Light My Heart on Fire

No Going Back

I couldn’t believe it! Michelle really has lost her mind! I ran over and yanked Hannah off of Michelle. It had taken me a few minutes to realize what was really going on before I had jumped into action. In that time frame Hannah had tackled Michelle to the ground and was punching away.

As I pulled Hannah away she kept struggling, attempting to hit Michelle one last time.

“Hannah, you got her enough times. Please calm down.” I tried to reason with her over her thrashing.

The words seemed to have done their job because she suddenly stopped thrashing about. I didn’t let go right away. One, I wasn’t sure how calm Hannah really was and two, I really didn’t want to let go of her. Hannah let her feet hit the ground and she straightened up her shirt.

“I’m okay Brian. Please, let go of me.” Hannah spoke softly.

Well, I guess now I didn’t have much choice. I slowly let go of Hannah as Michelle pushing herself up off the ground. Surprisingly neither of them made a move to attack the other one. Instead Hannah turned towards Diana.

“Tomorrow evening your shit needs to be out of here, or I’m breaking it. Fuck tenant rights, you’re not getting your thirty days. If I ever hear from you again I’m going to assume it is with some vindictive purposes and will defend myself.” Hannah squared her shoulders before walking past Diana and into the house.

I turned around to face Michelle and actually got to see the damage done. Hannah had blackened one of her eyes and busted her lip as well as a bruise forming on her cheek. Damn!

Hannah seemed so little it was hard to believe she could inflict this kind of damage in such little time. It also made me make a mental note, don’t get on Hannah’s bad side.

“Michelle, I know what you heard. Diana was just pissed off that I didn’t want to be in a relationship with her. We had sex and she expected more.” I wanted to clear the air. Only so Hannah wouldn’t be attacked again.

Michelle’s mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. Rather than respond to me she turned towards Diana.

“You slept with him! And then wanted to buddy up with me because he rejected you?!” Michelle stepped closer to Diana. “You inadvertently just helped me get my ass beat!

I shook my head and walked into the house, not wanting any part of their trivial bullshit. If they got into a fight so be it. I really wasn’t worried about one of them being harmed. Figuring Hannah would appreciate it if I shut the door so I did.

“Hannah, where are you at?” I yelled out, rather than searching the whole house.

“I’m in here.” Her voice sounded from the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen to see her washing her hands in the sink.

“Hannah, are you okay?” I asked softly.

She didn’t answer, instead continued washing the blood off of her hands. For someone who had just snapped and beat the shit out of someone she was pretty calm. Honestly, it had me a little worried.

As I went to take a step towards her a little fluff ball ran at my feet. Oh yeah, her fucking dog! This little thing hated me.

“Hey Sprinkles” I cooed, attempting to get on the dogs good side.

“Her name is Sparkles. Why are you here Brian?” Hannah asked on a sigh as she turned her attention towards me.

“Okay, I’m sorry I got her name wrong. And I came by…” I ran my fingers through my hair.

Why had I come by? Oh because I fucking missed her, wanted to see her, I wanted to hear her voice. Nevermind the fact that I’ve thought of basically nothing but her. The only times I really managed to keep her off of my mind was when I was playing guitar.

“Honestly, I fucking miss hanging out with you.”

There, no point in beating around the bush. The surprise showed on her face at my honesty. She uncrossed her arms and allowed them to fall at her side.

“Yeah well, a simple text would have worked. Instead you come here and drama seems to follow! BEfore you moved in Diana hadn’t been such a bitch.” Hannah bit out.

It was interesting, being on the receiving end of her temper again. Not to mention, now I’ve spent enough time with her I know she’s doing to just because. Well, it was her thing when she felt vulnerable or irritated. But the tones were always slightly different.

“No, Diana was always a conniving cunt she just had a hard time hiding it. Michelle was bound to find out about you. Diana overhead me talking to Zacky.” I spoke calmly, hoping it would get through her stubborn skull.

“What does Diana overhearing you talk to a friend have to do with any of this?!” She threw her hands up, allowing some frustration to show through. “None of this is making sense Brian! Why the hell was your psycho ex here and why did she swing at me?!”

Not frustration towards me, but towards the situation most likely. It was time to explain everything. Risk it all or not. I was either going to have the guts to do this now or never attempt it again.

“I was talking to Zacky about how I had a crush on someone. She overheard me telling Zacky about you.” I sighed. “As to Michelle swinging at you, she has jealousy issues. Diana filled her head with shit. My guess was to have her get rid of you because Diana is fucked in the head!”

Well, that about explains it all. It was the only thing that made sense to me as to why Diana would do such a thing. She wasn’t fully mentally stable apparently. I wish I would have known that before sleeping with her.

“Why...what? Brian, I don’t understand.” She was genuinely confused.

Okay, sometimes it’s really cute when girls don’t think they’re special, other times it could be somewhat frustrating.

“It’s not that difficult and you’re a smart woman.” I sighed, “I’m trying to tell you that I like you to the point...Well, what are you doing Friday night?”