So Far Away

Mystery Man

"Did you get the chips?" Matt groaned hearing the front door slam shut.

"Yes, damnit." Jimmy huffed dropping Walmart bas filled with snacks to the floor.

"Oh God. Look, reporters at Walmart. Were you seen?" Brian teased, having made fun of his obvious disguise before he left.

"No, turn it up." He shooshed ignoring everyone's senseless laughing.

"Is this legit?" Zacky asked gulping at his beer.

"Yes, I got that girl gushers. Her name is Evelyn something." Jimmy dramatically pressed his finger to the television set where Evelyn stood and spoke. "She's really short."

"Everyone's shorter than you." Matt laughed.

"Oh well. She's a teacher and is a guardian to this dying girl. The girl just wants to see us play and play drums with me." Jimmy announced.

"Hmm, lets look up this chick's Facebook. I'm sure she's got more word out on there as well." Johnny suggested pulling out his phone. "Wow, this post she made about it has really gone viral. People are sharing it from different countries." Johnny finished.

"Let me see." Brian requested snatching Johnny's phone from his grasp.

"Give me that." Johnny snatched back. "Ok, looks like her name is Evelyn Bailey, music teacher at Huntington High. Doesn't really have anything on here but support posts and cancer awareness. Says here Sarah Miller lost both parents and then was diagnosed with inoperable Brain Cancer all within 6 months of this last year. She's a 16 year old Junior."

"Damn. Where was she when we went to school?" Brian grinned looking at her pictures from his own phone.

"She probably went to school with us. That name sounds familiar." Matt scratched his face trying to remember his high school days.

"Anyways! It looks like she took this Sarah girl in after her parents died and serves as her legal guardian." Johnny explained.

"I say lets do it! We're playing on the 3rd at the arena. Get the two some back stage passes and I'll play drums with the girl. We'd look like dicks to say no." Jimmy preached.

"Alright." They all agreed.

"I have her number." Jimmy smirked.

"How?" Zacky laughed.

"Gushers." He sang dangling his phone in Zacky's face.

"Does she know it was you?" Johnny asked.

"No, I am mystery man. I'll Facetime her later it'll be alright." Jimmy shrugged off.

"Well let me know when, she's hot." Brian winked.

"Brian she's a teacher, not one of those whore's you hook up with." Jimmy scoffed.

"But i'm hot for teacher." Brian playfully wiggled his eyebrows causing all the guys to laugh.

"I set myself up for that one." Jimmy sighed walking into the kitchen.

---------------

"Freedom!" Sarah cried jumping on the couch as they arrived back to their apartment.

"Alright take it easy."

"I feel fine!"

"Sarah! I don't want you to over do yourself. You look worn out, you should be resting."

"Fine. But when you're at school I'm jumping." She promised sticking her tongue out at her.

"Brat." Evie laughed.

"Evie, your post has like 400,000 shares! People are even sharing the news story link." Sarah enthused.

"That's amazing! Maybe things are really going to come together. Summer vacation is about to come, is there any place you want to get away to?"

"Haven't given it a thought."

"Oh, well there's another 2 weeks left. You should figure out something. We could go to Disneyland or something."

"I'll think of something Eve."

"Ok, I'm going to go take a nap. Keep my phone with you in case anyone calls. Seems like it's always ringing anymore."

"Alright but I wanna play my drums."

"Seal the door and windows with the foam so it's not loud."

"Like I don't know that."

"Don't get sassy. Wake me if someone calls." Evelyn yawned tieing her hair into a bun. She walked towards her dresser to pull out a long t-shirt to replace her clothes with. She took a warm wash cloth to her face to peel away the make up she had on. She dove into her bed as if she hadnt seen it in years.

Sarah finished padding the windows and the door fram with sound blockers and nearly cried touching her drumsticks again. "My babies." She sighed before placing her headphones on to focus on a song. It had been sometime since she wa able to play her drums. Although she had an enormous throbbing pain in her head she wasn't going to stop. Halfway through her second song a flashin came from Evelyn's phone.

"Who's this?" Sarah mumbled not recognizing the phone number that was Facetiming her. Remembering that Evie was expecting calls, she went ahead and answered.

