Kiss

chapter one

Christmas Night
Brendan walked on my left, both of his hands stuffed into his hoodie pockets. I had pushed one of my hands though the gap between his arm and his body, huddling beside him as we walked in the rapidity falling snow. The bag with the presents on his back swayed in the wind. I held a tin filled with various kinds of cookies in my right hand. The cheap glove kept the snow off my fingers, but did little to prevent the sting of the cold, Christmas wind.

“I hate that you had to park so far away,” I grumbled. I shivered in the cold. Flakes of snow landed on my face, some managed to land on my neck under my zipped-up jacket.

“We didn’t get here soon enough to get a good parking space; blame your family for getting here before us or blame yourself,” Brendan said. “You’re the one that wanted to have that last quickie.”

“Are you complaining?”

“Not particularly,” he said with a smirk.

The wind picked up. I took a big step into at least a foot of snow. I could feel myself start to fall. I latched onto Brendan as I tried to steady myself. My heart jumped out of my chest as we both stood, absolutely still, in the cold wind.

“You okay?” he gruffly asked me.

“Yeah. I think so.” I took a deep breath. “I knew I kept you around for something.”

“Besides sex?”

“Well, that too-”

“HEY, LOSERS, HURRY UP!” I rolled my eyes at the sound of my younger cousin, Beth, shouting above the wind. I could see her standing in the doorway of my grandfather’s house; could see her brightly colored sweater and tights. “WE WANNA EAT BEFORE NEW YEARS!”

Brendan and I exchanged a look, and together we rolled our eyes. He placed a soft kiss on my temple, his cold lips doing nothing to warm me, and then we continued on our way.

“Are you ready for this?” he asked me.

“No, are you?”

“Not really,” he answered honestly. I laughed.

“We can be not ready together then.”

Brendan heartily laughed. Something about the sound made my stomach twist; something about it made me feel like I was floating. I chewed on my bottom lip as we reached the stairs. Brendan gently pushed my forward, letting me take the slick stairs first.

“To not being ready,” Brendan softly said. I titled my head back and laughed as I reached the top stair.

“To not being ready,” I repeated to myself, barely above a whisper.

Let’s get this damn night over with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well... here we go. I haven't posted something original in a while, so... yeah.

The chapters aren't going to be posted in chronological order. I wanna try something new, so that's why. Here's to hoping it works!

Reccs/comments/subs are greatly appreciated!