Status: Working on it! Feedback is always great, well, sometimes.

The Bridge

Chapter Six

Everyone was gathered around the fire later that day, Blacks and Catarina had deemed it safe enough not to have someone constantly watching but they both would look towards the opening every once in a while, to check. Matt was leaning against the side wall looking at the map in the book while Natalia ate the food Catarina had prepared. She only wished she knew what it was, but then again, maybe it was best she didn’t know what it was. She had been asleep when Catarina had gone out in search for food and it had been over the fire by the time the smell had awakened Natalia.

“We need to keep moving, if someone really did kidnap my grandfather then they might know that I’m here for him. We need to get to Lucinda’s and fast. Someone could be right behind us.” Matt said closing the book and putting it in his pack.

“You are right, after you eat some food we will keep moving. Blacks and I will put out the fire and gather our things.” Catarina said as she stood and reached for her pack and sword. Blacks stood to gather his things as well. They dissembled the fired and overturned some dirt to hide that we were there. Natalia stood and stretched, Matt standing a second after her and doing the same. They both grabbed their packs and put them on then headed out the mouth of the cave behind Catarina and Blacks. Catarina stepped out first and surveyed the area. Blacks followed her after a moment and did the same. When they deemed it safe, Matt and Natalia followed them. Catarina lead the way walking through the trees and finding the right path immediately. They continued on their journey, no one talked and everyone had their eyes peeled for danger.

The group continued walking for hours taking small breaks, like the previous day, but covering more ground now that Natalia started to feel herself adjusting to constantly moving and the time difference. Between the walking and how hot it was starting to become she still felt exhausted. She started to see the exhaustion take over during their third break, she sat down heavily on a log and leaned back into a tree. She closed her eyes and instantly started to feel herself drift into a dreamless sleep.

“Nat you can’t fall asleep yet.” Matt said suddenly to her as he sat next to her. She opened one eye and peeked at him.

“Leave me alone, I’m tired” She mumbled. It had started to get warm out, a little too warm. The trees created some refuge but not enough for her. She felt gross and sticky from the sweat and heat. Matt chuckled in response to her. He grabbed her pack and shoved his inside hers. And handed the pack for her to put on. She stood slowly and threw it on her back. Matt squatted down and looked over his shoulder, Natalia was confused to what he was doing.

“Get on my back Nat. I’m giving you a piggy back ride so you can nap.” Natalia smiled and climbed on his back. She was exhausted that she for once didn’t fight him.

“Thank you” She whispered in his ear once he started walking again. She thought she could see a smile on his face but wasn’t sure. She laid her head on his shoulder then tightened her legs and arms. She closed her eyes and drifted into darkness immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its been a long time! Here's a filler, I'm working on the next chapter now! Hopefully work isn't too crazy this week so I can write. Enjoy ♡