What Happens at the Beach

Lack of Blood

Steph

It was all to fast for me. I couldn't live with myself like this forever. Me and Hannah were sitting in our kitchen, mourning the loss of James.

"Uh...Hannah?" I gulped. She looked at me, her stare was blank.

"What?" She said with a dull voice.

"I'm...going to the bath room." I got out of my chair and walked back wards to the stairs. Hannah shrugged, and stared at the floor. I slammed the bath room door shut, and made sure to lock it.

I ran my fingers through the drawers under the sink, finally coming across it. It was a blade. Sharp and shiny. I hadn't used it in a while, actually I hadn't used it in a few years.

I sank down to the floor, holding the cold blade between my fingers. Each time I brought it near my skin, I would start to cry, and my body shook violently. Finally, it broke through my skin. The blood seeped through the thin slice. The bead of blood ran down the under side of my arm, and dripped on the floor.

Each cut was deeper, but I couldn't draw myself to slice the blade in far enough. I small pool of blood was on the tile floor, and my jeans and shirt were blood stained.

"This time..." I whispered to myself, as the tears poured out of my eyes. This time...this time...this time... I thought to myself over and over. This time...I won't be afraid.

I pushed the blade into my skin deeply. I let out a cry of pain.

"Steph? Are you still in there? What are you doing?" Hannah called out from the other side of the door. I shook my head to my self, pulling the pain out of my arm.

"Hannah! I can't do it! I can't! I just...I'm sorry!" I sobbed.

"Stephanie! What are you doing? Let me in!" Hannah shouted, nearly crying.

"No you'll ruin it. You'll let me live. I can't let myself live!" I screamed. I heard Hannah run away, and when she was gone, I put the blade back in my wrist. Deeper then before. And before I could keep going, Hannah unlocked the door.

I jerked my head to look at her, standing in the door way. Shocked.

"Stephanie...why?" She cried, as she saw the puddle of blood. I saw the tear lines down her cheeks. I shook my head, over and over. Finally, with the lack of blood, (which was all over the bath room floor,) I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I could update!