What Happens at the Beach

How About Friday?

Stop distracting me, people are swimming. I could get fired from texting. I texted to Tom, who wouldn't stop texting me telling me how hot of a body I have. I put my phone on my lap and looked out into the water. A couple were splashing each other, the man grabbed the woman around the waist from behind and swung her around. The woman laughed, and tilted her head back and kissed his neck. So cute.

My lap started to vibrate. Another text. I flipped my phone open to see who it's from, even though I expect it from Tom. It was from Hannah.

Is Tom texting u? It said.

Non stop, u? I quickly texted. Another text came after I pressed send.

I'll stop if you agree to come hang out with me sometime? It said from Tom.

Fine, I work everyday but I get off at 6. I text. I look back up at the couple that were splashing and kissing. They looked young, maybe 25 and 27? But now the woman's hands gripped the mans butt, and the man had his hands on her lower back, and they were deeply kissing.

"Aww." Escaped my lips. Another text.

Yea, Bill keeps txting me too. From Hannah.

How about Friday, I'll pick you up from work. From Tom.

OMG! From me to Hannah.

Wat? From Hannah.

Tom just asked me out! Wat do I say? From me to Hannah.

Tell him you'll think about it.

Um, let me think about it. I said to Tom.

Fine, let me know by Thursday. Bye Tom.

We should stop texting, I see some little kids out there, they don't look like strong swimmers. Hannah.

Yea, kk. If they need help I'll get it. I text.

Kk, but thats not in either of our area's, I think it's in Jacks. Hannah. Jack was another new employee.

He better be paying attension. I put my phone away and looked at the young couple again. Now they were laying on a beach towel kissing. I scanned my area of the beach. Each life guard on duty was assigned a different area to keep watch. Each tower had it's own planned area. Each area was in easy view from the tower.

"Excuse me, Stephanie? Here you go." Said a girl in a life guard shirt. She handed me a wrapped ice cream cone and a bottled water. She was carrying all of it in a blue cooler on wheels.

"Do I get this every day?" I asked her. She nods.

"Yes, once a day at 4. If it's really hot out we'll bring it out twice, and 2 and at 4." She said. "I'm Mel by the way. I normally work concession's. I think you work with me on Friday with Hannah."

"Yea, we do." I opened the water and took a large gulp and gasp from its cold-ness."Danke schön." Mel smiled and kept on going, wheeling her cooler to Hannah's station.

I looked at the beach again. This time there was an elderly couple walking along the shoreline, holding hands. The old guy said something to the lady smiling. She laughed and pushed him a little bit. The guy laughed, so loud I heard it. It was one of those laughs, that is so heart warming, that you end up smiling.

Text message from Tom. Do you have an answer yet?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=LOVE