Status: Active!

Fall From Grace

Seventeen

It is amazing how one sentence can change everything. I crawled out of the bed and grabbed my shirt, no longer caring that Brian could see me in my bra. I wasn’t really mad at Johnny. I knew that he was with her way before he started anything with me. I just couldn’t be there at that moment.

The air in the room had suddenly thickened and I felt like I couldn’t breathe. Poor Johnny looked devastated. He had this look of shock on his face that just stayed there as he sank down onto the bed in silence.

“I can’t be here right now,” I said, walking across the room. “I’ll call you later.”

I don’t even know if Johnny heard me. If he did, he didn’t acknowledge it. It was not surprising at all that Brian had the smuggest look known to man on his face. The fact that he found this amusing proved how much of a dick he was.

I pushed past Brian and tried to make my way down the stairs. To my dismay, I could hear Brian following me. I walked faster, hoping to get out before he could catch me.

“You know, I’m still kidless if you want to dump Johnny for somebody smart enough to use a condom,” he called after me.

“Fuck you, Brian. I hope one day you can learn how to be a decent human being,” I spat at him.

I kept walking and slammed the door behind me, hoping that would keep Brian away from me. I guess he just wasn’t in the mood to bother me because by the time I got to the next block and looked back, I was alone.

I didn’t really know where I was going, I just started walking. It was just my luck that just as things were getting great with Johnny and I something had to come along and ruin this.
We could stay together, but it would probably never be the same. He’d have to be there for another girl all the time. Hell, he’d probably start liking her again once he had to spend time around her. I’d be left out in the cold.

I ended up at the mall even though I don’t remember when I decided to go there. I realized after a while that I had tears streaming down my face. I found the nearest bathroom and went inside. There were only a couple people inside so there was a free sink. I walked over to it and turned on the water, splashing some of it on my face.

I was still leaning over the sink drying my face off with a paper towel when the door opened and I heard a familiar voice talking to someone.

“No, I’m not really pregnant. I’m just getting that loser back for two timing me,” Maria to her friend as they stepped into the bathroom.

“You’re willing to let everyone to think you’re pregnant just to get someone back?” Skank number two asked her.

“Well yeah. This way, that skinny bitch he’s with at the moment won’t want anything to do with him anymore. It’s like I’m winning twice,” Maria said.

I looked up to see Maria standing in the small line that had formed talking to some blonde chick I didn’t recognize. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. How could anyone be that pathetic?

“You might want to rethink that plan, bitch” I said, turning around to face her.

“And you are?” Maria asked in a snotty voice that made me want to punch her.

“I’m the skinny bitch Johnny is dating,” I said and her eyes widened slightly, but she quickly fought to regain her composure.

“That doesn’t mean anything to me. I’m the most popular girl in school. Everyone will believe me,” she said with a stupid smirk that could rival Brian’s. Maybe they should get together.

“You are the most ridiculous person I’ve met in my life. Why would you want to try to ruin someone else’s life just for some sort of stupid revenge?” I asked in disbelief.

“I don’t have time for you right now, whatever your name is. I don’t even care,” she said to me.

“Oh my God can you believe her? Who does she think she is?” Maria said to her friend.

“I am Melanie, and I am Johnny’s girlfriend. Just because he is not with you, doesn’t mean you can be so horrible. Get the fuck over yourself and move on!” I spat at her.

With that, I turned on my heel and stormed out of the bathroom, leaving Maria standing there with a look of shock on her face. It had probably been a long time since someone had stood up to her like that, but I didn’t care.

I tried calling Johnny, but he didn’t answer. He was probably still freaking over this whole fake pregnancy thing. I knew I would have to actually go find him. Before leaving, I stopped by the cookie place in the food court and bought some chocolate chip cookies for Johnny since I knew they were his favorite. Plus, I figured he’d probably need them after all the drama.

I went to Johnny’s house but his mom answered the door and told me he wasn’t there. I decided to go look at the beach. He’d mentioned before that he liked to go there if he had a lot on his mind. Sure enough, I found him sitting in the sand. He had a very conflicted look on his face as he sat, staring out over the water. He was really taking this thing hard and I was glad I got to be the one to deliver the good news.

“Hey,” I said softly as I sat down beside him.

He grunted in response and didn’t look at me. It kind of made me feel sad to see him so upset.

“I ran into that skank Maria at the mall today…” I trailed off, hoping to get some reaction out of Johnny. He still refused to look at me.

“She made up the whole pregnancy thing just to get back at you,” I told him.

Finally, Johnny met my eyes. He was practically glowing as the new piece of information sank in.

“Really?” he asked.

I nodded at him and smiled at how adorable he looked with his humongous smile on his face.

“I’m so happy to hear that!” He yelled before tackling me to the sand in a big hug.

“Johnny!” I screeched before bursting into a fit of laughter that he soon joined in on. That went on for a few minutes before he sat up and his face turned serious again.

“I was so afraid that you would break up with me if she was pregnant,” he said quietly.

I moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He put his head down on top of mine and wrapped his arms around me.

“Johnny, it’ll take a lot for me to give up on you now. Because, well, I’m falling in love with you.” I laughed a little. "I never thought I'd say those words to you."

For a moment, Johnny just looked at me. After what seemed like ages, he finally spoke.

“I can’t even describe what it feels like to hear you say that, Melanie. I’ve wanted more than just dating random girls for a while now, and I’m so glad that I finally found someone that I can have that with. I’m so glad that it’s you. Because truthfully, I’ve begun to feel the same way, I just didn’t want to scare you. It means the world to me that you feel the same way.”

During his little speech, my stomach went crazy with butterflies. That feeling just intensified when Johnny lightly touched my face before leaning forward and slowly pressing his lips to mine. My heart was racing like crazy when he pulled me closer to him and let his arms wrap around my waist tightly. When he finally pulled away, I could barely breathe. I couldn’t help but smile as he let his forehead rest against mine.

“That was the single most amazing thing I have ever experienced in my life,” Johnny said, laughing a little in amazement.

“Indeed, it was,” I agreed.

“Are those chocolate chip cookies?” Johnny questioned, grabbing the box that was sitting next to us on the ground.

“They are and they are all yours,” I said.

“You’re amazing,” he said simply, before tearing into the box of cookies.