Status: Enjoy!

She's a Gilmore Girl

011

I flung another dress on my bed. It was a beautiful red with small white designs on it but it just didn’t seem like the dress I was looking for. I stared furiously into my suitcase. There had to be something to wear. I packed enough clothes to go to China and back. A small knock on the door caught my attention. Grandma smiled at me from the doorway. “I remember doing this with your mom the first time she had a boy come over.”
I crossed my arms and ready a retort before she caught me off. “Save it, I know you. Something has ruffled your feathers if you honestly care what you look like around family. Does someone not remember the phase of going around town in your ratty sweats? It took me weeks to get you to wear a skirt that summer.” She gestured toward the several dresses on the bed. “And now, almost magically, you are trying to pick a perfect dress.”
I shrugged sheepishly, there was no denying I was caught. “Okay, maybe I’m trying to impress a cute boy. Doesn’t matter, none of this is even remotely good enough.”
Grandma pursed her lips as she analyzed each dress. She selected the cute red one with the white designs. “Here, this one. Just put a belt around your waist and some cute white tights on with your brown boots.” She pointed at each accessory as she explained. I stood astonished, my grandma dressed me better than I could on a good day. She grinned at me. “Hurry up, everyone is starting to come.”