Status: Active Updates

Ultimate Betrayal

Two

“What just happened?” Seth explodes once we’re backstage. He rushes to Stephanie and Mick’s side and winces from the pain of the fast motion. I stand right beside him, mostly as a crutch. His body is so tense, on guard. One of his hands is balled into a fist, but he isn’t going to hit anyone. He’s just so angry, and understandably so.

“I really don’t know what happened,” Mick sighs. He sounds genuine, his face pained. I believe Mick, he’s such a good guy. If he knew anything about what happened tonight, he would’ve put a stop to it.

The question was mostly directed to Stephanie. We’ve been aligned with Stephanie, and Hunter is her husband. The two had to have planned it together. Hunter wouldn’t have made the decision on his own - one person simply does not kick a person out of The Authority unless everybody’s agreed to it first. Stephanie does look surprised, but she’s a great actress. I know I’m not going to believe anything that comes out of her mouth tonight.

“Stephanie?” Seth’s voice rises.

“Seth, Raegan, I really don’t know. I had no idea Hunter would be here tonight. I know you’re distraught, and you have every right to be. We’ll figure this out next Monday, but I really have to go. I need to find my husband.” She flashes us one more apologetic look before quickly leaving the room.

I look back to Mick, who is shaking his head. “I’m so, so, sorry guys. You’ll have your rematch next week. Go get yourself cleaned up, Seth. I’ll be in touch.” Seth opens his mouth to say more, but shuts it as he looks down at me. He nods curtly. I thank Mick. He’s so kind hearted. Our loss really affected him, too.

We walk into the locker room, to give us more privacy. I’m not supposed to be in the room specifically for male talent, but it’s an exception tonight, especially since it’s cleared out. We’re the only people in here.

Immediately, Seth falls to the carpeted floor. He puts his head in his hands. “I don’t know how this happened.” His voice is muffled, but I can hear the pain in his voice.

I fall next to him. I carefully place one arm around him. My other hand grabs ahold of his wrist. His hands are hidden by his face, so I can’t exactly hold them. It breaks my heart to see him like this. “I don’t know either, baby, but it’s nothing you did. You’re incredible. The most loyal, deserving person I’ve ever met. They were absolutely crazy to do this to you.”

I wish I could do more for him. I don’t want to move him, he needs to do it when he’s ready. All I can do is hug him, even if it doesn’t feel like I’m doing enough.

We sit for what feels like hours, though it was probably just a minute or two. He groans, finally moving his head. His sad brown eyes look into my blue ones. He wraps one arm around my torso and laces his fingers with mine. “What do you think will happen to you?” He asks quietly.

“What do you mean?” Before this moment, I haven’t contemplated my future. I’ve only cared about Seth’s wellbeing. I don’t want to think about it, but he brings up a valid point. I was also part of The Authority. It’s possible I’ll lose my title next week.

“They’re going to screw you over next. I can handle my loss, but I’m not going to let them hurt you. You’ve been on the roster for two years, and this is your first title reign. You deserve to see it through.” He gets teary eyed as he speaks. He attempts a smile, but it doesn’t come out right. He kisses my forehead. “You deserve so much better.”

“Let’s not worry about that now. How about we get you cleaned up and go back to our hotel? We need to take care of you first. Tomorrow is a new day. We’ll be more rested and can think of a game plan. It’s all we can do now.”

Seth stands. He uses our linked hands to pull me up. As I stand, I get on my tiptoes to kiss him. I take his bag and pull out his change of clothes, a Glamour Kills shirt and dark jeans. I toss the clothes to him and wait for him to change. I then take his dirty clothes and stuff them inside his bag. I zip it shut.

“Hey, Rae? I really love you, you know.”

I smile, just like I do every time I hear it. “I really love you, too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I know this chapter is short, but it didn't feel right to combine two and three in an effort to make it longer. I'll update again soon (: