So Far Away

See You At 3

Evelyn waited for her 5th period class to exit for lunch that Monday morning before slipping away to the auditorium to escape the world with the schools piano. This was the only time she could play since her apartment wouldn't fit one. This was one of those times she missed being with Conner. Conner had one in his living room, she used to serenade him. Especially after sex.

Sex.

She missed having sex. The biting, kissing, clawing, hair pulling, all of the excitement it entailed. She missed the feeling of a mans touch all over her toned body. She missed how powerful her orgasms could get when she was touched in the right places. "Woo! Calm down Evie." She gasped suddenly feeling hot. Anger set in as she remembered the ultimatum he gave her.

"What do you mean you're going to take this girl in?" Conner spat, rage and shock showering over his once happy expression.

"Conner she needs me. Both of her parents are gone now. The state will take her away. She's got a bright future at this school. So much optimism and taken flow through her veins." Evie spoke passionately over Sarah. She balanced her body against the small island that separated the kitchen from the living room.

"Evelyn, you are a music teacher. You're 26, beautiful and so full of life. You can't just give up everything for some teenager that you teach."

"She's not just some teenager. She trusts me, I won't let her down." Her voice began to get louder at how insensitive Conner was becoming. She had never seen him this enraged before. He paced back and forth glancing away briefly before looking back and running a heavy hand through his messy mohawk.

"Ok, let me make this quite plain. It's either her or me." He crossed his arms, staring sternly into Evie's piercing green eyes.

"You cannot be serious Conner." She gasped out with a small chuckle. She shoved her hands into back pockets and turned away.

"If you ever loved me, this shouldn't be difficult." He scoffed.

"Conner." Evie spun around meeting his gaze with tears welling up in her eyes. She had never felt so betrayed, how could someone she loved and shared a life with these passed 2 years suddenly become so cold? Did she really want to be with someone like that over her act of kindness?

"I'm waiting."

"I guess this is goodbye." She breathed out, allowing the tears she had been fighting off to finally break through.

"Yeah, I guess so." He returned the same hurt tone, not taking his eyes off of her. She tore away from his vengeful gaze and grabbed her things before grabbing at the door handle. She looked back one last time noticing the regret in his eyes, waiting for him to change his mind and go after her. He never broke character, just like that she turned the doorknob and never looked back.

It was less than a week later that her friends stopped talking to her and Conner was with Ramona. Ramona was part of the friendship circle, who clearly was waiting for them to break up. Although Evie befriended Conner's friends she had no idea they would break things off with her as well.


"Gosh." She exhaled drastically shutting the lid to the keys. Evelyn quickly walked outside to her car in hopes she at least had one cigarette left. "Thank you." She smiled finding a half used pack in her center console. She couldn't believe how her mind threw her back into that terrible thought. She wiped a rogue tear away from her face and tried to sway her mind elsewhere, just as her phone began lighting up. She noticed Jimmy's name on the screen as she pulled it out of her pocket.

"Facetime?" The text message read.

"Sure." She quickly responded, a little excited that he actually was getting up with her again after their last encounter.

"Hey!" Jimmy cheesed as their video call connected.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I told you i'd keep in touch."

"You sure did." She chuckled clearing her throat.

"Are you crying?" He asked, noticing her glistening eyes.

"No." She laughed off.

"Did you get in a fight with one of the youngsters?" He joked, not knowing her well enough to know if she was lying or not.

"No, just some down time thinking of old shit."

"I see. You know, Zacky V over here says that he thinks he remembers you from school!"

"Yeah I was a year behind you guys."

"What!? I never met you? How could this have happened?"

"It's no big deal. Kind of kept to myself. I was on the cheerleading team."

"So you would know Valary? Matt's girlfriend."

"Yes, she was our team captain. Although there was a lot of us on the squad so we didn't socialize as much. You guys got away from this scene, for some reason I came right back to it."

"Well you like being a music teacher?"

"Oh absolutely. I love these kids. I just, I don't know. My life doesn't seem filled. I feel like 89% complete." She softly chuckled at how corny she sounded.

"I understand you. Wanna hang out tonight?"

