Status: Still Chugging

That's the Beauty of a Secret

Chapter Four

“Morning Sunshine” Lys said with a smile as I slowly took a sip of my water and slip into the passenger seat of Alyssa’s car already having a rough start of the day.
“Shut the fuck up” I grumbled only to get a shocked look from Lys. I mean after about the fifth time puking this morning, anyone would be pretty cranky just happy that my father and Margot had left for work early this morning.
“Well… well… well, someone is a little pissy today, I mean I don’t think I have ever heard you swear” she said with a little laugh as she pulled away from my house.
“You think? I spent a good portion of my day with my head stuck in the toilet” I said taking another sip trying to ease my stomach. After a few minutes of silence, Lys quickly pulled into the parking lot of Brooke’s doctors that she had recommended after she was told of my situation. Taking a nervous breath I looked up at the gray building not bothering to get out even when Lys open her door.
“Dan… you coming?” she asked which I quickly looked over at her knowing that I probably had a panicked look on my face, “what’s the matter?”
“I don’t think I can do this” I said as tears started to well in my eyes before looking down at my hands, “I’m I really ready to be a mom?”
“Dan… you have a few different options this is just to see if you really are pregnant and Brooke swears up and down that this doctor was amazing and sensitive about her situation” Lys said softly as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders making me quickly pull her into a hug, “and know whatever I choose I’m with you 100%.”
~❤~
“So Danielle, it does seem that you are pregnant” Dr Hale said as soon as she walked back into the examination room that she just left me and Alyssa in after the normal routine.
“That fast?” I said with a confused look as I looked over at her as she sat down across from me with a reassuring smile.
“Yeah yours was quite quick to come back with the test, so that is why I would love to get a blood sample and test your hCG hormone levels” she said as she wrote some stuff down in my files as I looked over at Lys almost feeling my face pale, not being the biggest fan of blood. Lys just gave me a reassuring smile before she put her hand in my own, “Now I was looking over your files and you say you’re only about a week late correct?”
“Yes, that’s correct” I said softly watching her write something down in my files making me feel extremely nervous for some odd reason.
“Well, I’m going to have the nurse come in and draw your blood which we will then send out to a lab to be tested. More than likely it won’t be till later on today before we will get the results back. Till then I’m going to prescribe you an anti-nausea medication that will help you with you issues you seem to be having with your morning sickness but I also recommend that you get yourself prenatal vitamins” she said as she wrote down on a small pad before tearing it out and handing it to me. “If I find that I need anything else I will have the office call you, but until then I hope the medication helps and I’ll see you in here for your next appointment. The nurse should be in here shortly to get your blood” she said softly as she stood up with my file in her hands before giving us a small wave before leaving me and Alyssa alone in the room.
“So you okay?” Lys asked softly as she squeezed my hand making me look over at her.
“I think, but I really don’t know what I’m going to do?” I said as I played with my prescription paper.
“It’s nothing you exactly have to figure out right now” she said softly just as a small dark hair walked into a room with a large smile as she carried in all the stuff that she would need to collect my blood.
“Hello Honey, I’m here to collect some blood for tests” the woman said as she quickly walked up to me and started to sit all of the supplies down next to me. I felt my stomach lurch not because of my morning sickness but at the idea of blood. Lys almost instantly knew my fear as she quickly stood up and sat down next to me grabbing my hand so that I wouldn’t pay attention when the nurse gingerly grabbed my arm and start to take my blood. “Alright, finished” she said after a few minutes making me look over noticing a bandage now covering my arm, “You’re free to go.”
“Ready, to go to get lunch?” Lys asked as soon as we slid into her car, looking over at me with a big smile. I just nodded as I stared at the prescription form finally taking in the fact that I was definitely pregnant which was a lot to take in.
~❤~
After picking up my medication and some vitamins, Lys and I quickly walked into Luanne’s Diner where Brooke and Spencer were waiting for us. “There’s my beautiful girls!” Brooke yelled as soon as she saw us, making me smile.
“Hey Brooke” I said as I slid into the worn bright red leather booth till I was next to the small auburned haired 4-year old who was more focused on coloring then us. “Hey Spence” I added as I lightly bumped him making him look up at me with his light green eyes.
“Hi Aunt Dani, want to color” he asked with a big smile as he held out a purple crayon. Looking down at the partially colored, coloring book I couldn’t help but smile.
“Of course bud I would love to” I said as I grabbed the crayon and started to color ignoring the conversation that the two sisters seemed to be having a conversation with one another. I was too busy coloring my Batman picture that I didn’t notice that both Brook and Lys were trying to talk to me. “Wait… what?” I asked as soon as notice the redhead and brunette staring at me from there ends of the booth.
“I was asking how asking how the doctor’s appointment went?” Brooke asked playing with her straw wrapper making me notice, Peg our normal waitress for Saturday lunch must have brought our drinks.
“Good… I guess. It’s confirmed, I am” I said looking over at her with a scared look, “Brooke, I really have no idea what I’m going to do. There is no way I can tell my dad and Margot.”
In an instant Brooke quickly switched seats with Lys pulling me into a great big hug which seemed to make the tears that I was holding back slowly fall down face and landing on her sweater, “I know how you're feeling. When I found out about Spence, I had so much going through my mind I mean I knew that I was going to be alone. That my parents would be pissed.”
“Mommy, bad word” Spencer scowled, making me chuckle at the small 4-year-old before going back to coloring which he quickly followed.
“I know Spence” she said ruffling his long auburn, curls making him give her a little glare. “But, as I was saying. You know I’m here for you and I have an idea what you’re going through.” she said giving me a small smile, that almost instantly made all the worry that I had built up go away.
“Thanks, I appreciate it.”
“No problem you’re like another pain in the A.S.S. sister to me” she said just as Peg came over to us with a tray filled with the food we all would normally eat. In some weird way I felt like it was going to be okay as long as I had all my family to back me up I thought as I looked over at the people who started to eat there lunch making me smile before I started to eat mine as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know I haven't updated in a while but truth be told I lost some ideas for this story but, about a week ago maybe more I got a comment from hopeless1313 I got my inspiration back so thank you soooooo much. So I wrote this in honor of Jack's birthday. Also I want to kinda updated that I have a weird work schedule so I can't say when I will update but I will try (try being the key word) to update once a week. Have a nice day and thanks for reading... bye!!!