Light My Heart on Fire

Divorce

It was strange how a house that once felt like a home could feel like a small prison now. Thanks to Diana and her bullshit I moved back into my house four days ago. It was odd thinking of it as just my house. Hannah had given me the chance to stay, but I had to leave.

Diana had become way too obsessive when it came to being with me. All because of a drunken one night stand. After that she had hung around hinting at wanting a relationship. At first I had told her I had no interest in a relationship, but then she had overheard me talking to Zacky on the phone.

I worked my boot over a rock, attempting to break it free of the ground. “Things are decent here. You should come over and meet my roommates sometime.” I chuckled softly at Zacky. For the past few weeks he had continued to ask if my roommates were hot.

Diana didn’t look too bad, but Hannah. Well, Hannah was a special case altogether. Something about her seemed to reach out to me. When I first started staying here she was very reclusive. So I had begun to seek her out, trying to get to know her.

Come to find out she’s really into her music, she has a whole wall dedicated to books. Sometimes during our talks I found out stuff about her that she’d accidentally let slip. Hannah, tried her best to keep herself locked away emotionally.

“I’m actually, uh, interested in one of them. The owner of the house actually.” I decided to let Zacky know.

Plus that way when he came over he wouldn’t consider making a move on her. If he made a move on her, I might end up losing it on my best friend. Not something I needed.

“I thought you said you weren’t in a place to date.”

Oh shit, that voice! I could already hear the tears and anger mingling together. Shit! I turned around to see Diana in the doorway. Before I could say anything she turned and ran off.

“Damn it! Zacky, I’m gonna have to call you back.” I hung up quickly.

This was going to be a bitch to fix!

It was great being back in the studio! Even more so with everything else that had been going on in life. Since nine A.M we’ve been in the studio working on new material. It was currently time for a break so we were all sitting around the lounge area.

“So Michelle came over to the house last night…” Matt tested the waters with the Michelle topic.

I shrugged my shoulders, “She hasn’t tried to contact me. I haven’t tried to contact her.”

“We know. Apparently your friend Diana had a little conversation with Michelle about someone named Hannah.” Matt cleared his throat a little at the end.

Great! There was no way in hell that this was going to end well. Diana, being a scorned female, getting into contact with my ex-wife, who was also scorned.

I let my head fall back in the chair, “How pissed is she?”

“Well, Val talked her into staying rather than stalking over to Diana’s and starting some bullshit.” Matt sighed.

Yup, Michelle was having another one of her jealous, possessive moments. Not necessarily good for Hannah if Diana really decided to be a bitch. I ran my fingers through my hair.

“And here I was thinking I really shouldn’t have left Hannah’s. Now I’m kind of happy that I did. L" I grumbled not bothering to correct Matt on the fact that Diana was a guest in Hannah's home.

Then again if I would have stayed who’s to say that Diana still wouldn’t have pulled the same petty crap. I should have known how this was going to end when I realized she had a thing for me.

“Did Diana mention that we slept together?”

Matt quickly sat up, “Wait! You and Diana slept together?!”

I couldn’t help but cringe. Since Diana had been in such a sharing mood I figured she would have shared that as well. Then again if she did then Michelle would try and target her.

“Matt, how do I stop this? She’s the one that requested the divorce.” It was true.

Right after my last tour as soon as I walked through the door she had accused me of cheating. After about a two hour long rant, which she wouldn’t stop and listen to me, Michelle declared she wanted a divorce.

Oh, my back hurt like hell. I couldn’t wait to be able to unwind for a little while. The guys and I have been on tour for almost a year. Before going on tour it had seemed as though I was living in the studio.

I unlocked the door and walked in. As usual Michelle didn’t greet me. I no longer felt as though this house was our home.

Michelle, I made it back!

She should still be here. It had been on the calendar for weeks now. I hadn’t received a text saying she was going to be else where tonight.

As I sat my bag down Michelle rounded around the kitchen corner. I instantly plastered a smile on my face.

“Hey babe! It’s gre…”

The look of anger on her face caused me to pause.

“Before you step any closer to me we are taking you to get tested. Who knows what the hell you’ve gone and picked up!” She rambled.

Oh shit, I knew this talk.

“Michelle, I promise you I didn’t cheat on you.” I attempted.

“No, I don’t want to hear it. I saw the live video of those women, those sluts, throwing their underwear at you. You had to be sleeping with them for them to just do that! How could you?! Have I not been a good wife?!” Michelle began to pace the floor.

Honestly it wasn’t that she was a bad wife. It was just difficult being in a marriage with someone who didn’t trust you about ninety-seven percent of the time. Most of the time when I came back from the grocery store or tour it was always this lecture. Well, not always. Only when she thought I took too long.

“Are you even listening to me?!” Michelle screamed.

My blank face must have said it all because even more anger showed on her face. What was I supposed to say? I was tired of this. Years of fighting and no improvement. I felt like I was in prison. Michelle was constantly checking through my phone, timing trips between the stores and even randomly questioning my friends.

“Why the hell do I even bother?! I’m done Brian! I can’t do this anymore. I want a divorce.” Michelle calmed momentarily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shout out to Jenna.M.Haner, fienix66613, and pennycausesdread for your comments on my last update.

All of the wonderful people listed above have stories you should check out! Another special shout out to my dear friend and editor SarcasticNightmare. She also works on stories that I highly recommend.

I hope you all enjoyed the update. Hopefully more to come. ^_^