The Giver

Prologue

Flashback


"Goodbye. I'll see you next week," I said to Mrs. Grimm, who had just gotten to her apartment door.

"Goodbye sweetheart." She waved to me.

I walked to my door, a small opening, let me catch a glimpse of the living room. My breath drew faster and my hands started to shake, I looked back to see if Mrs. Grimm was still in the hall. I can do this. Get the phone and call dad. Taking a step in the apartment, I held onto the door taking off my shoes, trying to be as quiet as possible.

I turned into the kitchen looking at the empty phone hook. Living room. Walking closer to the living room I heard the front door bang close and a familiar yell. From where I stood I could see the back of a male staring at my shoes. Placing my foot back, I hurried into the kitchen where another door blocked his way.

"Where are you?" The man called out.

I scramed to the back door, rushing to unlock it, pushing my way out onto the balcony. I wave my hands to the people in the pool area below. I glanced into the house and see the man at the start of the stairs, waiting until he was at the top; I turn back to the pool.

"Help! Help! I can't get out!" I screamed, the people look up only to look away.

"Please there is someone in my apartment! Help! " Still nothing.

By that time the man came back down the stairs, he enters the kitchen less than five feet from me.

I turned to the balcony, each footfall making my heart beat faster. Climbing the wall, glancing behind my shoulder. Leaping off the edge, harsh wind against my face. The screams filled my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!

Have a wonderful day/night!