Played

Junior: The Boy Who Started it All

"Hold my hand!" he yelled at the much shorter girl, quickly helping her up from the slippery floor. Her pink dress now dirty, her small frame starting to shiver as she heard loud steps walking towards her. The house was cold and the fear of the woman who was approaching her made the already frightened girl seem almost as if she’d seen a ghost.

“What have you done?” a woman yelled. She ripped the little girl from the boy’s arms, quickly bending her down and spanking her with all the force she could build up in her right hand. Her eyes were red, enraged with the innocent child who was only trying to spy on her friends. The little girl screamed as she slowly started to feel her skin become numb. The woman finally stopped, yanked her by her hand and made her kneel on the floor with her arms held up. “And you better stay that way for the next thirty minutes!” she screamed. The woman then stomped back into her room, leaving the door open enough to see the girl was still on her knees. She picked up her needle and continued sewing the pants she’d been working on all weekend.

This was little Lily’s life. Beat by her mother’s best friend, abused by her own best friend. She was only a little girl who’d been exposed to a terrible childhood. She thought every little girl went through it. At times she wished she was a boy so she wouldn’t have it so hard. But of course, then she wouldn’t be able to wear all the dresses she’d constantly be gifted.

“You can get up now, but you better not disobey me again, or next time it’ll be worse.” Lily stood up, walking back to the boy’s room who waited for her by the door with a sorrowful look on his face.

“See? That’s why you have to listen!” he yelled. He then pulled her into his room and closed the door behind them.

If there’s one thing Lily’s childhood taught her was to never trust anyone. Not someone who pretends before your mom, not even the boy you have a crush on.

The things that happened behind that boy’s door were things that would mark her life forever.