"What? Seriously?" She asked taken aback by his question.

"Sure, I'll meet you in the parking lot!"

"Oh goodness, you'll be trampled by children."

"I won't be seen. Besides, i'll have my boys!"

"Alright then, I'll see you after school. I got to get back."

"See ya, pal!"

Evelyn raced back inside smiling from ear to ear. She had never felt so excited. For so long she had been focusing on Sarah's happiness and pushing everything for herself aside, and she had forgotten how nice it was for someone to take a liking to her.

---------------

"Who are you talking to?" Brian asked Jimmy as he entered into the living room.

"What are you listening in on me?"

"Duh. So who ya talking to?" Brian teased.

"I called Evelyn. I'm gonna meet her after school."

"Jimmy's got a crush." Johnny teased throwing pretzel at him.

"I do not, she's really cool. I just want to meet her."

"I'm coming along." Brian volunteered.

"You just wanna go so you can try and fuck her." Zacky laughed.

"Yeah so?"

"There will be no fucking of any kind. Jesus man, your dick is going to fall off."

"And until said day, I'm on a mission."

"Zacky please come along." Jimmy pleaded, annoyingly gazing at Brian's crude behavior.

"Yes James." Zacky sighed.

In the mean time Jimmy went down into his basement to playback some of his music. They were working on a new album but hadn't gotten a good solid song yet to start piecing it all together. Jimmy mulled over songs from previous albums to try and steer away from duplicating the same sounds. It had been sometime since their self titled album came out and it was eating Jimmy alive that he couldn't get something to flow through him.

"James!" Brian shouted louder, breaking his friend from his frantic pondering.

"What?"

"It's time to go if you wanna see this girl."

"Oh right. Lets go."

"God look at this place." Zacky exhaled looking at his old high school that he hadn't seen since graduation.

"I know. It's weird." Brian chimed in, relaxing back in his seat as he pulled into the teachers parking area. "Jesus, I feel like I'm watching a porno." Brian gasped seeing all the beautiful girls come out of the building with barely any clothes on.

"Are those shorts even legal?" Zacky added.

"That's not even a shirt!" Jimmy pointed at one girls cropped top.

"Time's have definitely changed. I wish I had slow motion abilities." Brian smirked noticing Evelyn appear from the doubled doors. He watched as she unpinned her hair from the tight bun she had. He eyed her from head to toe. The periwinkle button up shirt that was tucked into her pencil skirt which showed off her toned legs. He chuckled at how she wore chuck taylors with the cliche teachers ensemble. "I'm in love." He drooled as Evelyn made her way to her car that was in front of theirs.

"Snap out of it." Jimmy ordered backhanding his chest. Jimmy lowered his window and let out a whistle and waved her over.

"Oh my goodness hi!" Evie grinned walking over to Jimmy's window. "If we're gonna hang out do you mind I go home first? I need to check in with Sarah."

"Sure we'll follow you over if that's alright." Jimmy smiled.

"No problem!"

"I'm riding with you!" Brian announced rushing out of the car.

"But you're driving us!" Zacky reminded throwing his hands up from the back seat.

"Not anymore." He laughed walking with Evelyn to her car.

"He's an ass." Jimmy exhaled as Zacky took Brian's place in the drivers seat.

"I must say, I'd be in trouble if you were my teacher." Brian began as Evelyn pulled out of the parking lot.

"Is that so?"

"Oh yeah. I think i'd let you take advantage of me."

"Brian Haner, probably the biggest player there is to offer. Who'll say just about anything to get any woman he wants. Save it, I'm not interested." She smirked.

"For now." He returned the same smirk. He licked his lips and rubbed his chin thinking about how hard it was going to be to try and seduce her. Brian could always look at a woman and tell if he had a chance with them or not. He's come across a few women he had to really work towards to sleep with. Evelyn would be the same challenge. He couldn't let someone so beautiful go without exploring her sexually.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! I know this is kind of sucky and kind of leaves you hanging a bit but I have been bed ridden sick this passed week. I am off the next couple of days and I will have something better up for you guys! Thank you so much for the subscriptions I know you guys are really keeping up with this story! Like I said the next chapter will be better written!