What Happens at the Beach

The Worst Type of News

I giggled every time Tom walked. I looked back at Tom, then something hit my shoulder and below, and I fell to ground.

"Owie!" I screamed. I just walked into the door way. Hannah refused to drink. Phil and Guy already left, and said that we had to wait for people to come, or we left at 4. They left around 3:30. Tom and Bill left already. They were both not drinking to much. Blake said he wanted to see his girlfriend, he left at 3:40. Tif left around 3:50 to go shopping. Hannah asked James if he needed a ride home, because he was the drunkest.

"No! Psssshhh! I'm drivable!" He said, stumbling a bit. I laughed really hard. Hannah glared at me.

"What? He said; DRIVABLE! And he said PSSSSSSSHHHHHH!" I laughed. James put his hands on his hips.

'I 'pssssssshh' better then you can!"

"Psssssshhh! What are you talking about?" I said, flailing my finger around.

"James, are you sure you don't need a ride? It's ok if you do." Hannah said. James shook his head violently. I turned to leave the building and I ran into the door frame again. Hannah helped me up.

"James, let me lock up, you aren't capable." Hannah said. James shrugged and zoomed out the door. He fell down in the sand. He sat up and looked at the ocean. Then he passed out. I sang loudly and horribly out side. Hannah finished locking up and led me to the car. She pushed me in the back seat and made sure I was buckled in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The next morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Steph! We're already late!" Hannah screamed.

"Stop it! My head hurts!" I shouted back. I clumsily put my eye liner on and I grabbed some toast, water and an aspirin. I swallowed the aspirin, along with the water. Then I devoured the toast. I got in the car next to Hannah.

"Work started 5 minutes ago and we haven't even left the house." She said, backing out of the driveway.

When we got to the beach, there was a CLOSED sign on the entrance. I looked over at Hannah. She stared into my eyes. We climbed over the fence and ran into the sand. It was the kind of day that the sky was gray. There was rain the lightly drizzled our faces. The waves in the water were huge, and a dark gray-ish blue.

The door to the break building was opened. We walked in slowly. Mel was crying, sitting on chair. Blake had a straight stare at the floor, leaning against the desk. Tif had her arm around Mel, and her eyes were watery. Guy leaped up and held Hannah by her shoulders at arms length.

"Oh, thank god. I though you two were missing too." He pulled Hannah into a hug. Phil had this sorrow look in eyes. Guy pulled away from Hannah. His eyes were blood shot from worry.

"What happened?" I asked, worried. Blake scratched the back of his next, and a tear ex caped his eye. Mel sobbed louder at the question.

"James is missing." Phil said.