Status: active

Nothing Is as It Seems

Chapter Six

Synyster led me to another set of stairs leading down. He kept a tight hold on my arm, but I had feeling that was just for show. There was no way I could escape this place on my own. I looked in every open door we passed, trying to learn as much about my surroundings as possible. After craning my neck to look into a room that seemed to be an office, I was suddenly shoved against the wall.

I whimpered as he put a hand against the wall on either side of my head and leaned in close. I could feel his breath on my face. I tried to look away from him, but he grabbed my face with one hand and forced me to look at him.

“I know what you’re thinking, but you’d never be able to escape.” I couldn’t speak so I just nodded. A smirk formed on his lips and I felt like I was going to be sick.

He grabbed my arm again and all but dragged me into the next room. It was a nicely furnished bedroom with attached bathroom.

“Enjoy your stay,” Brian whispered before shoving me inside the room and closing the door. The door seemed to melt into the wall until you couldn’t tell it had ever been there. I immediately started to go over every inch of the room. There was a dresser full of clothes in my size. A king size bed covered in a black duvet stood in the middle of the room. There was a bookshelf full of books and a chair situated in front of a TV. The bathroom was small, but had everything you could possibly need. The bathtub was decent sized and had a variety of bubble baths and shampoos on a shelf next to it. The area around the sink was stocked with makeup in the exact brand and colors I bought for myself. I shivered as I thought about how long they must have been watching me to know those small details.

I felt gross so I decided to take a bath. I picked out clothes from the dresser. I hate to use anything they put here for me, but my clothes were torn and stained. I locked the bathroom door and ran the tub full of warm water. I sank to my chin in the warm water. I hoped that this was all a nightmare and I’d wake up in the morning in my bed next to Adam like always.

Of course, this was reality so after the water cooled down I climbed out and dressed in a black t shirt, jeans, and my own red converse. I opened the door to go back to the bedroom and nearly screamed when I saw Zacky sitting on the bed. I immediately shut and locked the door again. I heard him laugh and then the lock click before the door swung open.

“Did you forget locked doors don’t matter to me?” he asked. I wanted to smack him until that stupid smirk went away.

“So far you’ve majorly fucked with my life, had me drugged, abducted me, and dragged me all the way out here. I at least deserve a damn explanation!” I was screaming, but I didn’t care. I wasn’t going to sit here and take this shit quietly. Zacky’s expression had switched to an amused one while I was yelling, but he didn’t speak.

“Just tell me what the fuck you want from me!”

He stood and crossed the room to where I was standing. I flinched when he touched my face. “All in good time, my dear.”

Before I could even think about what I was about to do, I was shoving him back away from me. It caught him by surprise and he stumbled back a few steps. I feared he would me angry and attack me or something, but he didn’t. He only laughed.

“I see now this is going to be fun.”

As he started walking toward me, I stepped back until I came in contact with the wall. I had nowhere left to go.

“I just want to go home,” I whispered, willing the tears not to fall but they did anyway. Zacky reached out to wipe them from my face. I wished he would stop touching me.

“You do deserve to know what’s coming to you. I need your life to be sacrificed under the next full moon.”

I barely noticed when my knees gave out and my body slid down the wall until I was sitting on the floor. I couldn’t believe this was happening. I didn’t want to die here.