The Beauty in Death

Fangs and All

Johnny grinned at Zacky as he stood outside, waiting for the vampire to step out of his house for what was probably the first time in ages, unless you count his wonder when Brian first turned up. Brian was next to him and Jimmy was getting everything in the car. Their plan was to go to the beach. Zacky tried to resist going at first but all three of them teamed up against him and convinced him to go. Jimmy promised he wouldn't shout too much if Zacky went with them. Johnny offered to buy him ice cream but Brian was the one who did, refusing to sleep with him unless he came with them. Not wanting to sleep in his bed alone, he agreed but he was nervous. He carefully stepped outside, covering his eyes slightly from the sun. It felt weird to feel the fresh air. After all, he hadn't been outside probably since he had moved to his home, which was about 20 years now.

"And he's out!" Johnny grinned. "Quickly, lock the door before he tries to retreat back inside,"

Brian chuckled and locked it before throwing the keys to Johnny and taking Zacky's hand in his own.

"Try and have fun, love," He smiled, leading Zacky over to the car as he pouted. Since Johnny owned the car, he was driving and Jimmy had called shotgun so Brian and Zacky were sitting in the back.

"I hate the sun," He pouted, getting in.

"You know if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a frigging vampire, Zee!" Jimmy laughed as Johnny started the car and pulled out of the driveway but his eyes went wide when no one else laughed either. Zacky looked away nervously. "No way,"

"What?"

"You're a frigging vampire!!" Jimmy grinned. Zacky just glared at him. "That explains so fucking much! Dude, do you turn into a bat? Is Johnny your thrall? Do you prefer type A, AB negative, O or do you drink animal blood? Do vampires actually sparkle?! Can you turn into a duck?!"

"He prefers AB positive," Brian answered, making Jimmy look at him. Just as he was about to ask, Brian grinned at him. "I'm a vampire too and no, we don't sparkle unless you throw glitter over us,"

"Holy fucking shit! This is so fucking awesome!" Jimmy grinned. "I'm hanging out with vampires and a gnome!"

"You're not...afraid?" Zacky asked in a small voice. Brian looked at him. Of course, one thing they had experience over the course of their lives was how afraid humans can get, especially when confronted with the supernatural. They had been attacked many times by slayers and fearful people alike and even been burnt at the stake and hung for witchcraft.

"Nope!" Jimmy grinned. "I'm open minded and in case you haven't noticed, I'm a tad insane and the way I see, you're Zacky and Brian no matter what. I embrace who you both are, fangs and all. Beside, our very own Johnny is a gnome and everyone knows vampires are way cooler then gnomes,"

"Hey!" Johnny glared as Jimmy cackled madly. Brian looked over at Zacky and couldn't help but smile as he saw the smaller's lips curve slightly.

(***)

Zacky flopped on the sofa as Brian wondered to the kitchen and poured them both a mixture of blood and wine. He walked over and handed Zacky his glass.

"Thank you," He smiled as Brian sat next to him. Zacky slipped his before moving and curling up to him, nuzzling his neck with his nose. Brian smiled and wrapped an arm round his shoulders before kissing the top of his hair. "I'm sleepy,"

"You're adorable," Brian smiled. "Did you have fun?"

"Maybe..."

"Oh you did?"

"....Yeah but don't tell anyone... I have a reputation to keep,"

"Ah yes. The mysterious and reclusive rockstar," Brian grinned. "Very sexy,"

"Quite a few people seem to think so," Zacky replied. "But that's because they don't know how much of a nerd I actually am,"

"I think your nerdiness is endearing," Brian replied. "Plus it's useful and you've introduced me to a lot of good things like that space program with those lightswords,"

"Light sabers, Bri,"

"And what's that one with the alien guy?"

"Which alien guy?"

"The one who has a time machine and likes londoners,"

"That be Doctor Who,"

"That's the one," Brian smiled, stroking his hair while slipping his wine as Zacky leaned on him. Within minutes, he was asleep, breathing in lightly. Brian smiled softly and gently picked him up, carrying him to their room. He carefully laid him on the bed and took off his shoes before tucking him in and getting changed himself before lying down in the bed next to him. Zacky rolled over and cuddled to him in his sleep, making Brian smile softly. "I love you,"

Zacky snored lightly as Brian kissed his nose and closed his eyes.