Light My Heart on Fire

Weekend Planning

The following month was interesting to say the least. I continued to go to work, get irritated by people who should never even think about owning any electronics. The situation at home with Brian and Diana was interesting to watch to say the least.

Diana continued to drop subtle hints that she wanted him, yet he seemed to remain oblivious. Or at least I think he was oblivious. Then again he might just not be interested and doesn’t know how to tell her. I wouldn’t want to tell the person who let me crash at their place that I wasn’t interested in them. They might get mad and kick me out!

Then again it wasn’t as though Diana really had much of a say in that. If she wanted to kick him out, but I told him he could stay it wouldn’t matter.

The days were becoming quite interesting. I’ve always been reclusive, but here lately I’ve come out of my room a bit more. Then there were times where I would stay in my room, but normally Brian would come in and see about playing the playstation.

It was strange for me to actually enjoy someone’s company, even more so a male. Even more so when I’m attracted to said male and refuse to do anything about it. Some days I have the attraction under control, other times though it’s very hard to remember how to function.

Not really difficult to remember how to function, more like sometimes the way he looks at me and the light hits his eyes just right. I think I’m doing pretty good with hiding it, then again I wouldn’t be surprised if he picked up on it. I figured I looked like a retard sometimes when I was talking and started tripping over my own words.

Why would I be tripping over my own words? I’m easily distracted by his features simply to put it. Now I can admit all of this outloud in my head, but actually voicing the thoughts. That was something completely different.

For now though we seemed to have come up with a strange friendship. A friendship based off sarcastic comments and sometimes snippy remarks. He seemed to taking my biting sarcastic personality in stride. Honestly, I gave him credit for it. Not many people could tolerate my mouth.

“Hey, do you plan on going anywhere this weekend?” Diana poked her head into my room.
Glancing back at her I turned my attention back to my book, “Not that I’m aware of. I have the weekend off.”
“Well, maybe you could go back to Devil’s Playgrouond and flirt with Mark?” She suggested before walking away.

Well that was strange. Diana never suggested I go somewhere on an off day. It was unusual and strange for her to do such a thing. Oh well, I might actually consider it. It’s been about three weeks since my last visit to the bar.

Then again since I’m curious I might just leave long enough to go get something for dinner and come back. That would give me the chance to see what she’s up too.

Before I could get back to my book my cell phone began to ring. Glancing at the caller id I scoffed a tad bit and went back to my book. I didn’t feel like talking to my mother at this point in time, I was actually enjoying my day thank you.

After a few moments of silence and reading in peace my phone beeped, letting me know I had received a text. I didn’t even need to look at the screen to know it was my mother. Realizing I needed to acknowledge her in some way I picked up the phone to check the text.

Mom: I would like 2 c my daughter

Yeah, I’m sure she would love to see me. Yes, that was sarcasm. It has been a few months since I last saw my mother so I guess I could swing by and see her at some point. I’ll probably do that rather than get dinner. Then if she starts to get to me I can use the excuse that I need to get home.

Of course, I don’t absolutely need to get home, but she doesn’t know that. I quickly responded back to her text, letting her know to expect me on Saturday afternoon. Not that she would really be ready. Anytime I gave warning once I got there I got the whole ‘oh shit! I forgot’ bullshit.

Hey Diana, I’m going to my mom’s Saturday. I’m not sure when I’ll be back.” I shouted in order for her to hear.

She would think I’m spending the whole day at my mothers since anytime in the past when I went to my mother’s house I wouldn’t come back until late. Little does she know I normally only stayed at my mom's for about an hour or two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this update took so long. I wanted this chapter to be even longer, but I ended up stuck. You can thank SarcasticNightmare for convincing me to post this. Sorry that it is so short. The next update should be done shortly. Thank you and I hope you enjoy!