The Beauty in Death

Are Vampires even Capable of Love

"So the vampire Vengeance resisted his nature and told you to run before attacking you?"

"Yeah,"

"And the vampire Synyster Gates pulled Vengeance off you before he could drain you?"

"Yeah,"

"And then saved your life by giving you a blood transfusion?"

"Yeah,"

"And they let you go?"

"Yeah,"

"Why?"

"In Synyster Gates' words 'We're saving your life because we're not monsters'," Matt replied, looking at the slayers, who looked just as confused as he felt. "I dug into the history of the area the vampire Vengeance has lived in. There is an average number of missing persons, there is no recorded attacks of animals, there is no unusual behavior in humans. Vengeance himself has lived in Huntington Beach for almost 50 years yet there has been no signs of a vampire living in Huntington. Vengeance himself doesn't even go outside. He uses the cover of an agoraphobic to maintain his vampire lifestyle,"

"Agoraphobic?" One of the slayers questioned.

"Someone who is afraid to go outside," He replied. "Only I don't think it's an act. I looked into their history too. Gates is the one who travels while Vengeance just.. stays in one place, hiding away from the world unless he is forced to move. Even before he met Gates, Vengeance acted this way. Records from Paris Society briefly shows that Vengeance performed for one night only in Rouge Cauchemar yet he stayed for a total of three months but reportedly never left his hotel room,"

"Why was he there for three months?"

"According to the records, he stayed due to his friendship with a young musician, who visited him in his hotel room. His name was lost to history," Matt replied. The slayers didn't recognize the name. "His relationship came to a stand when a slayer threatened the musician to get to Vengeance. The slayer processed to harm him to prove that all vampires were monsters. Vengeance resisted attacking either of them and was even prepared to die. Sadly, the musician inferred and as a result, he was mortally injured. History says he died that day but Vengeance, unable to let his friend die, turned him,"

"What happened to the slayer?"

"Vengeance killed him but only after he harmed the musician," Matt replied.

"But the identity of the musician is unknown?"

"Yeah but I think I can answer that," He replied. "It is common knowledge in both the vampire and slayer societies that Vengeance has a lover,"

"Synyster Gates,"

"Yeah," Matt replied. "Synyster is roughly 200 years younger then Vengeance and he also goes by the identity of Brian Haner, Jr, a famous guitarist from Paris. I believe that Synyster is the musician that Vengeance met in Paris. I believe they fell in love while living in Paris,"

"Are vampires even capable of love?"

"I believe Vengeance and Gates are. I believe that even after all these years, they are still very much in love with each other and maybe that has helped them hold onto some sort humanity. Neither of them kill without cause, they have donors or take from blood banks. They won't even kill animals if it can be helped,"

"What are you saying?"

"I believe that Vengeance and Gates are not a threat to us or the world," Matt concluded. "I believe they are just trying to live with a condition that sets them apart from the rest of the world and just want to be left alone and I think we should honor that,"

The slayer council looked at each other before quietly discussing Matt's suggestion before finally the head of the society stepped forward.

"We agree with you, Shadows. These vampires are clearly not the usual kind and therefore should not be treated as such. We will send word out to the other societies that Vengeance and Gates are no longer on the kill list,"

"Brilliant,"

"However, we must excise precautions therefore we ask you to stay in permanent residence in Huntington Beach,"

"Ok but why?"

"Should Vengeance or Gates ever decided to fully embrace their vampiric nature, they would need to be put down to ensure the safety of the human race,"

"I understand,"

"Good,"

"I am just to keep to myself?"

"You may do whatever you deem fit as you will remain there as long as they do,"

"So probably til i die?"

"Likely,"

"So am I technically retiring?"

"I guess you could say that,"

"Ok. Cool," Matt replied.

"But there is one last thing,"

"What?"

"You should tell them that we are 'off their backs',"

"Ok. Will do,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. Time to add Matt to the family haha xD