Dark Hair and Blue Eyes

-

“So you mean to tell me, you've been here most of your life, and you've never once gone to the carnival?” Julian asked as he worked on a customer's order; a vase of sunflowers. Kai sat on a stool next to the other, shrugging as his answer to the question.

“I always wanted to go but, I don't know something always came up.” He said, giving another shrug.

“It comes every other month. So how about when it comes to town next, I'll take you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah why not.” Julian tied the bow around the neck of the vase, nice and neat. The order was now finished so he picked it up to put in the fridge for pick ups. “ It'll be fun. Plus it'll get you outside, something you desperately need to do.” Kai rolled his eyes at the remark.

“Ok yeah. Let's do that.” He agreed excitedly. Julian came back around the counter, going to the computer to look up the customer's info to call her about the order being done. In the corner of the screen he noticed the time.

“Oh man, you better head out Kai. It's almost 1.”

“Shit.” Kai checked his phone and saw that Julian was right. “Alright yeah, gotta head out. Hey, how about a flower to go then?” Kai chuckled. Kai always got at least one flower per visit, without fail.

“What would you like this time?” He asked.

“How about a peony?” Julian smiled as he went into the back for a brief moment and walked out with the requested peony. Kai grinned as he was handed the flower. “Thanks! See ya later Jules!”

“Any time Kai.”