Sealed With a Howl

chapter 17

"Rose, you might want to come and see this" I heard Lupins voice from upstairs, still smiling I followed his voice.
I found him in Beckys room, gazing at an open book on the bed side table.
"Remus what are you doing in here? What is it?" I asked as my smile faded.
"These books" He mumbled.
I stood beside him, staring at what seemed like many books on werewolves, history of magic and DADA books all turned to pages on werewolves.
I turned to her bed, pieces of parchment lay from the pillows down to the end of the bed, covering it all.
I picked up one, it read;
'If bitten by a werewolf, while the werewolf is in its wolf form, he or she will become one themselves each full moon. If bitten while the werewolf is not in their wolf form, the one bitten will not become one, but will have wolf-like feelings. The need for bloody meat for example.
Wolfsbane potion, only discovered recently, is the only way to keep his or her mind from changing into the mind of a werewolf.
If taken, he or she will still transform but they will still know who they are and where they are. They will be no danger to themselves or others.
If the potion is not taken, the werewolf will be dangerous and possibly kill those they know.
The wolfsbane potion is hard to make, it has to be made correctly in order to work. It takes a lot of patience and practice to be made, without any harm to the werewolf.
Many people in the wizarding world are anti-werewolf, if they come across one, nothing will stop them from taking its life.
These group of people are nameless, they were forced into hiding many years ago, yet still werewolves go missing and are never seen again.
Some walk among us, searching for those bitten by a werewolf. Tracking them down and killing them in their own homes, yet they leave no evidence as to who they are.
This forces many werewolves to be on the run, to go into hiding...'
The last sentence was underlined.
I looked up at Lupin who had stood behind me and read what I held.
"What does this mean?" I asked him.
"I dont know," He sighed, "either shes only finding information due to interest, or..."
"She wants us out of here"
He sighed again and looked down.
"What should we do?" I asked
"Pretend we dont know what shes up to, I dont know" He shrugged.
"Why did you come in here anyway?"
He pointed to her door,
"It said 'Knock before entering, but dont even bother if youre a werewolf'"
Anger rushed through my veins.
"The little-" I began.
The house phone rang, I ran down stairs to pick up, Remus followed.
"Hello?"
"Leave my room alone. I know you've been in there" Becky said quietly on the other end.
"Becky? Is that you?"

"Mmhmm"
"Explain what you're up to!"

"Put everything down. Close the door. Dont go in there again" She didnt sound like herself, she was supposed to sound like a happy little girl. But she sounded evil.
"How do you know-"

"I know you well enough by now"
"We wont hurt you Becky, we have wolfsbane potion, it stops our minds from changing, you should know that"
"I do, checked your draws lately?" She laughed.
"Remus, go to my room, third draw down in my bed side table. Make sure the wolfsbane potions are still there" I said quickly.
He nodded and ran up the stairs.
I stared at the phone for 10 seconds before raising it to my ear, shaking.
"Becky-" I began.
"The potions are gone" Remus said as he ran back down the stairs.
"What? Becky?? Where are they??" I shouted down the phone.
"Just listen" She giggled, I heard her move the phone.
Then I heard two bottles smash against the hard floor.
"Oh my god"
"What? What is it?" Remus asked, shaking.
"Shes got the bottles. Shes just smashed them both" I said slamming down the phone.
Remus sat on the stairs, his head in his hands.
"No, no no no" He mumbled.
"We...we can make more" I sighed
"No. It takes practise to make a potion that wont harm us, besides, we dont have the ingredients"
"Then what are we supposed to do?" I raised my voice.
"Leave"

"We cant leave, then she would have won!"
"Do you want to put your family at risk?" He lifted his head and stared me straight in the eyes.
I shook my head.
"Then we need to be as far away from them as possible," He stood up and walked over to me, "I need you to understand that once you become a werewolf things change, your family are at risk, even more so now the potions are gone"
"Where are we going to go?"
"Anywhere, we cant be near people until after the full moon"

I slowly nodded.
"You pack your things, I'll be up to do mine in a minute" I said turning to the kitchen.
Five minutes later I had packed food, hopefully enough to last us a week or two.
I ran upstairs and dragged my messenger bag from under my bed.
I filled it with clothes, a stick of eyeliner, spare shoes and a calendar.
"Why do we need that?" Remus had put his bag outside his room, he stepped into mine.
"So we can keep track of the days. This one has the moon chart on it" I said standing up, grabbing my My Chemical Romance hoody and my wand.
"Stripe, you have to stay here. I dont fancy waking up and finding you torn apart next to me" I said stroking his back.
He ruffled his feathers and turned away from me.
"Fine then, be that way! I might not even come back!"
He turned towards me and hooted.
"Im joking, Ill keep safe. Ill see you soon and dont come looking for me, If mom or anyone sends you to find me dont come looking. I dont want you hurt" I smiled as I closed the cage door.
"Ready then?"
"Urm, no not yet" I ripped the corner of some paper that lay on my desk, a pen and wrote;
Mom,
Remus and I left.
Dont know where we are heading.
The wolfsbane potion is missing.
We dont want to hurt you or Becky so we have gone to find somewhere far away from anyone.
I love you both so much.
Xxx
Remus smiled as he read the note.
"I see you havent blamed Becky"
"She may have forgotten the meaning of family but I sure haven't"
He nodded and followed me down the stairs.
He put the note down on the table next to the door.
"You have your wand?" I asked.
He reached inside his coat pocket and pulled it out.
I smiled and opened the door, swinging my bag over my shoulder and closed the door once we were both outside.