What Happens at the Beach

Let's Call it a Day

"So, we're still cool?" I asked Hannah hopefully. Hannah nodded with her wonderful smile. We both worked in the same station today. Normally we would have to text each other to talk. But Guy said we could work in the same tower for a while.

"Yea. I couldn't leave you completely alone with Tom!" She laughed. I chuckled and looked over to where Tom and Bill had their towels and stuff laid out, about a kilometer from us. I was a damn big beach.

"So are they just going to stay here for our whole shift?" I asked staring at them. Hannah looked at them too. Her hand was above her eyes to block out the sun.

"I hope. Just in case you take the car again." Hannah teased. I smiled back. "So how did you meet up with Tom exactly?"

"Well, I was sitting in the break building and I was talking to Blake. Then he went into the vending machine room, and I was sitting on the chair on its two back legs. Then I saw Tom in the door way and the chair tipped and I spilled my pop on me. Then he pulled me to the water." I said, scanning the water before looking back to Bill and Tom.

Hannah nodded. She sighed and put her hands behind her head, and rested against the metal pole. We had a small disagreement about who got to sit in the red plastic seat that was actually on the tower. I won. She had to sit in the sand down below.

"So, do you think they are stalking us?" I asked. Hannah smiled and thought about it.

"Maybe. We can ask later. But right now they are just enjoying the sun and some hot chick." She said looking up at me. What chick!

"What! Where is she?" I said, jumping out of the chair and looking for the girl Tom and Bill was looking at.

"I meant you stupid!" Hannah laughed. I sighed and sat back down.

"You got me SO worried for nothing." I wiped my fore head.

"Can you believe this?" Hannah said as she looked at the whole beach and the water.

"What?" I asked, trying to look for what she was looking at.

"It's a Saturday afternoon and nobody is here except Bill and Tom. And the life guard staff." She told me. I looked at every one who worked here. Mel was sitting in her wonderful shaded concession stand reading a book, with Tif, another staff member, texting right beside her. Inside the break room, Phil and Guy were talking, and Phil was on the computer. In a station a little ways down, Blake was sleeping on the sand. James was covering him with sand. James is another life guard.

"Thats just messed up. Guy and Phil should let us come inside. It's like, fricken 90 degrees out here! And thats in American temperature."

"In American temp it's about 80 out. Or 85." Hannah pointed out. "Go ask if we can go inside!"

I jumped out of the tower, with my arms flailing. I landed in the soft warm sand and jogged up to the building. I opened the door and cold air swept me back a little bit. I stepped inside and closed the door. Phil gave me a disgusted look. I looked at myself. My whole body had a layer of glossy sweat.

"Um, hallo. There is no one here and we are all suffering out there. Can we come inside?" I said. Guy pushed me aside and looked out the door at every one. He frowned.

"Get those two guys out of here and we'll call it a day. Phil, no one is here except two guys." Guy said looking at Phil. He got out of the chair and looked around. He shrugged.

"Ja, bring them in. They could probably hang out here for an hour or so. If no one is here by 4 o'clock, we'll just send them home I guess." He said. "Steph, is a sleeping Blake covered in sand?"

"Ja, James did that." I giggled.

"Ok, you can go and tell everyone to come in."

"Can Bill and Tom come." I asked shyly.

"Who? Are they boyfriends?" Phil asked. I shrugged.

"I guess...."

"Sure, let them in." I giggled and ran out back to Hannah.

"Go get every one, we get to go inside. I'll get all the guys over there. Phil said that Bill and Tom can come inside!" I said in one breath. I ran over to James, who was sitting against the pile of sand covering Blake.

"Hey, Phil and Guy said to bring it in. If we don't have any people here by 4 that we can go home." I said. He looked up.

"What time is it now?"

"It's around 2:30. Wake up Blake." I started to walk over to Bill and Tom.

"What the fu-" I heard. I turned around. Blake was trying to sit upright, and he was yelling at James. James was laughing his head off.

"Hey Steph." Tom said. I smiled. Bill looked up and covered the sun out of his eyes with his hand. I don't think he had seen me to well before.

"Hi. We are all going to go inside and Phil wants you guys to come in too." I said squatting beside him.

"In the building?" Bill asked. I nodded and turned around. Blake was now half covered and James was slowly walking backwards to the building watching Blake struggle. Hannah, Mel and Tif were all trudging their way through the sand up to the building.

"Come on." I pulled Tom up, or tried to. The next thing I heard was shouting and splashing. I looked back again. Blake had gotten free and tackled James into the water. James' red life guard muscle shirt was soaking wet. Blake kept shoving his head under water. I laughed and James trying to break free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! As Hannah said, I am leaving for Denmark.

GASP! OMG! I know! horrible right? Not for me! Do you know how close Denmark is to GERMANY!
I'm leaving on Sunday night. I'm be gone for 18 days. I don't know how much I'll be able to get online, but I'll have enough time to check comments and stuff. I probably won't be able to update so you'll need to beg Hannah for more updates.

Yes, I do realize this update was boring and worthless.