Beautiful Disaster

I didn't mean for it to happen.

"I don't know how to answer that Leland. We fight all the time. I guess we just don't want the same thing anymore." I say looking over at him. "Did you ever want the same thing as Duane Lee?" he asks me. "I thought so, but when we got married all he wanted was to start a family and buy a house, I guess I wasn't ready to settle down. So when I found out I was pregnant I thought he would be happy. But the thing is, I wasn't happy." I say honestly.

"But you knew she was mine." he says.

"I knew as soon as I found out I was pregnant that she was yours. I don't regret sleeping with you Leland." I say climbing onto him and straddling his lap. "It was the hottest sex I'd ever had. Duane Lee could never do it like you could." I tell him as I lick his earlobe.

"Mmm maybe we don't need to do this Emma. Not after everything that's happened." he tells me groaning trying to push me off of him. "Well, it's your fault it happened. We could have just gone on and they wouldn't have known" I say arguing back getting up off of him.

"See if I come to you next time something happens." I say walking toward the door.

Duane Lee's POV

I had given up on calling Emma, she was going to come home when she was ready. If she came home at all. These are the times I wish my dad was still alive, I could talk to him. He would know what to do, he would know what I should say to Layla I thought, looking over at her just sitting on the couch.

Neither of us had done anything today, just moped around the house trying to figure things out. I couldn't imagine the thoughts that were running through her head. She had asked me last night if she would have to move in with him. I thought I might die of heart break. My heart hurt for her.

Now I had to figure out what to do about Emma. Leland wasted no time informing me that he was the one she ran to when things were bad at home. I didn't mind them being friends, I had never questioned that. Maybe I should I have. Maybe I should have paid more attention. Maybe I should have ended this before it went this far.

I hear the front door open and Layla glances over at me raising her eyebrow. Right then and there all I could see in her face was Leland.

In walks Emma.

"Bedroom, now." I say, not even giving her a chance to say a word. She follows me without so much as a glance at Layla. I slam the door and she jumps. "Start talking" is the only thing I say. " Duane, I don't know what to say. I ... I'm so sorry." she says quietly.

"You're sorry. You're sorry?" I say laughing. "Sorry for what, getting caught. How could you do that to Layla. To me? How could you let me go sixteen years, raising that child, knowing I wasn't her father. How could you do that to us?"

"I didn't know what else to do, I didn't want to lose you, we had just gotten married... I.. I didn't mean for it to happen!" she says sitting on the bed.

"Well it's not like that stopped you from fucking him, did it? It didn't stop you from running to him every time we fight, did it?" I say getting in her face. I had never wanted to hurt a woman, but my hand was itching to slap her in the face.

"You disgust me. Get out of my house." I say walking toward the door.

"Just so you know...I married you for your money." she says with no expression on her face.

I look at her shaking my head "Well, I'm glad you told me that, because that means when you leave, you wont get a fucking dime of it!" I say turning the door knob.

I leave her in the bedroom, walking into the living room and Layla is gone. I check her room and she's not there. I walk out of the garage and her new car is gone.