Status: Rewrite of She Makes The Room Go Boom Boom Boom!

You're All I've Got Tonight

One.

Thunder and lightning clashed with one another repeatedly causing the building Kelsey Walsh was working in to shutter in the slightest. The dark, almost black storm clouds made the office she was in extra dark, but she loved it. Rain pounded against the windows, barely letting her see out of them. She wished she was outside enjoying the storm, but she was stuck inside finishing up an article that wasn't even assigned to her.

Letting out a loud groan that was muffled by another loud clap of thunder, Kelsey decided it was well past time for a break. Gathering her messenger bag, she quickly got to her feet and stretched, groaning again as her back popped in three places. After making sure she saved her progress she then made her way out of her office and down the hallway to go outside for a smoke break.

"Is it really worth getting drenched?" One of the kiss-ass employees asked sarcastically as she passed him.

"Would you rather me snap your neck instead?" She shot back just as sarcastically.

The guy's face flushed and he quickly went back to his game of solitaire. Kelsey smiled to herself and flung the glass door open to step outside. She quickly pulled out a cigarette and lighter, slowly exhaling her first hit. The nicotine hit her quicker than she expected; she leaned against the building wall to keep herself up.

About half way through her cigarette, she heard muffled bickering inside. Thirty seconds later the door flung open slightly harder than she had made it.

"...stupid idiot!"

Kelsey looked to her left as her old college roommate and still best friend Maggie joined her.

"Kiss-ass making your life hell too?" Kelsey asked, offering Maggie a cigarette.

"You have no fucking idea dude, " Maggie mumbled while she lit her cigarette.

Kelsey nodded silently and focused back to the pouring rain just a few feet away from the pair.

"That little pissant needs to get laid or get fired," Maggie went on. "He's so fucking annoying!"

"I know. So does the little bitch who can't seem to finish her own work before cutting work early to go clubbing."

"Miranda is having you cover for her again?!"

Kelsey nodded.

"Dude that's like the sixth time this week alone!"

"I know," Kelsey muttered.

"Why do you keep covering for her? You know you won't get the extra cash from it."

"She's using that time she caught me smoking a joint against me man. As much as I hate this job, I need it to survive, barely ," Kelsey sighed deeply.

"Yeah well. She still can't get away with doing that shit to you."

"Well she has been so.." Kelsey shrugged and tossed away what was left of the cigarette.

XxxxxX

Before Kelsey knew it, the day was finally over. It was still stormy out but it didn't matter to her, she was just glad it was quitting time. She quickly logged out of her stuff so she could log into Miranda's email and submit the article. As much as she didn't want to, she pressed send and shut down her computer.

Kelsey wished she could just up and quit with a better job to fall back on but she hadn't had much luck yet. With a sigh and shake of her head, she grabbed her stuff and headed out into the hallway. After locking her door she made her way down to Maggie.

Had it not been for Maggie working with her this whole time, she would have never accepted the job period. Nobody at the company was like either girl. Both girls had tattoos and piercings where everyone else was clean cut. The abnormal hair colors and I don't take shit from anybody were the only thing setting them apart from the rest. Sure the manager had threatened to fire each girl, but after watching their work ethics and seeing how well they excelled in their professions, he had no choice but to keep them working.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!!!" Maggie shouted repeatedly as Kelsey came up to her.

Kelsey groaned as her best friends hands latched onto her shoulders, "Ugh what?"

"You remember that one article you wrote about one of your favorite bands?!"

"The one I told you to never touch?"

Maggie beamed with joy, "Yes!"

"What the hell did you do?!"

"Sent it in to Revolver fucking magazine and guess what! "

"Damn it Mags, I said leave it the hell alone!" Kelsey groaned.

"We've got a chance to tour around with Avenged fucking Sevenfold,!" Maggie squealed with delight, laughing at the shocked expression on her best friends face.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a filler chapter and the guys aren't in it...yet. As promised, its 10 PM here so I met my deadline yay!

I would have posted sooner but I've been enjoying my Star Wars weekend lol.
Happy Revenge of the Fifth! Haha.