Status: active

Nothing Is as It Seems

Chapter Three

“You look like you've seen a ghost,” Adam said as soon as he walked through the door. No, not a ghost, something worse.

“I ended up with a headache, but it finally went away now.”

Adam smiled gently wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.

“Well since we've left school anyway. Want to watch a movie or something?”

I nodded and grabbed his hand, leading him upstairs to my room. Before I could open the door, Adam had spun me around and pushed me against it. His lips met mine furiously. He had never kissed me like this before.

He pulled away after a few moments and his smile made my stomach flip.

“You find us something to watch, I'll go get popcorn and drinks.”

He disappeared back down the stairs and I made my way into my room to find the remote. I was too lost in my thoughts to even turn the TV on. I was so lucky to have Adam. No doubt he'd heard I left because I didn't feel well and rushed right over. I was so grateful he had since Zacky had shown up.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening and Adam stepping into the room holding a big bowl of popcorn and two cups full of coke.

“You're the best,” I said with a smile.

“I know, I know. I’m pretty fucking awesome,” Adam said, laughing in that cute way he had.

He crossed the room and sat the popcorn on the bed and the drinks on my dresser. I immediately moved the bowl to the dresser as well and pulled Adam towards me by his shirt.

Adam laughed but didn’t stop me. He removed my hand from his shirt and pulled me into his arms. At first, I had to shake off a feeling of guilt. It didn’t seem right to be kissing him after I had been kissing someone else an hour ago, but that wasn’t exactly my fault. As the kiss deepened, however, I couldn’t think about anything besides his lips on mine.

We kissed like this all the time, but today something was different. It got intense fast. We had been together for a while, but we had been putting off having sex until it felt right.
As things progressed, I knew that it was finally going to happen.

Slowly, Adam slid his fingers underneath my shirt. I shivered as his fingers slid across my skin. I didn’t try to stop him, so he pulled my shirt up and over my head, tossing it to the side. After that, he stopped kissing and just looked down at me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, not breaking eye contact.

“You’re beautiful, and I’ve wanted this for so long,” he said.

“I know, and now you can have it.”

His lips were back on mine an instant later. In that moment, I couldn’t help but forget everything that had happened in the past twenty-four hours, if only for a little while.

~x~

“I love you,” I whispered in Adam’s ear as we lay there, wrapped in each other’s arms.

“You too, sweet girl,” he said and pressed a kiss to my forehead. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feel of it. I felt the bed shift as he grabbed the cups and handed me one of them. I thanked him and took a long drink.

We settled in to watch some random movie and before too long I could barely hold my eyes open.

“It’s okay, you can sleep,” Adam said sweetly after noticing me trying to fight off sleep.

“Sing to me,” I said, finally letting my eyes close. I snuggled against Adam and it didn’t take long for me to drift off to sleep to the soft sound of his voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
So should she tell Adam or will he think she's crazy?