Destruction, Transformation, And Power

Jazzmin's P.O.V

I never had a great life. Depression. Heartbreak. Unloyalty. Backstabbing. You name it. But really, what person has a great life these days? My life was going all wrong. When I was 10, my parents got drafted off to the military. Never seen them since... until now. As dead as they could ever be. See, I'm 20, and one destructive day changed my life, forever.

I was 15 years old when it occurred. It was December 25th. Christmas night. It was very foggy. Everything was going swell. Until my uncle and little brother were killed with something black. It was thick and liquidy. I never knew what it was. I was shocked. I turned around, and there were two alienated zombies at my door. I stood appalled. Too astounded by the view. They left without doing harm to me.

I grabbed my coat and left to my best friend's house, Amber. She wasn't there. Her sisters, mom, dad, and boyfriend lay dead on the ground. Same scene as at my house. I ran back outside. There was war all of a sudden. I was too confused. Why didn't they kill me? Where is Amber? I kept running until I got to a school. The name? Chatsworth High School.

The whole city was there. I walked around and watched in horror. I saw people dead on the ground. In people's arms. I saw people struggling to keep alive. The view was horrible. Dead people. People crying. Chaos. I had to get my mind to keep up with my feet. And that’s when I saw them.

Amber, Anthony, Maggie, Nelson, and Jason. Amber was crying her eyes out.

"They killed Ike," she said.

I sat next to her for a while. Glad to see she didn’t die. I was crying. Tears of joy. Then I turn around.

There was my cousin, Anthony, lying on Maggie's lap, dying. Maggie was crying. I knelt down next to Anthony; I held his hand in mine and kissed his forehead gently. He smiled, tears streaming down his face. He closed his eyes as his soul escaped his body.

Maggie broke down. I got up and moved over to Nelson.

"Life is cruel," he said, head in his hands.

I held him in my arms. I wanted to tell him. I loved him. I ran my hands through his hair. He looks up. I kiss him gently on his cheek. He smiled. I got up and moved over to Jason. He rocked back and forth, like a mad man.

"I have to get out of this world. I have to kill myself before they do," Jason says.

I feared what he was about to do to himself. I hugged him and stood up to look around. All I saw was pure misery. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought that no one was going to make it. Then that’s when it happened.

The black goo was running down all over the streets. I was being surrounded by it. I had nothing else to do but let the goo envelope me. I lay down on the ground. My skin started to tingle and burn. I got up. I wasn't dead. I had become one of them. An alienated zombie. I ran up to Nelson and spoke my heart out.

"I know Jazzmin," he pointed out. The he kissed me gently.

I asked him if he liked me, he would give himself up to the goo. And he lies down. His body too enveloped with goo. He rises and he kisses me again. Amber died along with us. Jason and Maggie were dead too.

Every inch of the earth was covered by the goo. There was a clearing, a cliff to be more exact. I had an adrenaline rush and had to jump over. I got a deep cut into my left leg. Then, the black goo oozed out of my knee... It was blood!

My bone showed... But I shivered knowing that something outstanding was about to happen. I turned around. Jason was there. After dying, he remained dead for 2 years. He was wearing extravagant clothing. He was king of Earth. The barren place was utopia to us. Nothing could beat our world now. He kneeled and asked me to marry him. I said yes. We got married. A year later, I killed my handsome Jason. The rush of him dying was phenomenal.

I then married my one true love, Nelson. A year after that, I declared Amber heir to the throne. This year, she brought Jason back to life. She married him. They are happy together.

I'm happy with Nelson. And we sit together with evil smirks on our faces. Looking over our dead planet. A planet once too beautiful and colorful... now was incredibly dull and dark.

Everyone knows each other. Because really, all that's left is a population of 4 zombies, 2 on the way, and a basement full of life time supply of dead bodies for us to eat.

Life is now what we like to call... PERFECT.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dreamt this when I was at Mexico they day of christmas. Turned out that I had bad luck that day.