Sealed With a Howl

chapter 14

Roses POV:
It was the day before the Christmas holidays started, I had been let out of hospital a week ago, after spending two weeks there
The Great Hall was filled with it usual decorations; hug trees, mistletoe that hung off the air, gigantic baubles and more things you would not see in a muggle house at Christmas.
Abi and Kayleigh were staying at Hogwarts, both their parents had decided to take a short holiday somewhere in the world.
I had to lie about my condition, I had to tell everyone that I had been attacked a death eater. I didnt think people would believe my story, but it seemed to work.
Only Lupin, Dumbledore, myself and, sadly, Snape knew that I was attacked by werewolves, and had become one myself.
"You going home for Christmas?" Abi asked me as she followed me up to the common room.
"Yeah, I need your help packing if thats okay" I asked her as we reached the portrait, I could walk but it was hard moving fast due to the pain in my left side and the scratches on my legs caused me to limp.
"Oh, Rose. George asked me to give you this, he says its important but I dont know what its about" Abi said while pulling a folded piece of parchment out of one of her pockets and handing it to me. I stared at it for a while before stuffing it into one of my own pockets, "Your not going to read it?" she asked me slowly.
"Not now, I will later. I need to pack at the moment" I said not meeting her eyes.
We packed clothes, books to complete unfinished homework, shoes (I had packed all my converse, all 5 pairs of them. Not forgetting my vans) etc.
"Okay, I need this to be taken down to Lupins class room" I said as I heaved the bag off my bed.
"Lupins class room? Why..?" She asked me slowly.
I shouldnt have said that. I cant tell her that he is coming home with me to make sure I dont kill my family or eat all of the Christmas dinner because I happen to be a werewolf.
"Urm..yeah, I need to sort out when my detentions start again" I lied.
"Still on detention? Is talking such a terrible crime now?" Abi asked wide eyed.
"No, its just, I missed a lot of school because because of the death eater. So I thought I would make up for the time I missed" I lied again.
"But what is the point, while you were in hospital we had a cover teacher most of the time, Lupin was hardly at school." Abi mumbled as she pulled my suitcase down the stairs.
I knew perfectly well that he was not in school all of the time when I was in St Mungos, he was at the hospital with me. Telling me about what happens when you become a werewolf, or me telling him how best to kill Becky if she starts singing again.
Everyday, but one, when I woke up in my hospital bed he would either be sitting in the chair next to me or his coat would be on the arm, telling me he was here somewhere.
We reached his class room, well I did, Abi was still half way down the corridor with my suitcase.
Once she had reached me she sat against the wall and breathed heavily.
"How much stuff.. did we pack?" She panted.
I laughed and hugged her.
"Thanks for your help, I got it from here. Have a nice Christmas" I smiled.
She smiled back and began to walk.
"You too" She called back and waved.
I turned to face the class room door, it was open slightly so I stuck my head around the door.
The classroom was filled with light from outside, the office door was open and music could be heard coming from it.
I made my way through the classroom, my hand began to sweat. I climbed the stairs to his office, wiping my hands on my robes.
"Professor Lupin?" I called as I knocked the door.
He wasnt in here. Two bags were sitting together next to his desk.
I took three steps into his office, the music filled my ears.
The office was filled with Books, Paper, and the odd tank with something in it for class.
A large window let a flood of light fill his office, the open window filled the room with the smell of freshly cut grass.
I heard someone enter the classroom and quickly walk up the stairs towards the office.
"Rose! How are you feeling?" Lupin had walked in the office and over to me.
"Fine, I guess" I smiled.
"Great, well I've got some wolfsbane potion, I'll look after these until we get to your house" He smiled as he placed them carefully in his suitcase, "You ready to go then?"
"Yeah, my suitcase it outside, I let Stripe out this morning, he should be home soon" I nodded.
He smiled and checked his watch.
"Its quarter past 10, we should make our way to Hogsmeade station" He said picking up his bags and coat.
I nodded and made my way out of the office and classroom.
I grabbed my suitcase and walked along side Lupin, I noticed he seemed to be cheerful today. Looking forward to meeting my mom I guess...
The horseless carriages waiting for students were lined up ready for us, we found an empty one and sat, waiting for them to start moving towards Hogsmeade station.
"Whereabouts do you live?" Lupin asked me as the carriages set off.
"Just outside London, about 20 minutes away from Diagon Alley" I smiled, I wasnt looking forward to going home for Christmas in the first place, but seeing as the reason I wanted to stay at school was coming with me, it could turn out to be better than usual.
He smiled and looking out the window, I couldnt think of what to say. For the next few hours I would be alone with him.
"Do you think your mother will be okay with me hanging around the place for two weeks?" He laughed.
"Well she was the one who said you could in the first place so I guess shell be fine. Probably looking forward to a bit of male company" I forced a smile.
"Are your parents divorced?" Lupin asked, he wasnt smiling but looking at me, he seemed to care.
I nodded, "My dad left, he couldnt take in what my mom had told him. That she was a witch, meaning I would be one too..." I looking out of the window, neither of us said anything, but I could feel his eyes burning into my skin.
"I loved my dad so much" I said quietly, still watching the trees pass by.
Lupin still sat quietly.