"Uhm hi?" Sarah softly chuckled noticing a man with sunglasses and his hood up.

"Is this Evelyn's phone?" He asked trying not to show his uneasiness.

"Yeah, she's taking a nap right now. I'm Sarah, is there something I could help you with?"

"You're Sarah?"

"That would be I." She laughed at how his voice seemed to go higher.

"Well." He breathed out whipping his disguise off. "I'm Jimmy. Nice to meet you."

"Jesus Christ!" She shot up knocking her stool over.

"Close, but I'd prefer Rev." He joked.

"Oh my God!!"

"What's all the screaming James?" Brian asked coming into view on the video call.

"Synyster Gates!? Holy shit I've got to wake Evie!" She screamed knocking over half of her drum set. "Evie! Wake up it's them! Their on the phone!" Sarah shouted pulling the covers back and bouncing on the bed.

"Sarah Christ! What's going on!?" Evelyn spoke out in a hoarse sleepy tone sitting up with one eye opened.

"Just look!" Sarah ordered stuffing the phone in her face.

"Hello Beautiful." They both sang at her sleepy look.

"Oh my God! Sarah! I'm not decent I look like hell! Is that really them!?" She freaked out tossing her phone.

"Yes it's them!"

"Well they had to of called for you. Wait, how'd you get my number?" Evelyn asked looking into her phone.

"You gave it to me." Jimmy grinned.

"Mystery man." She laughed rubbing her eyes.

"That's right! So Sarah!" Jimmy smiled.

"Yes?" She answered taking the phone.

"I heard your story and I must say your teacher has done an awesome job getting your story out. I would be honored if yo uand Evelyn would come to our show on the 3rd and then I'd love to set up a day for us to jam out."

"Oh my God! This cannot be happening!" Sarah jumped for joy.

"Give me the phone." Evie laughed at Sarah's happy dance.

"I will personally pick you guys up." Jimmy promised.

"Come just the way you are." Brian winked.

"Shut up!" Jimmy pushed him away.

"You guys are the best, she'll be dancing all night." Evie smiled.

"Hey we love all of our fans. Can't wait to meet her. I will keep in touch."

"Me too!" Brian added overwhelmed by Evelyn's stunning features.

"She doesn't want you!" Jimmy growled slapping him away.

"Forgive him, we keep him chained up."

"No it's fine. This is awesome, you have no idea how happy you've made Sarah."

"In all actuality it's really an honor, we've never recieved a request like this before."

"We really can't wait to meet you two." Brian spoke sincerely coming back into view.

"Thank you so much. I better go. Sarah's going to tear this place up." Evelyn yawned getting out of bed.

"Just one more thing." Brian spoke.

"What's that?"

"What color panties do you have on?" He winked.

"Ok! See you later Evelyn!" Jimmy ran away with the phone.

"Goodbye mystery man." She laughed ending the call. "Sarah?" She called exiting her room. "Sarah you alright?"

"I'm just so happy Evie. Never in a million years did I think I would meet them. It's amazing."

"I know dear. Are you going to update Facebook? I know everyone of your supporters would love to hear the good news."

"You do it. I can't sit still long enough for that."

"Ok but I'm going to record a video."

"Better do something with your sleep face." Sarah teased poking her cheek.

"You're so mean!" Evelyn gasped running off to her room.

Evie got back into her normal clothes. Just a pair of plaid shorts and a white tank top. She put her glasses on to hid her puffy eyes. She pulled out her phone to go Live on her page. "Hello Facebook world! As you all know, Sarah asked to have a chance to meet Avenged Sevenfold. Well guess what!? With your help we got a phone call from them a little bit ago! Sarah was elated! She spoke to Jimmy and Brian from the band and they agreed to grant her wish! She gets to meet them June 3rd for their show at the arena, as well as get to play drums side by side Jimmy which is something she has always dreamed of doing. Thank you all for your love and support for Sarah thus far. We will be sure to keep you all posted with anymore exciting updates."
♠ ♠ ♠
Really a bit of a filler but it'll get better trust me!!!