Grey Space

Chapter One

Taking a deep breath, I made my way away from the emergency room and went up to the first-year intern's locker room. I had been here for almost fifty-two hours, and I am more than ready for a night off. Though, I'm not sure if I'm really looking forward to being dragged off to some bar with my friend.

As much as I love the girl, it was very obvious to me that she didn't understand the fact that my work days can get up to forty hours in just one day.

Pulling the hair tie out of my hair, I allowed my long locks to fall down around my shoulders and down my back. Pulling the blood covered scrub top off of my body, I threw it out completely- there were plenty more where that came from. I replaced the scrub top with something a bit more revealing, before changing the bottom half of my outfit to match the top.

Unfortunately, after spending almost two full days on my feet, I picked the one outfit that I owned that needed heels with them. No exceptions.

Why did I ever agree to go out after working to on-call nights?

Once I got myself dressed, I put a leather jacket over my top before quickly making my way out of the hospital altogether. I didn't want anyone stopping me; or better yet, seeing me. I would absolutely die if one of my co-workers or boss saw me dressed this way.

As I was walking out of the locker room, walking away from the shift I had just finished, another handful of interns came walking in to get ready to tackle the night shift. Oh how I wish I was about to work the twelve hour night shift instead of going out to some bar. Something about this while thing just gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. How could the idea of an innocent night out cause such a worried feeling?

As I pulled up to the bar, Johnny's, I couldn't help but wonder if I was just being paranoid and trying to find a way to get out of this. Stupid anxiety.

I made my way into the bar, and it was pretty simple to find the girl that I was looking for. My closest, and pretty much only, friend, Stephanie. She was standing at the bar, surrounded by a small group of people. At least she was easy. To find I mean.

"Oh my gosh, Callie! I was starting to think that you weren't going to show up!" Steph giggled awkwardly. It was obvious to me that she had started drinking long before I arrived. "Of course I showed up, if I didn't then you would've drunkenly shown up at my house or at the hospital trying to find me." I muttered, rolling my eyes ever so slightly.

Making my way over to the bar, I sat a few seats away from Steph and her growing posse. Ordering a drink, I could feel eyes on me as I pushed my hair back out of my face.

"Hey dollface, why don't we get out of here?" A sleazy looking man sitting to my left said with a nasty smirk on his face. "How about no." I scoffed, not even turning to look at him. Glancing over my shoulder towards Steph, I could see that she was still surrounded by a group of horny looking guys. With her surrounding her, she would never even notice if I were here or no. So, I'm going to take that as my perfect excuse to leave and go home.

Downing the last of my drink, I made sure I had all my things before jumping out of my seat and making my way out of the bar.

As soon as I stepped outside, it was like I was knocked back a few feet by the fresh air. Suddenly, I felt sick to my stomach, and pretty dizzy. Reaching out, I placed my hand on the brick wall of the bar in order to steady myself. I could see my car in the distance, it just seemed incredibly far away.

"What the hell is going on?" I choked out, trying to catch my breath.

My eyes went wide with sudden realization. Dizzy, out of breath, couldn't keep my balance. That fucking bastard had drugged me. How? I didn't even look away from my drin- when I looked back to check on Stephanie, of course. How could I be so fucking stupid??

Hearing the bar door open behind me, some part of me hoped that Steph was about to walk out that door; but of course it wasn't going to be here. It was the creep who had been trying to hit on me. The guy who had drugged me. My mind raced as I tried to think of a solution to whatever was happen- damn it I'm a doctor I should know what to do. Think, come on.

Reaching up, I attempted to shove my fingers down the back of my throat- I needed to make myself throw up. That was pretty much the only thing I can do. "There you are, doll face. I was wondering where you had wandered off to." He was quick to step over to me and yank my hand away from my mouth. "Get away from me." I spat at him, struggled to get out of his grip.

"Now why on Earth would I do that?" As he spoke, I could feel his breath against my face. I could also smell it. It made my stomach churn.

Shoving me back against the wall, my head connected roughly with the brick and made me feel even more dizzy that I already was. I was now seeing spots in my vision, or were they stars? Feeling his hand run down my bare side, my body involuntarily shivered out of disgust- though I'm sure that's not the way he thought of it. My body's repulsion only seemed to encourage the man more.

"Stop it." I whined, trying to push his hands away from my body; but in my weakened state he was so much stronger than I am.

Suddenly, he produced a knife from his pocket, and used it to start cutting away the pair of shorts that were clinging to my body, "Shh, shh, shh. I think you're going to enjoy this almost as much as I will." He chuckled in my ear. "No, no, get off of me." I cried, tears falling from my eyes now. I could feel the knife slice against the skin on my legs as he continued to cut away my shorts. How did I end up here? What could I have possibly done in my lifetime to deserve this?

I closed my eyes and tried to block out what was happening to me.

After a few minutes, when I felt his movements stop, I thought that it was over. But I was wrong, of course. After he finished, he took his knife and began cutting random slashes onto my stomach before running away. The cuts were probably not deep enough to need stitches, but they were definitely deep enough to leave scars. If they were deep enough to need stitches they would be bleeding a lot more than they are.

Hearing the door to the bar open once more, my head rolled to the side and I could faintly make out a group of people stumbling out of the bar. With nothing holding me up anymore, I found my body falling to the ground. So, I was thankful when one of the people noticed me there.

"What the hell," Turning he walked over to where I was. "Oh my god, let me help you. We gotta get you to the hospital." He spoke, crouching down and pulling me into his arms. One of his friends noticed that my shorts had been torn to shreds and was quick to take off his jacket and put it over my lower half. "Who the hell did this?" I don't think his words were directed to me but I still answered none the less. "He ran off, that way." My words were badly slurred as I pointed in the direction that the man had taken off running.

The guy who had given me his shirt, and one other were quick to take off running. "Come on, let's go to the hospital." The one who was carrying spoke once more as he carried me over to a large SUV. He sat in the back seat with me, while the other two men he was with sat in the front.

It was while we were in the car, that I couldn't bring myself to keep my eyes open. I tried to, but it was a struggle- and eventually the blurry world around me went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Calliope

I know, I know its fucked up but please don't hate me. I definitely have a direction in which I'm planning on taking this story so at least give it a chance. This will be a Zacky V story; but it will include all the guys in just about every chapter. So stick around!!