Light My Heart on Fire

Discussion Over Coffee

Coffee! That was my only thought at this point in time. Then again I had just woken up. I sat up on the side of my bed, attempting to wake up a little bit more. No such luck. Coffee it is! I slid my feet into my Jack Skellington slippers and headed towards the kitchen. The walk down the steps was a blur.

Nothing really registered in my mind until I was in the kitchen. Sadly it wasn’t the coffee or the smell of coffee that caused my brain to go into overdrive for the day. Instead it was the male sitting at the island. Oh great! I had completely forgotten about Diana’s little guest.

“Could have at least made coffee.” I grumbled in his direction as I headed to the still empty coffee pot.
He cleared his throat, “You see, I would have, but I was told not to make myself at home.”

His comment caused me to stop mid scoop. Had he really just gotten mouthy? With me, the person who decides if he stays or not?! Rather than mouthing back to him I quietly went about making the coffee, processing his behavior. I had to admit he had some balls talking like that, but he hadn’t been wrong.

“Has Diana made an appearance yet?” I asked once the coffee began to brew. Glancing back I saw him shrug his shoulders. Then again it was Saturday morning so she was likely at work. Great, now I was stuck with Brice or whatever his name was.

“Okay listen here Luke, Diana brought you into someone else’s house without clearing it with said person first. I don’t know what you’re going through in life, nor do I care…” I turned around to see him no longer sitting at the counter, instead he was standing right behind me.

“I gathered that much last night. Now please hear me out, I’m willing to pay rent. I’ll help out around the house. As soon as I have the money to get out of your place I will. If I just so happen to push your buttons or disrespect you then feel free to tell me to get the fuck out.” He finished off, although I had started to tune him out.

Not that I had planned on tuning him out. The more he talked the more his eyes seemed to draw my attention. As he had continued to talk his eyes became an even lighter color, a medium brown. They reminded me of caramel. One of my favorite things in the world.

“Fine, rent is a thousand, bi-weekly.” I ranted off a ridiculous number. Not that I really expected him to pay that amount.

“Deal.” He smiled softly. Oh god! That smirk. No Hannah! You can not let this man effect you. “And by the way, it’s Brian not Luke.” He stated as he leaned in. For some reason I just seized up. He looked good, his eyes were mesmerizing and now he was leaning in! Oh God, he smelt like chocolate.

The disappointment I felt when I realized he was reaching for the coffee pot was indescribable. Thankfully since I have a habit of always looking like a bitch, even when I’m in a good mood I knew he couldn’t tell how I had been feeling.

Thankfully I was cursed or blessed with resting bitch face. In this case it was a blessing. I quickly pulled my thoughts together and turned to get myself a cup of coffee. This was going to be interesting while he was here. Then again I do believe Diana might be after him.

What chick willingly and thoughtlessly offers a place to stay for a guy best friend? One who is trying to get some brownie points with said guy. Great, now Diana is thinking with her vagina! Well, if it becomes a problem I’ll sit her down and talk about it.

For now I was satisfied with making myself a coffee and going about getting ready for my day.
Diana walked through the garage door, looking as though she had dressed up somewhat. Almost as though she was trying to impress someone. I bit back a smile as her eyes did a once over, looking for Brian was my bet.

“I talked to Brian about him staying earlier.” I informed her.
Her eyes widened at my no beating around the bush attitude, “Shouldn’t I have been there for that?” She questioned.

The tone of voice let me know she didn’t like that I had talked to Brian earlier. Well, she would just have to get over it. If she wanted to win his attention then by all means she could. I wasn’t looking to start anything with the guy! As a matter of fact once I got my coffee I disappeared to my dungeon. We ran into each other maybe once after that.

“You were at work it was first thing in the morning. I wasn’t going to fake any pleasantries that early in the morning. The issue has been talked out. He is free to stay here until he gets on his feet, unless he pisses me off.” At first I was irritated, but as I talked I calmed down a little more.

“Well, thank you.” Diana smiled softly before walking out of the kitchen. My guess was that she was in search of our new roommate. God, I hated the way that sounded! He better not get in my way!

Deciding not to let my thoughts linger on the chance of my privacy being disturbed I decided to go get ready. Ready for what? I was going to see about going out to the bar tonight! I was off tomorrow as well and I wanted to get out of the house for a change. It would help distract me.

Plus this way Diana would be alone with Brian and just maybe make a move. Because if she was going to play this possessive shit I was going to go insane. Then again if they end up dating they might stay in the house longer! Or things could go really well and they would both move out of the house quickly!

Either way I wasn’t fully sure how I felt about the outcomes. I’ve grown quite accustomed to having Diana around. I trusted her with my things and if she moved out it would be lonely. I would eventually feel the need to find another roommate, but I would have to find someone I trusted. I don’t openly trust!

Oh yeah, definitely a bar night since I can’t seem to get my thoughts straight and my emotions were beginning to act up. I do my best not to get emotional, over anything. Sure being happy is okay, so is being mad. It’s when other emotions began to happen when I opt out. Off to get ready for the bar!
♠ ♠ ♠
[url=http://www.polyvore.com/nightmare_before_christmas_pajamas/set?id=211721391]Hannah's Pajamas[url]

I meant to post this last night, but all three of my babies seem to have a cold and they come first! I hope you all enjoyed the update.