Status: Rewrite of She Makes The Room Go Boom Boom Boom!

You're All I've Got Tonight

Four.

Practice left a very good impression with both Maggie and Kelsey. Neither girl ever had the chance to be behind the scenes and they were loving every minute of it.

"Just wait 'til showtime," Jason had said before running up to Jimmy's drumset.

Both girls shared an equally confused look but shrugged it off. Practice lasted a while longer before the guys eventually decided they were ready for food.

"Chinese it is then," Matt concluded after a heated argument over what everyone wanted. "Although that would be much better for dinner."

"How about pizza?" Kelsey suggested, knowing it would fill the guys up but not so much they would want to end their first show early due to being full and tired.

Everyone looked at her and grinned, "Yes!"

"You get to put the order in though," the lead singer shot her an evil grin.

"Ooh no, I don't do phone calls, but I'll totally pick the food up."

"Yeah shes never been much of a fan of having to converse with people over the phone," Maggie added shrugging.

"Oh fine," Matt had sighed dramatically, "You win this time at least."

Kelsey shot him an amused grin. She watched as he walked away from the loud conversations around the group and focused on Jimmy once Matt was out of sight.

"I'm sorry for blowing up on you the way I did. Its just I threw my job away to do this. I can't lose this job too or I'm fucked."

Jimmy pulled her into a hug, "I'm sorry too, I had no idea she wasn't a drinker or I would have told her no. I promise it won't happen again."

"It's ok Jimmy. "

"But I do really like her, as crazy and fast as it may seem," Jimmy went on once they separated, "I would never intentionally hurt her or get you guys kicked off."

Kelsey nodded. Before she could say anything more, Matt had stepped back into view behind Jimmy.

"You and someone leave in about fifteen minutes to pick up the food."

"Someone?" Kelsey groaned and rolled her eyes when he yet again shot her an evil grin.

"I'll go with you if you want," Jason shrugged.

"Don't you have stuff to do here though?"

He shook his head no, "Everything's taken care of. Besides Matty can cover for me if something comes up and it would be better for your sake to take me unless you want to deal with crazy fans."

"I'd rather not have to deal with them, I just didn't want you to get in trouble for disappearing for a bit," Kelsey shrugged. "But I've got no problem with you coming along."

Jason smiled and turned to the lead singer with his hand out.

"What?" Matt asked.

"Money for the food?" Jason stated.

A mock groan escaped past Matt's lips while he fished his wallet out. Kelsey snorted at their silent interactions.

"Don't get lost this time," Matt muttered and handed Jason a credit card.

On the way out of the room, Kelsey asked Jason what he meant about not getting lost this time.

"Oh that?" Jason laughed as they hit the front doors, "Matty and I went for food once in this city that we had never been to before. Took us like five hours to finally get back to the guys."

Kelsey laughed, "You didn't think to watch street names or something?"

"No we were beyond trashed and hungry."

"Nice," she laughed again.

"Oh yeah we got our asses chewed 'cause everyone was hungry and had a show to do. They had to use other techs. It was a bad day, "he chuckled.

"Sounds like it," she giggled. "Lucky for us though, the pizza shop is right around the corner from where everyone's at."

Jason nodded, "Exactly."

XxxxxX

While everyone was stuffing their faces, the girls got to know everyone a bit better. Between tour stories and random mishaps-like the Berry boys getting lost for five hours- the girls felt right at home. They even shared some of their stories while in school and odd jobs between classes. None topped the band's stories though.

"Oh! How about that one time when that douche got ahold of your camera and you went psychotic on his ass?" Kelsey remembered while she was throwing away her trash.

"Oh right, he cried for like a week straight after that, " Maggie giggled, lifting a shoulder to shrug.

"What happened?" Zack asked.

"We were out somewhere for an assignment and this moronic bastard wasn't allowed to even look at a camera. He was pissed because nobody would let him take a picture of some stupid animal doing something random. I have to take a piss so I leave my camera just outside the ladies room, do my business come out and its gone!

I happen to notice the moron is now in possession of a camera and is handling as if it were a fucking toy and completely lose my shit. An hour later, he's being checked out by paramedics suffering a bloody, broken nose and a busted lip. I got thrown out of the class but was able to make it up later on," Maggie concluded with a shrug.

"Needless to say, don't fuck with Maggie's shit," Kelsey laughed.

"Or suffer the consequences," Maggie added sweetly.

----

Kelsey found herself perched on top of the roadies' van watching the sun set. It was gorgeous to say the least littered in oranges, purples and pink colors. There were a few clouds scattered about, but for the most part the sky was clear. A joint lazily hung between her lips barely lit, she was more focused on the sunset than the joint.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

Kelsey jumped and almost lost her joint. She hadn't been expecting anyone to find her up on the van, "Yeah it is." She watched Zack sit by her, leaving plenty of space nobody would suspect he was with another girl had anyone realized he was up there.