.
The carriages came to a halt, we were at the station, smoke gliding through the trees, telling us that the Hogwarts Express was ready and waiting.
He opened the door and jumped out, then reaching in and pulling out our bags.
I stepped out of the carriage and closed the door behind me, taking my suitcase off Lupin and made our way onto the platform.
We jumped on the train and found an empty compartment. The train would be quiet today, seeing as most of the students were staying at Hogwarts.
The train set off minutes after we had stepped onto it, trees ran by faster and faster as the seconds went by.
The Lake, even though it was one of the largest I have ever seen, had soon passed by. Hogwarts was out of sight.
I turned to face Lupin, but found that he was already staring at me, smiling.
I blushed and looked down at my feet.
"Are you sure youre okay Rose?" He asked me slowly.
I nodded and started to pick at my nails.
"You dont look it"
"I'm fine" I said sternly.
He nodded and looked out of the window, the sun shined brightly.
"Iim sorry professor..." I quietly said.
"Its fine Rose He smiled, You dont have to call me Professor all the time, it would seem strange for you, seeing as it is your home Im staying at. Just call me Remus" He smiled.
I looked up at him, smiling and quickly nodding.
"Does it hurt? The first transformation?" I asked.
"Yes, but because you will be taking the potion it wont be as painful. Your mind has to switch from your own into the mind of a werewolf, where you dont recognise your surroundings, friends or family. The potion keeps that from happening"
"So while I'm transformed I will still know how to do things, like get changed or make a cup if tea?" I asked smiling
He nodded and laughed.
"Great, I always wanted to see a wolf dressing in my moms clothes drinking a fancy cup of tea!"
He laughed more and smiled.
Ten minutes had passed until I remembered the note from George.
I rummaged through my pocket and pulled out the folded piece of parchment, It was quite long, for George anyway.
Rose,
whats wrong with us lately?
I think the last time we had a proper conversation was a month ago. Are you ignoring me?
Just so you know Im not ignoring you, I need to speak to you, I want to speak to you.
Im starting to feel as though you dont love me anymore, if there is someone who you do love then you must tell me, I cant be kept in the dark about everything.
I hope this is just one of those things girls go through, If its not then I dont know what Im gonna do.
I was going to ask you to come to the Burrow for Christmas, but I heard you had to go home. Ill come and see you sometime.
I heard about the Death Eater, I hope youre okay. Dont worry too much though, I hear that the order are tracking him down.
Please write back. I miss you. I love you.
George. Xxx
Tears filled my eyes.
Do I want to speak to him? I dont think I can.
Do I still love him? I dont know.
Do I love someone else? Yes.
Great, hes coming to my house, he might see Lupin. Wonder what the hell is going on, my mom will force me to tell him because he is my boyfriend, find out Lupin is a werewolf and probably more.
This is just great. My life is already to complicated.
I do love George. But, I think as a friend.
The one person who I do, I think, love, cant possibly feel the same way towards me, my heart will break, my life will fall and I will be alone with everyone knowing me as The girl who fell in love with her DADA teacher.
I felt tears fall down my cheeks and onto the note. I closed my eyes tight, wanting this to end.
"Rose? Rose, whats wrong?" Lupin asked me in a soft voice.
He moved onto the seat next to me.
I scrunched the note up and threw it in my pocket.
"George" I sniffed.
"Is he okay?" He asked
"He wont be when he finds out"
"Whats going on Rose?"
"I think I..dont love him anymore, I love someone else. Someone I cant have. Someone I know wont and cant feel the same about me" I said sniffing again, still looking down at my hands.
Lupin stayed quiet for a minute or two.
"I love someone who I cant have too. Shes the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I know there is more hope for you, you are beautiful, young. George is a lucky guy" He smiled.
"But I dont love him I Love y-" I shouted, but a group of 3rd year girls and ran past screaming.
Lupin was still staring at me, not smiling.
I felt more tears roll down my burning cheeks.
"Come here" He whispered. He wrapped his arms around my back, hugging me tightly.
"Love is a confusing thing. You have time" He whispered in my ear.
I felt safe.
"There is hope for you too Remus I'm sure she feels the same way" I sniffed again.
I could feel myself drifting off into a deep sleep, still in Lupins arms.
"Impossible" I heard him say.
But I had fallen asleep before I heard the rest.
Lupins POV:
"Impossible because I love you..."