Twilight

Early Morning: 2

As Princess Celestia is raising her sun, the lands slowly lights up. A sign to the Earth Pony to get up and get to work. Twilight Sparkle is no different from any of her kind.

When the first light is sneaking into the bed room, an earthly purple Pony is stirring. Slipping out of her bed in the familiar manner, she waste no time on her way out.

A new day of work always makes me feel right at home!” the Earthly Twilight thought, as she trotted to the back door to the garden behind the castle.

Of course the backyard is in a heavy shade, but that did not bother her as she slipped out of the castle and closed the door behind herself.

The first to greet her, is a meticulously kept path laid with egg shaped pebbles. It appeared to be the insane neatness, only a Unicorn could be bothered to keep.

“I can’t be responsible to manage this path for her, I hope!” Twilight mumbled.

“Buck it, not a single fruit tree on the entire property!” she observed soberly, in an irritated voice.

Trotting along the path, hearing the crunches of rounded pebbles underhoof. There are trees, alright, and beautiful once at that. Just no fruit bearing once. Something will have to be done, in order to correct this issue at once.

On second thought, I have not really seen any flowers either. I need to see flowers in bloom here. Colourful flowers, and edible once. How could a Princess permit such a problem to go untended to? Even if she has been alone in her castle for several years, with just one Dragon at her side as the aide and advisor.

I will just have to inform her of the sad state of the palace gardens!” I thought.

Once I had finished inspecting the property I had to work with, finding nothing in particular I could do at the moment; I found the only reasonable cause of action to be going in and prepare the breakfast for myself, and anypony else who happened to be around.

I could make some inquiries, and acquire the trees, bushes and plants after I had brought up the issue to the Princess. But, only after I had asked her.

Of course I washed my hooves, before I properly entered the castle. With dry and clean hooves, I could enter my home in the back of the castle as a proper palace pony. From there, I continued, trotting through the castle to the Royal kitchen. Surprisingly enough, it was not abandoned, as I arrived. Of course, Twilight is already there.

“Good morning, Twilight!” she responded, as she saw my face in the kitchen.

“Good morning, Princess!” I responded.

Of course I could call her Twilight, but my name is Twilight too; so calling out Twilight would be impractical in the situation at hoof!” I pondered.

Under the circumstances; I guess it would still be acceptable, for her to address me as Princess!” the Alicorn, known as Princess Twilight Sparkle reflected.

“You have been out to inspect the castle grounds!” she prompted.

“Yes, I have indeed!” I responded.

“It is less than satisfactory, to you!” she concluded, knowing what I had found and what I had been looking for.

“You could say that!” I responded, in a pragmatic voice, as I looked at her.

“That wouldn’t do, you should see Applejack about a few trees. Then you should see if any other Pony could spare what you need to get your orchard going, first thing after breakfast!” she responded.

“We certainly do know and trust Applejack, she would have a few apple trees in her orchard. Then I will be asking around for the bushes and plants to make it just right!” I responded.

Of course, the Princess had managed to whip up the breakfast for both of us while we discussed the plight of the castle grounds. She is a mighty capable Pony, I have to admit.

Maybe I should never have been surprised by how well she knew my taste? She is after all me, in a senseless kind of sense.

With my main concern vented, I could leave it by the wayside for the moment. The breakfast is a more pressing issue to me, so I dug in quietly. We could go over the details on the way, after the meal. She wasn’t the best of cooks, but she could at least make a breakfast enjoyable.

“Hope you enjoyed your breakfast, Twilight. Not all that much of a Royal treat, but it should be satisfactory!” she intoned, as she finished her breakfast and cleaned up after the two of us.

“I’m not exactly used to the Royal cuisine, so I am looking forwards to anything you could whip up for us!” I responded, smiling.

“This is the kind of food I have and how I make it, but I guess you could pick up something by the Apples at Sweet Apple Accres any time; if you would prefer their simpler cuisine!” she pointed out.

“Then I could as well bring home something from them, while we’re there!” I suggested.

-

-

-
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah!
Ah!

Oh!