to ourselves for a little longer?” she posed, offering him a playful smile.

Lionel let out a small chuckle before he shook his head. “We should head inside” he noted softly “Besides, I imagine there is another little girl in there who is looking for her mama and papa and I doubt it will be too long before she starts to kick up a fuss” he added.

Isabelle smiled at his words before she offered his hand a soft squeeze, something which caused Lionel to press a kiss against her temple before he led her towards the door, slipping his key into the lock. Knocking the door open, he allowed Isabelle to step ahead of him before he pulled the door closed, affording him the opportunity to catch up with Isabelle before she stepped into the living room. Offering her a light squeeze, he cleared his throat, something which caused Marco, who was sat on the couch, to look up, his eyes surveying his daughter briefly before he flicked attention downwards, his expression softening as his eyes landed on Leia. “Lionel, Belle…she’s stunning” he breathed softly.

“She is, isn’t she?” Isabelle breathed softly, a doting smile on her face.

“Of course she is” Marco mused “She’s your little girl after all” he added kindly.

Lionel smiled a little at the compliment before the sound of footsteps reached his ears, causing him to turn slightly, his dark eyes settling on Francesca who’d stepped into the room, Isla balanced on her hip. “Look who it is, Isla” Francesca mused softly “Is that your mama and papa?” she added, tickling Isla’s side softly.

Isla squirmed a little before she reached her arms out towards Lionel, a small pout on her face. “Papa” she squeaked.

Lionel smiled at the sound of her voice before he moved to lift her into his arms. “Hola, princesa” he mumbled softly “Were you a good girl for nana?” he added, offering a look towards Francesca who nodded her head.

“Of course she was” she confirmed “I mean, she was a little fussy when she woke up and the two of you weren’t around, but aside from that, she was an angel” she added warmly.

Lionel offered her a gentle smile before he moved to settle down on the couch, cooing softly to Isla who grinned up at him.

Marco, who’d moved to push himself up to his feet, shared a look with his wife, before he shook his head. “We’re going to leave you to it” he announced.

Isabelle, who’d been checking on Leia, lifted her head. “You don’t have to do that” she mused.

“We know” Francesca noted “But I think you two would benefit from a little time alone with your two girls. We’ll be back tomorrow, but maybe, the rest of today ought to be about the 4 of you, no?” she added softly.

Isabelle mulled her words over for a couple of seconds before she nodded her head, something which made Francesca step towards her, pressing a light kiss against her head. “Congratulations you two” she mused, flashing a quick smile towards Lionel before she padded back towards her husband, following him out of the room.

Lionel watched the older couple out of the room for a second before he felt the couch shift beside him, something which caused him to flick his attention towards Isabelle, offering her a small smile before Isla tugged on the collar of his t-shirt, causing him to smile. “We have someone we’d like you to meet, Lala” he mused, carefully shifting her a little closer to Leia who snoozed happily in Isabelle’s arms.

Isla frowned. “Papa” she squeaked.

“This is Leia” he breathed softly “Your little sister” he added gently.

Isla stared at Leia for a second, watching the baby sleep, before she shook her head, moving to hide her face in her father’s shoulder, a sight which made Lionel chuckle softly
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)