What Happens at the Beach

Perfect

The whole week went really, really, really slow. And when you know you're going out with a famous pop/rock star. I did text a yes to Tom later that Monday, after Hannah convinced me. Like, she was trying to get me out of the house. Tom was happy though.

Thursday a little 9 year old boy was drowning, and almost died. So we got the rest of the day off, since the whole staff was needed and it was a scary experience for us all. We even needed the AED.

So that afternoon Hannah helped me get ready for Friday. I told her he was picking me up from work, so she just figured he was probably taking me to dinner and a movie. So she picked out nice skinny jeans and a tight black tank top with colorful prints and designs on it.

Friday was a long LONG long day. Nothing happened. Only a few people were at the beach, most of them tanning. But me, Hannah, Blake and Mel were all working concessions, (in the beautiful shade.) Except Blake was being really funny. But Hannah was a little giddy, and she kept bouncing her leg as if she were just a tad nervous.

"Hey." Said the familiar voice. Tom. Hannah was smiling at me, and winked.

"Hi. I don't get off work for another half hour." I said, Blake and Mel got quiet behind me in the chairs they were sitting in. Mel turned down the radio that we were listening to.

"I know, I wanted to see you a little early. I'll just sit over there and stare at you." He smiled and walked away casually. I turned to face Mel and Hannah. Hannah had her hand against her mouth trying to stop herself laughing. Mel was wide eyed, with her mouth dropped.

"Was that Tom Kaulitz?" She whispered. I smiled and nodded.

"Yea, we're going out tonight." I giggled.

"What are you doing?" Blake gasped.

"Huh?" I looked down at my empty hands.

"He means still here?" Mel said, and Blake nodded.

"Again......huh?" I said confused.

"Go, you only have 25 minutes left, just go. Guy and Phil won't mind. Go have fun." Mel said shooing me out of the small building.

"Oh! Hold on." I said, digging through my bag. "Hannah, catch."

She caught the car keys I lightly threw.

"Danke." She said shoving them into her pocket. I grabbed my large, beach bag purse and went to the bath room to change my clothes. I ran out to Tom.

"Out early?" He asked, standing up.

"Um, yea. Ready?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed my hand leading me to his car. I walked over and got into the passenger seat.

"So, you up for dinner?" Tom asked. I nodded, and sat in silence the whole ride to a (fancy) restaurant. Like, really expensive and with the piano player and the waiters with the suits.

"I knew I under dressed." I said putting my hand against my forehead.

"Nein, you look perfect."