Status: active

Nothing Is as It Seems

Chapter Eight

When Johnny opened the door a man with black spiked hair stepped in.

“Jacoby! I see you made it okay,” Johnny said, reaching out to shake the man's hand.

“Yes. This is Kara?” he asked, looking in my direction. Johnny nodded.

“Kara, I'm Jacoby. I'm so happy our plan worked to get you out of there,” he told me with a smile which made me feel a little better. If Johnny trusted him then I should too.

“Is everything in order for our next move?” Jacoby asked Johnny, turning away from me.

“Yes, sir. Everything is waiting on us.”

Wait a second. Why did Johnny call him sir in the same way he addressed Zacky?

“Very well. Shall we go now?” Johnny nodded and left the room, returning with a duffel bag in his hands. He came in my direction, but I backed away.

“I thought you were helping me!” I screamed at him, earning a smirk from Johnny and a quiet chuckle from Jacoby. He took one last step forward and grabbed my arm, pulling me in the direction of the door. “I trusted you!”

“Yeah, well that was stupid wasn't it?” he asked, earning himself a laugh from Jacoby.

I fought to pull myself out of his grasp, but he only squeezed my arm tighter. The pain became too much so I sighed in defeat and stopped fighting. Once outside, I was thrown into the back of the car we arrived in. Jacoby took the driver’s seat and Johnny climbed in beside me.

“No need to fear. Your death will be painless,” Jacoby said from the front seat. The tone in his voice seemed to sooth me. I realized he was using some kind of power to calm me so I fought against it. I could see the delight in his eyes once he realized I was fighting. “Zack sure picked a feisty one. I like it!”

A bead of sweat formed on my forehead as I continued trying to fight his control. Before too long, he stopped trying and I leaned back against the seat in relief. HIs eyes focused on the road before of us and we drove for what had to have a couple of hours.

Finally, we pulled onto a dirt road leading into the forest. What was it with these people and hiding in the woods? We drove a good few miles down the dirt road before turning into the driveway of a small cabin. Johnny forced me out of the car and we moved toward the cabin. Jacoby led the way up to the door and let us inside. Jacoby waved Johnny off and grabbed my arm, leading me up the stairs.

“I have a nice room set up for you,” he said, like that would impress me or something. I didn’t say anything in response.

We continued down a hallway, past three rooms until finally coming to a partly open door. He pushed me gently inside. In addition to all the furniture, there was a computer, a tv with hundreds of dvds, and a game system with any game I could think of.

“Enjoy your stay, if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask,” he said and started to turn away.

“Don’t act like you fucking care about what I need,” I said to his back and he turned around to face me again with a smirk on his lips.

“I don’t enjoy killing beautiful girls like you, but it’s necessary. Believe me, you don’t want Zacky to have that much power,” he said

“Considering both of you are willing to kill for what you want, neither of you need that much power,” I pat at him.

He chuckled a little before speaking again, “Fair enough.”

With that, he crossed over to the door and left me alone. I had to find a way out of here, I just had to. I wasn’t ready to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
I needed a new bad guy and I've been listening to a lot of old Papa Roach here lately so I decided on Jacoby Shaddix. I'm sorry this one sucks so bad, writer's block was killing me.

I've decided to rewrite one of my old stories, Fall From Grace I have the first chapter up already.