Sealed With a Howl

chapter 12

Roses POV:
"No George! Just, please, just accept it! I dont love you anymore. Im sorry" I said as tears poured down my face.
"Who is it" George asked, raising his voice.
"What.. what do you mean?" I stuttered.
"WHO IS IT THAT YOU LOVE? WHO IS IT THAT YOU WANT TO LEAVE ME FOR??" He shouted, grabbing my robes and pulling out his wand.
"I-I wont tell you" I cried.
"So there is someone tell me who it is and I.. I promise I wont hurt them. Much" He smiled.
"George. It not your fault" I whispered.
"Oh, you starting the Its not you, its me trick? You know what that is. A lie. No matter who says it. No matter what the real reason is, they say it. They say it so they dont have to spill out what the reason is. But do you ever think how we feel. Do you ever think it would be easier to handle if we knew the truth? Well??" He shook my robes again, pointing his wand at my left eye, as if to poke it out.
"I dont know why I dont love you anymore, I.. I just" I sighed, wiping tears from my cheeks, "I guess I just moved on"
"You moved on.. after all this time we have been together you can simply move on? Love just doesnt disappear all of a sudden. How long have you started to feel like this?"
I looked around the white room, trying to find an answer. The white smoke stretched for miles, going on forever.
A figure appeared from the fog and stood beside us.
"Ever since I became a teacher at Hogwarts." Lupin said, he looked at George and sighed, "Its my fault, Im sorry"

"..No..Remus" I whispered, staring into his eyes.
He turned to me and smiled.

"You... AVADA KEDAVRA!" George shouted as he pushed me to the ground.
"NO! REMUS!!" I stood up and ran to his body. He lay on the floor motionless. His eyes staring upwards to the smokey, endless ceiling.
George had killed him.

.
My eyes shot open. The large window opposite me, flooding the room with light was the first thing I saw. There was no white smoke outside. I pealed my eyes from the window and looked to my left. A room filled with hospital beds and curtains appeared to be full of air, not white smoke. I turned to my right. The curtain appeared to be closed around half my bed, a chair stood next to my own bed, a familiar coat hung over one of the arms.
It came flooding back to me. George.. he killed Lupin.
No, he cant have. Lupin, Remus Lupin isnt dead. Is he?
Did George try to kill me too? Is George here?
"Ah, youre awake!" I turned to the right of my bed, I expected to see George.
But no. Standing there with two cups of tea was Lupin. He smiled and made his way back to my chair, he set both cups on the bed side table and turned to me.
"How are you feeling?"
I didnt speak, I just stared at him wide eyed, my mouth open.
He smiled and looked uncomfortable.
"Your not dead!" I smiled.
"No, but, now that you come to it. Last night-" He began.
"No! No no no! It was a dream!" I laughed.
A dream. A dream that seemed so real. Yet the white smoke did confuse me.
"Ah, thats what it was then. I thought something was wrong when I heard you shouting in your sleep." He smiled.
"How long have you been here?"
He checked his watch and looked up when the nurse completely closed the curtains, giving us more privacy.
"Ever since you were brought in. That was at about 11pm last night, its 9am now" He smiled.
"Youve been here all night?" I asked, turning my body round to face him.
"Yes, I was told once or twice to leave but I couldnt. I wanted to make sure you were okay, plus I feel as though it was my fault." He sighed and looked down to his hands. He picked up his tea and took a large sip.
"How is it your- AHH!" My side felt as though it had split open. Lupin looked up from his cup and looked concerned.
"Are you alright? Rose?" He asked, I nodded and he forced a smile, "How is it my fault? Well I was caught up, a student had seen me running through the castle and tried to attack me. I managed to escape after five minutes of running in the wrong direction and made my way down to you."
He must have been the one who found me, he must have taken me here, to St Mungos. I wonder what happened to the werewolf who saved me. But why was he attacked by a student?
I smiled but the pain had came back in my side.
I cried slightly.
"Professor, I-Ive been-" I started
"Bitten. I know" He finished my sentence and stared at me.
It was a struggle not to get lost in his eyes, but the pain took my attention.
"Does that make me.. a werewolf" I asked, whispering.
He nodded and sighed, he placed one of his hands on mine and smiled.
"But you will get through it"

"How..? I cant tell my friends that Im a werewolf, I cant make a wolfs bane potion to save my life and in this case it could be, plus I have to go through this alone. The only werewolves I have ever seen are the ones who did this to me." I remembered the one who saved me. He is long gone now. I will never get to thank him.
"You are not alone Rose. I know what its like."

"No you dont, you dont know what its like to know you have to face this, to be different. I might attack my friends, I might kill one of them, how will I live with myself after? Dont tell me you know how I feel, you know its a lie" I raised my voice. His grip on my hand tightened.
"Rose I know exactly how you feel, I know you feel alone but when I was your age I didnt have another just like myself to guide me, to help me. I had to do it alone. But you, you have me" He smiled.
"How can you help me?"
"I was the one who killed the leader of the pack. I saved you from them. Im a werewolf Rose." He sighed and forced another smile.
He saved me. Hes going to help me.
"Thank you" I whispered, a single tear rolled down my cheek.
"Anytime" He smiled.