Status: active

Nothing Is as It Seems

Chapter Two

I got through my first class and halfway through the second before i came down with a headache from the stress of the man I’ve seen in my dreams being here. He had gone as far as making sure he sat by me in both classes which didn't help at all.

He didn’t speak to me again, just sat and looked at me occasionally. A few of the girls in the class kept turning in their seats to check him out. I found myself wishing he'd turn his attention to one of them, but he never even looked their way.

I was so relieved when my professor dismissed us early. I had already decided I would go straight home after that class. I had two more, but I couldn’t handle them today. My headache started to fade a bit when I climbed into my car. Being alone was exactly what I needed right now. I also needed to get the hell off campus before I went crazy.

By the time I pulled into my driveway, I was feeling completely better. The fresh air from my window being rolled down was refreshing. I put the car in park and rested my head on the steering wheel. I had no idea what to make of this whole thing.

How was it even possible that I could dream about someone and the next day they show up in my life? It had to just be some sort of crazy coincidence. Just as I was starting to convince myself of that, I noticed a figure standing on the front porch.

Why could he not just leave me alone? There are billions of people in the world, why did he have to pick me? I thought about just backing up and leaving again, but before I could make a move, he called out to me.

“You may as well face me now; I’ll wait here as long as I must.”

Wow, creepy. It’s like he could read my thoughts. This really wouldn’t be that hard to believe, considering the rest of it. My body was quivering in fear as I climbed out of my car. He was smirking as I made my way up the steps and stopped in front of him.

“I don’t want to listen to you,” I said, hoping he’d just leave. Of course I couldn't get so lucky.

“I’d rather you choose to listen to me, than force you to in your dreams,” he said, taking a step closer.

I sucked in a deep breath at his words. So it was official, it wasn’t a coincidence at all. Slowly, I tried to accept the fact that something scary as fuck was going on here and I was somehow in the middle of it.

“Fine, what do you want?” I asked, looking anywhere but at him.

“Let’s go inside and get more comfortable.”

Not waiting for an answer, he twisted the door knob and stepped inside. I watched him walk inside and plop down on the couch. I thought about running back to my car and getting the hell out of there, but I knew he'd just follow me again. So finally, taking a deep breath, I followed him inside.

“That door was locked,” I said shakily.

“What? You think dream walking is my only talent? You’d be surprised.”

I chose not to respond to that. I sank down on the other end of the couch, as far away from him as I could possibly get. The silence grew and filled the room until I felt like I was suffocating.

“What do you want?” I asked quietly.

“You,” he said, sliding over until he was sitting right next to me. He turned my face so I had to look at him. I tried not to stare in his eyes, but they were like magnets, drawing mine to them immediately. Within seconds, I was lost.

“Now, calm down. Don’t be afraid of me.”

“Okay, Zachary,” I said, my breathing returning to normal as my fear started to fade away.

“Call me Zacky, baby.”

“Zacky.”

He let out a laugh and slid even closer to me, if that were possible. His arms snaked around my waist and he pulled my face to him until my lips touched his. My body melted against his as he pulled me onto his lap. His fingers ran through my hair, grabbing a handful and tugging on it lightly.

A moan escaped my lips that was completely beyond my control at that moment. The feeling of our tongues dancing together was enough to have me grabbing him and trying to pull him even closer.

He was in the process of lying back so I would be on top of him when there was a knock on the door. He was up and away from me so fast that I barely had time to register it. Slowly, I came to myself again and realized what had just happened. He had me under some kind of spell or something. I couldn’t let him take control of me like that again.

“It’s your boyfriend, babe. You better answer it.”

I started to yell at him for calling me babe, but when I turned around, he was gone. There was no sign that he was ever there other than the tears pouring from my eyes. I was freaked out worse than I had ever been in my life. I just didn’t know what to do.

I couldn’t tell anyone about it or they’d think I was crazy. What hurt the most was that I couldn’t even tell Adam. It would probably scare him away and I needed him more now than I ever had before. It seemed as if I had no choice but to try to figure it out on my own. I tried my best to wipe away my tears before opening the door and letting Adam inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who has commented, read, or subscribed!