"Mind if I take a hit off that?" He asked referring to her now burnt out joint.

"Oh yeah sure go for it," she passed it to him, "You'll have to relight it though."

His fingers brushed hers lightly,but she still was able to feel the calluses on his fingers from playing a guitar for years.

"You'll want to keep your stash out of sight from the guys or they'll smoke you dry," Zack chuckled through a cloud of smoke.

Kelsey laughed as well, "I don't mind sharing as long as they help out too if that ever happens."

"Oh they'll get you more, its just Jimmy and Johnny are the worst out of us all."

"I kind of figured," Kelsey giggled.

Zack nodded.

"How's things with Gena? I know Maggie and I got off to a horrible start with her and I'm sorry for that."

Zack took a minute to think of an answer.

"I'm sorry that was a personal question," Kelsey smacked herself in the forehead.

"No it's ok," he sighed. "We're taking a bit of a break so she can sort her shit out. I'm not allowing her on this tour until she can get over herself and realize I'm not going to sleep around as she claims."

Kelsey nodded, "She should know that already."

"You'd think, but she's not that way unfortunately. Hell I told her when we first met and she was doing my hair that I was in a band and we're always on the road. At first she was fine with it, but then she just changed."

"I'm sure she'll get over it eventually."

"I fucking hope so. It gets old after so long being accused of stupid shit that the media either starts or some jealous fan wants to spread rumors."

"That doesn't sound very fun."

Zack looked over at her and she felt lost in his gaze, "Believe me it's not."

They stared at each other for what felt like forever but really was less than a minute. Zack's phone ringing broke their gaze, he groaned and Kelsey quickly focused on her hands.

"Speak of the devil," he muttered as he rose to his feet, "Hey baby what's up?"

Kelsey quietly excused herself so he could talk in private with Gena.

"Ooooo puttin' the moves on the green eyed hottie?" Maggie asked just as Kelsey's feet hit the concrete.

"God no! I was watching the sunset and smoking by myself. He obviously smelled the smoke and decided to join me."

Maggie threw her hands up in defense, "I was just joking."

"I know, I was just saying," Kelsey shrugged, "besides hes still with Gena. Well on a break but still."

"It's ok Kels, I was just giving you shit. Besides it seems to me like you've taken a liking to a certain drum tech," Maggie pointed out, causing Kelsey to blush, "And might I add a very hot one at that. You should do something about that."

"Maggie!" Kelsey groaned.

"What? I'm just stating the obvious."

"It's not happening,besides I'm sure he's got a girlfriend."

Maggie grinned, "That's where you're wrong my dear Kelso. He's very much single and likes you as well."

"Please don't," Kelsey sighed.

"Aw come on he seems like a really great guy. You'd be cute together," Maggie shrugged, "Besides if you can't get your hands on your favorite guitarist for fear that it'll be all over the internet and further, why not go for someone a bit less famous and wait for said guitarist to either wise up or move on."

"I'm not gonna use someone to get to someone else that's just fucked up!"

"Eh, maybe so but you need to get laid."

"Yeah well tough shit. I won't break someone's heart just to catch the eye of another guy."

Maggie nodded, "Then go for the guy who's unattached. If at some point in the future your main crush wises up and ditches the bleach blonde skank and you feel you want to see what it's like to be touched by a band member, go for it."

"I'm not here to ruin anyone's lives ok? I'm here to write about this tour."

"But-"

"No Maggie I won't be like you and sleep with at least one of the members of this fucking band! I'm not about leading guys on and then telling them to fuck off later on. Besides Maggie, what happens once we go back to our normal everyday lives?"

"Fine," Maggie muttered. "You can stop yourself from living life to the fullest on this tour but you won't stop me from doing so."

"I'm just saying don't get too attached."

"No, it's ok. I know what you're saying."

Kelsey rolled her eyes, "I'm just saying don't get too attached."

"I'll worry about myself, you worry about yourself."

"Says the one telling me to use one guy to get to the other, " Kelsey snorted causing Maggie to laugh.

"I know I'm sorry. I just can tell you really like Jason and Zack. He's unavailable of course so why not go for Jason?"

"This tour just started for one and two neither guy knows I exist. They're just being nice because they have to."

Maggie shook her head, "Jason notices you. Any time you're near him, he like lights up. Same when someone mentions your name. It's so icky it's cute."

"Whatever you say."

"I'm serious, " Maggie said, just as Jason came into view.

Kelsey noticed her watching someone and looked over her shoulder. He grinned at her but quickly looked away when Maggie shoved her shoulder.

"See?!"

"Shut up," Kelsey muttered. An involuntary smile appeared on her face though and she was glad her back was to her best friend. She caught Jason's eye and smiled back at him. Maybe she would take some of Maggie's advice.

Maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meant to post this last night, sorry!
Thank you for the comments! Welcome new readers!
I know it's going slow, but building up is so much more fun than just jumping right into stuff in my opinion haha..